Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
OH DAMN IT Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:02 pm
Hence my step back from M&R for a few days--besides the insaneness that trying to get employed, I don't want the constant conflict right now.

I love conflict--most of the time. Right now is not the time. I saw myself as starting to get mean.

I'll be harsh, I'll tell people that they are wrong, play DA, whatever. But if I think I'm being mean just to be mean, I need to step back.

...this does not apply however, to using stumbleupon to snark bad bad websites. And sharing them if I feel the need. or reading .pagan_snark or nfp, or fmpph on livejournal. That's just feeding the snark drive.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:30 pm
Fiddlers Green
Ah, and that tis my whole point.
This was mean as a general observation... that at times, our goals, no matter how lofty, and our actions, no matter how justified, are still the result of perpetual wear and ceaseless (in some cases trivial or asinine) conflict.
The desposition of the spirit, of one's blood pressure, and one's personal well beign seem more important to me currently than (if you will forgive the vulgarity) Winxoring teh Interweb.
My point is, at some points victory, or even the struggle, regardless of it's righteousness, takes a toll on the souls of those who participate. neutral
Looks like I am just coming from a different place then you.

I haven't had someone in my life for four years that really challenged me. I found that in Reagun and Nuri, Deo, yourself and a host of other people here on Gaia who actually have their own opinions.

I will not presume to know what it is like for you to long for your days as a Solider, but I will not deny how much I have longed for what I have found on Gaia.

Any time my heckles were raised it was never over the topic at hand- and always the stupidity would interupt the game at hand.  

TeaDidikai

Charity.Solei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:24 pm
Um could some one tell me what IRAB Means? I've seen it used in this debate over and over again and I have no idea what it means. I'd like to be able to understand what's going on in the debate as I find it extremly interesting and helpful in clearing up what my own questions about Wicca and witch cults are.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:00 pm
Charity.Solei
Um could some one tell me what IRAB Means? I've seen it used in this debate over and over again and I have no idea what it means. I'd like to be able to understand what's going on in the debate as I find it extremly interesting and helpful in clearing up what my own questions about Wicca and witch cults are.

I Read A Book- usually addressing the S. Cunningham and Ravenwolf Wiccans.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:02 pm
Anyone ever notice how few of the IRAB Wiccans have actually ever picked up one of Gardner's books?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:47 pm
TeaDidikai
Anyone ever notice how few of the IRAB Wiccans have actually ever picked up one of Gardner's books?

Well, not counting the I-net... They are hard to come by...
Much harder than say, the money-grabbing authors. rolleyes

(To be honest, I don't think the fluffies actually know that Gardner wrote books...)  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:47 pm
Elfin Brill
TeaDidikai

Well, not counting the I-net... They are hard to come by...

(To be honest, I don't think the fluffies actually know that Gardner wrote books...)

Not Wicca 101 books at least. He wrote about the religion. Others wrote how to be Wiccan by the end of the book.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:23 pm
Elfin Brill

I resent that attitude.

Authors have the right to trade in their skills as much as anyone else.  

TeaDidikai

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:36 pm
TeaDidikai
I've never actually seen one of his books in any of the "Occult" sections of the bookstores I've been in, and considering that most of the fluffs I've seen picked up a book at B&N, the odds that IRAB's even know who Gardner is happens to be incredibly slim. *sigh* But they don't skimp out on good ol Silverchimp and Cunningless.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:10 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
I've never actually seen one of his books in any of the "Occult" sections of the bookstores I've been in, and considering that most of the fluffs I've seen picked up a book at B&N, the odds that IRAB's even know who Gardner is happens to be incredibly slim. *sigh* But they don't skimp out on good ol Silverchimp and Cunningless.
Huh... Five Corners has always stocked them.  

TeaDidikai

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:22 pm
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong stores then, but I haven't even gandered it at Vegas' local occult shop, the Psychic Eye. Then again, I wasn't looking for it specifically, so I might be missing out on something. I'll go check some of the local shops on Saturday to see if the good ol' Christian town of Columbia houses a bookmonger with a well informed occult section. (Seeing as there are no Psychic Eyes where I live anymore)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:06 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Maybe I'm looking in all the wrong stores then, but I haven't even gandered it at Vegas' local occult shop, the Psychic Eye. Then again, I wasn't looking for it specifically, so I might be missing out on something. I'll go check some of the local shops on Saturday to see if the good ol' Christian town of Columbia houses a bookmonger with a well informed occult section. (Seeing as there are no Psychic Eyes where I live anymore)
Then again- whatever the merits and flaws that the shop's owner may have- he's smart.  

TeaDidikai

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Then again- whatever the merits and flaws that the shop's owner may have- he's smart.
There seems to be a lack of that in the book owners repetoire when dealing with the occult. The Peace Nook has some good books...muddled in with Ravenlamprey stressed . Then again, we can't expect the owner of that shop to be smart since he's a biased a** hole that takes advantage of the hippy movement. *The search continues*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:20 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
There seems to be a lack of that in the book owners repetoire when dealing with the occult. The Peace Nook has some good books...muddled in with Ravenlamprey stressed . Then again, we can't expect the owner of that shop to be smart since he's a biased a** hole that takes advantage of the hippy movement. *The search continues*
~BAPS~

Look- I dislike Silver as much as everyone else. But she has the right to sell her books as long as we are in a capitalist culture and there are stupid people who will buy them.

Stocking the book does not make the owner stupid.  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:22 am
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness
~BAPS~

Look- I dislike Silver as much as everyone else. But she has the right to sell her books as long as we are in a capitalist culture and there are stupid people who will buy them.

Stocking the book does not make the owner stupid.

If it keeps the store in business, its not a bad thing.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff