Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Have you ever been called a poser before? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x Drk_Rayne x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:50 pm
I've been called a poser by people who don't know me and even some of my own so-called "friends". I ignore it though because what otehr people think doesn't matter to me. I like what I like and if people don't like it that's their problem not mine. Because Essetially life is about what we want for ourselves and what makes us feel good. And among the many things that make me feel good is Gothic Style and Gothic Music. emo ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:58 pm
Nevan Antares
I get called a poser by Emo's wearing chains and black nailpolish.
Kel horror.
But the thing that really shits me is when preps call me Emo.
Am I the only Australian here? Coz for some reaons, Stereotypes seem to be the best thing since sliced bread over here.

Hey I know how you feel. Unfortunately Stereotyping is the most popular thing since sliced bread in America to.. and even in most countries. And it's really sad.

x Drk_Rayne x

redline_lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:50 am
yep by some loser that had a crush on me  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:16 pm
AdrianaKitten
I have never been called a f*****t.(Just "scary")
I was called a whore by some other gothic chix smoking cigarettes on my street corner just because my ex dropped me off with his friends.
I then took her cigarette and stepped on it and called her a "poser b***h with no life"
She just gave me the finger and I returned it with a ******** you look.

nice!
I have been called a f*****t, b***h, freak, and poser. By who? by the preppy poser bitches who also think I cut. And by bitches, I'm only talking bout the boys. The girls bad too, though. They scream in my ear for telling them to go away.  

The Deadliest Grace

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Oterys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:14 pm
I've never been called a poser, but they're probably thinking it...like I care.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:29 pm
Yea, from one of my now best friends.

It happened when she was a goth.

Now she's not.

She changes her look every year.

Who's the "poser"  

mee_shee

tazphreak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:23 pm
it was only once and i got kicked out of the mall for it too, i hit him he really pissed me off and woulndt stop so i stopped him  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:26 pm
I've got called a poser several times cause i wear colors mixed with black and here all the goths are just posers and wear black all of the time. there is only one true goth like me here. i miss hanging out with her.  

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:30 am
yes i have, ive been called one by the pretend goths at my school. i.e. the druggies and school skippers. cause i dont die my hair and dont let things make me sad. you dont have to be solem. and i like bright greens and purples, that another reason.
stupid emo druggies XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:02 am
Lady(Rayne)
I've got called a poser several times cause i wear colors mixed with black and here all the goths are just posers and wear black all of the time. there is only one true goth like me here. i miss hanging out with her.
Same situation for me. Since I don't wear black all of the time people assume quite simply that I am a poseur. Like they really researched the culture or realized that goths are people too? Oh well. People will be people.  

Acerbus nox noctis

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:42 pm
Yes, idiots will be idiots.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:28 pm
By these girls, but it's because they thought they were like "totally" Goth(when they listened to like Yellow Card & Green Day) and they thought because I listened to actual Goth music(that they've never heard of) & didn't shop at Hot Topic or wear black lipstick all the time that I was a poser. Another girl gave me the whole "labels are for soup cans" bullshit & her friend went on about how the Goths were a tribe,blah,blah...and a style of buildings...on & on.  

anime_freak777

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:31 am
I never called myself a goth, and the only reason I consider myself to be one now is that all the goths I knew called me a goth. I figured, sure why not? It didn't really change anything about me to be called something different tho. I just accept the label now I guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:40 am
I've never been called a poser.  

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

Scathach789

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:01 am
Once.
Then people noticed I was always giggling and prancing around, and they realized posers are trying to hard to be mopey, so I couldn't be a poser.
No one called me a poser again. ^_^  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces