Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Why I refuse to call myself Otaku. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinrin Minto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:53 am
eek
For some reason I basically associate otakus with only Japanese people, and therefore can't identify myself with the word (or that's the main reason). I once saw this amusing video of a "Westerner otaku" who went to Japan. I can't remember much of it, but at least he was overwhelmingly happy when singing anime themes in karaoke, etc. It just didn't fit. And to me otaku still has the negative connotation to it. So don't want to use the term for myself.

"...want to have sex with their favourite characters." eek *gasp*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:17 am
In Otaku no Video there was an American Otaku.

I've also seen American otaku before. Not pretty.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

Thonek

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:38 am
Wyrn
xxNai-chanxx
Wyrn
You forgot the Meaning behind Otaku.

Otaku means house. In other words it means your live in your house and never come out. How can anyone think of that as a good word? I hate otaku with a burning passion. I think they are useless to society.

that confuses me. if that is the meaning then why do people call themselves anime otaku?

Because they hear Japanese and are like. "Aw Kowaii! Watashi wa baka otaku da ne?"

...No matter how much Japanese you spew out... your still an idiot until you understand what you are saying.
something about cute, and idiot otaku?

I don't try to comprehend japanese, I'm not an otaku, because I have a life, I'm just an entnusiest  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:02 pm
I heard about him before. I never did read anything of him, though, and now that I did...just. gah. That's disgusting. Wrong. DD:

I'll read Silencing of the Lambs or whatever it was later too. I'm all interested now rofl.

I definitely don't consider myself an otaku. It'd be pretty sad to stay at home all day with no life whatsoever D: I did use the term before, for a really short time, when I was like 10. o__o; When my brother told me about the murderer and how it's all negative and crap I stopped using it. It bugged the heck out of me after that, too, 'cos I'd see it almost all the time whenever I was at suncoast. They had a huge sign that said, "OTAKU!" on it in front of the manga and anime shelves @_@. Their staff shirts said it too. Haha, my brother and I always wanted to ask if they knew what the word meant. xD;

Inkieee!
Crew

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:07 pm
Wyrn
In Otaku no Video there was an American Otaku.

I've also seen American otaku before. Not pretty.
Otaku no Video amuses me. XD;; And now they're selling this godawful "documentary" on otaku in Hot Topic called "Otakus UNITE!" It makes me want to scream, cry, and eject bile at an astonishing rate from my mouth.

Ah, Wyrn-chan...love the signature, by the way. heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:10 pm
Inkieee!
I heard about him before. I never did read anything of him, though, and now that I did...just. gah. That's disgusting. Wrong. DD:

I'll read Silencing of the Lambs or whatever it was later too. I'm all interested now rofl.

I definitely don't consider myself an otaku. It'd be pretty sad to stay at home all day with no life whatsoever D: I did use the term before, for a really short time, when I was like 10. o__o; When my brother told me about the murderer and how it's all negative and crap I stopped using it. It bugged the heck out of me after that, too, 'cos I'd see it almost all the time whenever I was at suncoast. They had a huge sign that said, "OTAKU!" on it in front of the manga and anime shelves @_@. Their staff shirts said it too. Haha, my brother and I always wanted to ask if they knew what the word meant. xD;
That amuses me soo much. Yeah, if only they knew the connotations. Honestly, the only shirt that had anything to do with Japan that I ever bought at Suncoast was something that had NOTHING to do with anime. It said "Got Sake?" XD I love that shirt.  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Inkieee!
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:42 pm
lolol, niiice. XD <3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:19 pm
Inkieee!
lolol, niiice. XD <3
But seriously, I love that shirt. XD  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:22 pm
thonek
Wyrn
xxNai-chanxx
Wyrn

Otaku means house. In other words it means your live in your house and never come out. How can anyone think of that as a good word? I hate otaku with a burning passion. I think they are useless to society.

that confuses me. if that is the meaning then why do people call themselves anime otaku?

Because they hear Japanese and are like. "Aw Kowaii! Watashi wa baka otaku da ne?"

...No matter how much Japanese you spew out... your still an idiot until you understand what you are saying.

I don't try to comprehend japanese, I'm not an otaku, because I have a life, I'm just an entnusiest

Actually is says "Ah scary. I am an idiot Otaku yes?"

Kowai = scary Kawaii = cute. I laugh at people saying Kowai instead of Kawaii.

My sig is a tribute to Hiroyuki Utatane. So far my sig has converted over 10 people to at least TRY his works.

My favorite Japanese shirts say... "I'm an idiot American and I will buy anything" writen in Japanese. When people ask me what is says i tell them in Japanese. I also love the "one sake, two sake, three sake, floor..."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:44 pm
Wyrn
thonek
Wyrn
xxNai-chanxx
Wyrn

Actually is says "Ah scary. I am an idiot Otaku yes?"

Kowai = scary Kawaii = cute. I laugh at people saying Kowai instead of Kawaii.

My sig is a tribute to Hiroyuki Utatane. So far my sig has converted over 10 people to at least TRY his works.

My favorite Japanese shirts say... "I'm an idiot American and I will buy anything" writen in Japanese. When people ask me what is says i tell them in Japanese. I also love the "one sake, two sake, three sake, floor..."
I also like the shirts that say Looking for a Japanese Girlfriend" in Kanji that only the fat, sweaty otaku who still live in their mom's basement wear. XD  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:08 pm
I was seriouisly thinking about getting one of my old Homophobic male friends from Texas a "Looking for a Japanese Boyfriend Shirt."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:21 pm
Wyrn
I was seriouisly thinking about getting one of my old Homophobic male friends from Texas a "Looking for a Japanese Boyfriend Shirt."
That would certainly amuse ME. XD

Oh, Wyrn-chan...I posted a character profile in your RP thread, but I wasn't sure if I should. Should I have PMed it to you? If I should have, I'm sorry...

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:44 pm
MadAzrael
Wyrn

Oh, Wyrn-chan...I posted a character profile in your RP thread, but I wasn't sure if I should. Should I have PMed it to you? If I should have, I'm sorry...

That's fine I rather my PM box not be cluttered. I'll start the RPG next week. Just to give time for people to look and see if they are interested.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:52 pm
Wyrn
MadAzrael
Wyrn

That's fine I rather my PM box not be cluttered. I'll start the RPG next week. Just to give time for people to look and see if they are interested.
Of course.

Smiling, I slowly walk up behind you and encircle you with my arms, reveling in the exchange of body heat between us. I nuzzle my nose into your hair and deeply breathe in your scent, allowing it to entoxicate me. Smiling, one hand around your waist, another pressed against your heart, my lips leave a trail of kisses from the top of your head to the crook of your neck, where my chin finally comes to rest, my face turning toward yours, my teeth finding your earlobe, nibbling on it slightly. "Forgive me for this...the mood just suddenly struck me..." My breath is hot and steamy against your skin, and my eyes close gently as I lay a single kiss on your cheek

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:09 pm
My heart beats faster as your arms surround me. The contact though a first surprises me quickly relaxes my body as your familiar sent and touch enables me to know it is you. Sighing softly as moisture from your lips leave a residue that chills me to the bones and adding a feeling of wanting more. I can barely understand your words as my sensitive ears are under attack by your wonderful heat. No movement but a slightly shaking hand that moves to cover the hand placed over my heart as if to hold it there. "I'll always forgive you."  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff