Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emmylientje

9,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:59 am
My father simply pushed a violin in my hands and drove me to violinlessons, and it went allright, but he couldn't choose a better instrument for me. The violin and I are just one.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:06 pm
I've been singing since I could remember. I was able to do second and third voice when I was about 5. I started violin about 9. Taught myself piano somewhere along the way. Picked up the guitar around 14. Drums and percussions followed soon after... went through a lot of orchestra performances, school programs/plays, mall/bar/lot gigs, praise and worship/ministry bands and all... good fun. 4laugh  

beddyteddy2

Morning Elegance

Noble Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:43 pm
I was about 6 and my parents suggusted I do some sort of after school activity. I already played soccer and I wanted to do something different, and I'd always been interested in the piano, so I started that. I started clarinet for school band, because I already had my mom's old one and I could get a sound out of it, and I've been singing pretty much forever.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:29 pm
Back in the 5th grade, I decided I wanted to learn the hardest musical instrument I could, but wound up playing the Horn in F. Later in highschool I migrated to the double horn, and after giving that up for guitar, the rest is history.  

Shen Akamatsu

lespaw

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:12 pm
I've been around music my whole life because my dad played guitar and keyboards in local bands for about 10 years (6-ish of which I was around). I actually didn't start playing until about two years ago
(I'm 17 now) because for some reason I just didn't want to play guitar. I wanted to play drums, but we never had the money to get a set, not to meniton the fact my dad couldn't justify getting a whole new drumset when we had guitars laying around, but I digress. After many attempts to get me interested, something finally clicked when he had me listen to Stevie Ray Vaughan. After that, he had me listen to other amazingly good guitarists such as Steve Vai, Stanley Jordan, Larry Carlton, Steve Morse, Chet Atkins, and more that I can't think of right now. I've put drums on the back burner for now so I can learn to play like those guys. I must say I've gotten quite swept up with the guitar so I want to keep learning and getting better (that's the point, right?) and, eventually, I'll get my drumset.

That's my story for guitar. Ready for my bass story? Don't worry, it's not as long. =)

I've messed around with bass to some extent, but I haven't put much effort into becoming an accomplished bassist. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine told me his graduation party was coming up in a week (a week from when he told me. It's already taken place now. I believe it was on June 10th.) and he was getting a group of guys together to play for his party. He asked me if I was interested and I said yes. Then he asked if I knew how to play bass and if I would for his party. I said I'd try and we got together four times in that week and I played for his graduation party. Yay for me.

Sorry to make you read so much. Just felt like typing today, I guess. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:49 am
I was, I believe, 5th grade & we had to do a project on any instrument of our choice. I was researching the differnce between a violin & a viola (btw, violas are awesum!) & i was so intressted by the viola that i learned hoe to play it.  

kyogoku-san

Scorchbird14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:57 am
I guess it was when I got my first keyboard like when I was 11 or so.It took me a few days but I could already play 3 songs by ear.Eventually I figured the keyboard was a little bit outdated.It didn't exactly sound like those newer keyboards that people have now.I guess I sort of abandoned it.I still get it out and play it sometimes.After a while I felt that I wanted to be in a band so I thought I wanted to play guitar.I saw my grandpa playing a guitar and so I asked if maybe one day I could buy one.My dad told my grandpa and he gave me one of his many acoustic guitars.It was such an awesome moment.He's so kewl.Now I usually try to practice even though I am not very good.Recently I have seen a few bands and I thought about me playing bass so now I kinda want a bass but I am totally going for Electric before I go to Bass.Also I have taken an interest in writing more lyrics now too after I wrote my first lyrics and I thought they were good.My cousin thought they were good too but Imay need another opinion.Well that's how I got started with instruments and stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:22 pm
I started playing the fiddle like 4 or 5 years ago, my grandfather plays lots of instrument like the fiddle and I just liked the sound of it so when i was nine years old he bought me a fiddle and I started taking lessons then and if I look from when I started untill now I can say I'm good lol  

chicka_13

Siksaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:19 am
i started a 1 yr and 9 months...although it sounds kinda cheezy...i was watchin mtv and saw the Bat Country video from A7X..i had just started to get into rock...wen i saw Synyster do his solo i was in awe...now...i play everything (cept for the solo...too lazy to do it)..ive playing everything from chritian rock to death metal and everything in between...my life is way better with music..  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:36 am
My Mom always says I could sing before I could talk - she'd know the tune, but the words were unintelligible. I'm mainly a pianist now though. I started taking in 1st grade and never looked back - I love it!  

moosiklady

A Dance Hall Drug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:27 pm
I picked up my moms acoustic guitar a few months ago. and been in love with the music ever since  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:49 pm
Well, my oldest brother was taking Piano lessons, when I was four.
I thought it was the coolest thing IN THE WORLD.
(Hey, I was four..xD)

Anyways, I've been in love with it, ever since.
I've been taking lessons since I was 5 years old, and I'm 14, now.
I don't plan on stopping.

Hopefully (If we're rich enough...), I could go to Berklee College of Music.
<3

-Evan Everwood-

metal-veined_heart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:59 am
i pretty much started playing becuase of my best friend.He had been playing for about a year and i went to his house and played his guitar and decided to learn.I asked for a guitar for my birthday and have been causing havoc with my technique since then.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:58 am
Well, one day my mother just plopped me in a piano class and I loved it ever since 3nodding As for flute, my father always played, and I kept bugging him for a flute and one day he gave me one!  

amaryllis_odorite

popiouiuyuio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:24 pm
My mom sent my brother to learn music first and I wanted to tag a long. smile They asked me to sing a song so I sung a nursery rhyme and I was accepted. I've been playing the piano ever since. razz Odd isn't it? You want to learn piano, they ask you to sing.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff