Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Christian Wicca lol Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:42 pm
YamiYumes

1) Wicca is seen as witchcraft. Witchcraft is and act of Lucifer, Satan, the Fallen One, etc. So that's a big no no in the eyes of Jehova.

I'm pretty sure that verse in the bible is a mistranslation.

Quote:
2) Jehova himself said, "Thou shalt not have other Gods before me" Meaning any other type of divine being. You accept him as the "One True God" and that's that. No other Gods, or even Goddesses allowed.

That makes you a bad Christian, it doesn't make you not Christian.

However, to be Wiccan would mean following only the Wiccan Lord and Lardy, so believing in God would make one not Wiccan. Funny how that works.

Quote:
3) Christ was born from a virgin, and was God put on Earth. He was both human and the 'Son of God'. How was he created? I have no idea, but it couldn't have been because of Jehova copulating since there ARE NO OTHER GODS according to that faith.

If there are no other gods according to Christianity why would God the distinction that he wishes to be worshipped over all other Gods?

Quote:
4) To be a Christian, you must accept Jesus as your Savior, the one who died for all your sins, etc. So virtually, you must believe in the Holy Trinity, which cannot be under any other name than what they are: The Father (Jehova), Son (Jesus), and The Holy Ghost (the thing that born-agains claim to have posess them).

Yup, which of course for reasons above makes you not Wiccan. So while your answer is correct, not all of your reasons are accurate.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:29 am
blindfaith^_^
If there are no other gods according to Christianity why would God the distinction that he wishes to be worshipped over all other Gods?
Quick quibble here - it's not "over" all other deities. It's to the exclusion of all others. The phrasing for the First Commandment means "You will worship no other gods in my presence". There are numerous statements in the OT that show that YHVH does not allow his followers to worship or serve any other deity whatsoever. Other references show that there was an already-existing belief within Judaism that idols were just objects, and that the deities they represented didn't exist. the inability to be a Christian Wiccan exists on the Christian side as well as the Wiccan side.  

Henry Dorsett Case

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:31 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Quick quibble here - it's not "over" all other deities. It's to the exclusion of all others. The phrasing for the First Commandment means "You will worship no other gods in my presence". There are numerous statements in the OT that show that YHVH does not allow his followers to worship or serve any other deity whatsoever. Other references show that there was an already-existing belief within Judaism that idols were just objects, and that the deities they represented didn't exist. the inability to be a Christian Wiccan exists on the Christian side as well as the Wiccan side.

Ah, I hadn't been aware. Thanks for the clarification.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:31 pm
blindfaith^_^
YamiYumes

1) Wicca is seen as witchcraft. Witchcraft is and act of Lucifer, Satan, the Fallen One, etc. So that's a big no no in the eyes of Jehova.

I'm pretty sure that verse in the bible is a mistranslation.

Quote:
2) Jehova himself said, "Thou shalt not have other Gods before me" Meaning any other type of divine being. You accept him as the "One True God" and that's that. No other Gods, or even Goddesses allowed.

That makes you a bad Christian, it doesn't make you not Christian.

However, to be Wiccan would mean following only the Wiccan Lord and Lardy, so believing in God would make one not Wiccan. Funny how that works.

Quote:
3) Christ was born from a virgin, and was God put on Earth. He was both human and the 'Son of God'. How was he created? I have no idea, but it couldn't have been because of Jehova copulating since there ARE NO OTHER GODS according to that faith.

Quote:
4) To be a Christian, you must accept Jesus as your Savior, the one who died for all your sins, etc. So virtually, you must believe in the Holy Trinity, which cannot be under any other name than what they are: The Father (Jehova), Son (Jesus), and The Holy Ghost (the thing that born-agains claim to have posess them).

Yup, which of course for reasons above makes you not Wiccan. So while your answer is correct, not all of your reasons are accurate.

Then again, I was going off the "ZOMG FUNDAMENTALIST" mentality. Like my stupid computer teacher whom I want to kill... scream  

YamiYumes

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:58 pm
YamiYumes

Then again, I was going off the "ZOMG FUNDAMENTALIST" mentality. Like my stupid computer teacher whom I want to kill... scream
If you are interested, there is a thread that explains the correct translations in the guild  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:08 am
LOL, syncretism. Granted it's been a force at the very heart of the development of the occult for centuries, but there's just no accounting for how sloppily it gets done sometimes.

I only really skimmed the wiki article due to an overdose on weaboo bullshit, so it might have been covered there, but what gospels do they consider canonoical? It's all well and good if they're using the standard contemporary one, but it's a very different story if they're dealing in the "heretical" gospels or the Gnostic ones.

Of course it still baffles me that people will carry syncretism to such ridiculous extremes in order to avoid flat out paradigm shifting. If they even thought of that to begin with. rolleyes

Gideon Starorzewski

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces