--- THINKTANK --- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:06 pm
Rellik San

It already exists, its a matter of capturing it safely and storing it.

The launch platform would be an orbital bombardment platform in a non synchronous orbit.

Ahh, dear Rellik, you have such grand ideas, they would be quite sepectacular if they came to fruitation. The only slight drawback, as many grandiose plans do, is that you, my dear, are quite, quite insane (also, another frequent drawback) not only would you fail to get any vital funding for your foray into mass genocide, you would be laughed out of the meeting room.

Hey! you should go onto Dragon's Den!!

"so, what do you want to spend our money on?"
"a death star. That can wipe out life on earth. I project that I can achive a 99.99% kill rate on this.... so long as some plucky Jedi doesn't kill me before completion..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:24 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

The launch platform would be an orbital bombardment platform in a non synchronous orbit.

Ahh, dear Rellik, you have such grand ideas, they would be quite sepectacular if they came to fruitation. The only slight drawback, as many grandiose plans do, is that you, my dear, are quite, quite insane (also, another frequent drawback) not only would you fail to get any vital funding for your foray into mass genocide, you would be laughed out of the meeting room.

"a death star. That can wipe out life on earth. I project that I can achive a 99.99% kill rate on this.... so long as some plucky Jedi doesn't kill me before completion..."

Some call it insanity, I call it genius, its a very fine line between the two. Funding would not be a problem however, I'm sure some country run by a dictator would happily allow me to develop this weapons system, somewhere like Korea, Iran or America.

Well I pitched the idea to the BBC to go on dragons den with...

They promptly had me removed from the studio by a few dozen guards and told never to darken their door with my idea's again...

*Sigh*

Some people don't appreciate true megalomania.  

Rellik San
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:32 pm
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Some call it insanity, I call it genius, its a very fine line between the two. Funding would not be a problem however, I'm sure some country run by a dictator would happily allow me to develop this weapons system, somewhere like Korea, Iran or America.

They promptly had me removed from the studio by a few dozen guards and told never to darken their door with my idea's again...

*Sigh*

The force was too strong in them, eh?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:39 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

*Sigh*

The force was too strong in them, eh?

Ahhhh well, I'll just infect their computers with the HIV virus. hehe.  

Rellik San
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:55 pm
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
[
What do you think the Ion propulsion system on the voyager probe uses to create a long lasting low burn?

And now for the world outside of tv:

The voyager space probe, is one that left our solar system a few years back

Here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_2

I just saw this and have to wonder... What!? Anti-matter engines do not exist!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:13 pm
zz1000zz
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
[
What do you think the Ion propulsion system on the voyager probe uses to create a long lasting low burn?

Here's a link:

You mis understand, the engine works by burning anti matter as a slow burning fuel supply, seriously, I saw it a documentary about the Voyager II probe. The actual engine is called an Ion pulse engine as it uses short bursts of Ionised flame to create a micro explosion propelling it forward on momentum.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:48 pm
Ninja Lord Kitwick
Personally I think that there should be a main topic in here for subjects about the occult like real vamparism or otherkin, or even ghosts and such. Maybe with that, some members in here could learn a bit more about the world around them.

Yes! A sticky that educates people and helps clear up.... misunderstandings about the sub-culture or things going on in it. There should also be something that explains the history of certain symbols and holidays that are associated with goth or satan that really have nothing to do with them, or not origionally....Maybe something that explains what wicca and satanism really are, and other religions too.

I hope that if this does get started that as many people as possible contribute and help out. (checking and posting resources, verifying information, making sure information is crediable, contributing multiple perspectives to things that are open to debate...)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:29 am
XWraith_LordX
Ninja Lord Kitwick
Personally I think that there should be a main topic in here for subjects about the occult like real vamparism or otherkin, or even ghosts and such. Maybe with that, some members in here could learn a bit more about the world around them.

Yes! A sticky that educates people and helps clear up.... misunderstandings about the sub-culture or things going on in it. There should also be something that explains the history of certain symbols and holidays that are associated with goth or satan that really have nothing to do with them, or not origionally....Maybe something that explains what wicca and satanism really are, and other religions too.

I hope that if this does get started that as many people as possible contribute and help out. (checking and posting resources, verifying information, making sure information is crediable, contributing multiple perspectives to things that are open to debate...)
Nah, seems to be more of a theoretical science and weapons development topic these days. smile Not that its a bad thing.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:54 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Ninja Lord Kitwick

Nah, seems to be more of a theoretical science and weapons development topic these days. smile Not that its a bad thing.

You quoted the wrong thing Relik San. Weapons development...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:28 pm
zz1000zz
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
[

Here's a link:

I have no information about anti-matter engines but I do know that anti-matter do exist. CERN has already produced several particles but not enough for mass production as it takes a massive energy input to actually produce a few particles of it. Plus, the specialized equipment e.g. cyclotrons and the containers

Just a question. Don't anti-matter particles have an extremely short half-life?  

jaenus

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:00 am
jaenus
zz1000zz
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
[

Here's a link:

I have no information about anti-matter engines but I do know that anti-matter do exist. CERN has already produced several particles but not enough for mass production as it takes a massive energy input to actually produce a few particles of it. Plus, the specialized equipment e.g. cyclotrons and the containers

Exactly why in 20 years, nukes will be redundant, anti-matter war heads will be the top of the line WMD of choice for major Nations.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:32 pm
Rellik San
jaenus
zz1000zz
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
[

Here's a link:

Exactly why in 20 years, nukes will be redundant, anti-matter war heads will be the top of the line WMD of choice for major Nations.

We'll be expecting then another cold war and arms race or, worst case scenario, WW3. Humans will exterminate each other. The only things left will be cockroaches. twisted  

jaenus

Rellik Chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:56 pm
jaenus
Rellik San
jaenus
zz1000zz
Rellik San

Here's a link:

We'll be expecting then another cold war and arms race or, worst case scenario, WW3. Humans will exterminate each other. The only things left will be cockroaches. twisted
Even roaches can't survive an anti-matter blast.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:40 pm
Rellik Chan
jaenus
Rellik San
jaenus
zz1000zz
Rellik San

Here's a link:

You'll never know. They're very adaptable as they have shown. Able to survive radioactivity and pesticides.  

jaenus

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:20 am
jaenus
Rellik Chan
jaenus
Rellik San
jaenus

You'll never know. They're very adaptable as they have shown. Able to survive radioactivity and pesticides.

They can survive the fall out, but not the initial blast itself.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff