Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Pet rocks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever owned / cosidered owning a pet rock?
Yes. I have one here... come pet rock, COME TO ME!! Haha!
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
No. As they are inanimate and not resistant to erosion.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Perhaps if the pet rock comes fully functional...
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
I really have doubts as to sanity of this guild. I really, REALLY do.
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Gaulia

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:31 am
Indie_Chick
i want a pet rock. he'll be called sarge.

Can I eat him?  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:19 pm
We have a PET ROCK THREAD?! Whose Idea was that? Oh... Simon... of course. rolleyes  

Arivel

Gaulia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:52 am
What's a guild without a pet rock thread?!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:04 am
I stole the idea from someone else. And yes, a guild without a pet rock thread is indeed very bare... not to mention unfulfilled... neutral  

Nebelstern
Crew

Zoutout

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:29 am
Japanese tourists are nice, because they're so friendly and take pictures with you randomly (*made up flshback* NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Pet rocks, intresting. Specially since I consider rocks slightly concious.

Anywho, why I dislike American tourists:

*France, Paris, tourbus*
"Gee look at the Eye-ful tower!"
"Yeah, but still not as good as the Statue of Liberty, that's real American engineering!"

It was so aweful it wasn't funny. I had to be restrained to resist caving their ignorant little skulls in.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:55 pm
Did you know that some pet rocks come with manuals, teaching your pet rock to do things like "play dead" and "roll over" (i.e. be pushed down a slope)?  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Lord Jagged

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:11 pm
I don't have a pet rock, but when I was younger, I was in France and I filled my socks with sand and I braught them home. I still have them, though one has a hole in.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:19 am
There's an entry in the Meaning of Liff by Douglas Adams and John Lloyd:
Glassel: A pebble found on a beach which was shiny and interesting when wet, and is now a lump of rock, but which nevertheless small children insist on filling suitcases with after a holiday.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:46 am
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish

It could...
Don't be silly. Cedric is spelt with a C, and it's Neville the Metamorphic. 3nodding

I doubt that the demand for such is overly high...Really? I thought that Cedric could be spelt with either. You know, one of those colloquially warped spellings.

You'd be suprised what gullible american tourists are willing to pay for.
Please note the use of the word 'siliceous' in my post. It took me quite some time to look it up to get the spelling right, so you missed it in your quote, seeing as I added it in in an edit... hoorah for Terry Pratchett and his vocabluary increasing novels...

Yes. I saw a programme where this Amerian woman decided to collect thousands of Princess Diana dolls. I think that gullible only scratches the surface with Americans. Especially American tourists. Or Japanese tourists. Because THEY can't understand anything AS WELL as being gullible. *looks up* It isn't in the dictionary... pfft. Not that it really matters anymore. Well done for being all wordy though.

It's hard to tell if Japanese tourists are gullible, seeing as they talk quietly in Japenese. American tourists are generally loud and fat and wear brightly coloured tents that hurt your eyes to look at. They mis-pronounce everything, and don't care about finding out about whatever interesting historical site they're visiting, as long as they have a photo of them standing in front of it to prove they've been there. To them the world is just one big sticker book, and they're filling in the gaps.
Thankyou. ^-^

~Cough~

I hope you don't think that all Americans are like that. o.o;;

Back to the original subject though.... Do rocks like cheese? ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:51 am
Timeless_Visage
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu
I''ve seen pet rocks in shop windows with googly eyes and stuck on hair.

Yes, but are they REAL pet rocks? Huh? You know, the ones with the box and the guide that look suspiciously manufactured...
I suppose they count. The whole notion of pet rocks is ultimately pointless though.

Of course they''re not -real- pet rocks. Giving it human like features defeats the point, does it not?
Shhh! Don''t say they''re pointless! You''ll hurt iggy the igneous''s feelings!

Not unless they are trying to produce Easter Island minatures. That COULD be a lucrative business...
And I suppose there is a ''Sedric'' the ''sed''imentary and a ''Greta'' the ''meta''-morphic as well?

It could...
Don''t be silly. Cedric is spelt with a C, and it''s Neville the Metamorphic. 3nodding

I doubt that the demand for such is overly high...Really? I thought that Cedric could be spelt with either. You know, one of those colloquially warped spellings.

You''d be suprised what gullible american tourists are willing to pay for.
Please note the use of the word ''siliceous'' in my post. It took me quite some time to look it up to get the spelling right, so you missed it in your quote, seeing as I added it in in an edit... hoorah for Terry Pratchett and his vocabluary increasing novels...

Yes. I saw a programme where this Amerian woman decided to collect thousands of Princess Diana dolls. I think that gullible only scratches the surface with Americans. Especially American tourists. Or Japanese tourists. Because THEY can''t understand anything AS WELL as being gullible. *looks up* It isn''t in the dictionary... pfft. Not that it really matters anymore. Well done for being all wordy though.

It''s hard to tell if Japanese tourists are gullible, seeing as they talk quietly in Japenese. American tourists are generally loud and fat and wear brightly coloured tents that hurt your eyes to look at. They mis-pronounce everything, and don''t care about finding out about whatever interesting historical site they''re visiting, as long as they have a photo of them standing in front of it to prove they''ve been there. To them the world is just one big sticker book, and they''re filling in the gaps.
Thankyou. ^-^

~Cough~

I hope you don''t think that all Americans are like that. o.o;;

Hope not. Foul stuff.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:12 am
whapcapn
Timeless_Visage
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish

You''d be suprised what gullible american tourists are willing to pay for.
Please note the use of the word ''siliceous'' in my post. It took me quite some time to look it up to get the spelling right, so you missed it in your quote, seeing as I added it in in an edit... hoorah for Terry Pratchett and his vocabluary increasing novels...

Yes. I saw a programme where this Amerian woman decided to collect thousands of Princess Diana dolls. I think that gullible only scratches the surface with Americans. Especially American tourists. Or Japanese tourists. Because THEY can''t understand anything AS WELL as being gullible. *looks up* It isn''t in the dictionary... pfft. Not that it really matters anymore. Well done for being all wordy though.

It''s hard to tell if Japanese tourists are gullible, seeing as they talk quietly in Japenese. American tourists are generally loud and fat and wear brightly coloured tents that hurt your eyes to look at. They mis-pronounce everything, and don''t care about finding out about whatever interesting historical site they''re visiting, as long as they have a photo of them standing in front of it to prove they''ve been there. To them the world is just one big sticker book, and they''re filling in the gaps.
Thankyou. ^-^

~Cough~

I hope you don''t think that all Americans are like that. o.o;;

Hope not. Foul stuff.

It is not foul! ~Gasp~ That's almost as insane as saying tea is foul! :O

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:13 am
and_solo_said
Here have some free pets *throws rocks at random guild members*
*Is hit by a rock three months too late.*  

Angilwingz

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:19 am
See?

Pet rocks are so versatile. They can even break out of our dimension and exist for a moment outside of accepted time-space material.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:47 pm
Zoutout
Japanese tourists are nice, because they're so friendly and take pictures with you randomly (*made up flshback* NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Pet rocks, intresting. Specially since I consider rocks slightly concious.

Anywho, why I dislike American tourists:

*France, Paris, tourbus*
"Gee look at the Eye-ful tower!"
"Yeah, but still not as good as the Statue of Liberty, that's real American engineering!"

It was so aweful it wasn't funny. I had to be restrained to resist caving their ignorant little skulls in.
neutral That is a new level of stupid.  

Angilwingz

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:19 am
I want a pet rock.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers