Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NickelP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:22 pm
Name:Nikki
Anime or Manga?:Anime though I do read manga
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): twenties
Brief summary:I didnt see this on the list nor talked about, how about Bleach and Hellsing added to the mix?
Additional comments: none

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:52 pm
If ya want Yoai...I have several sugetions
Anime:

Sakushio
FAKE (the movie/ova)
Yami no Matsuie (can't remember how to spell it)  

shamaling

shamaling

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:54 pm
shamaling
If ya want Yoai...I have several sugetions
Anime:

Sakushio
FAKE (the movie/ova)
Yami no Matsuie (can't remember how to spell it)

MANGA:

FAKE

La esperanca  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:51 am
Sence someone already suggested the anime i was going to suggest DeathNote all i have left is a manga

Name: Threads of Time
Anime or Manga?: Manga
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen
Brief summary:The main Character Moon Bin is knocked into a coma during a swimming accident. While his orriganly body lies helpless in a hospital his sole is trust back in time to inhabbit the body of one of his past lives. Whare he is the sun of a chinese army general back when china has to worry about the Mongle hoards. To get back to his own body he must find away to avenge his current sisters death by the hands of the Mongles.

Additional comments: The Author Mi Young Noh depicts an awsome story with simpaly stunning art. If you dont beleave me check it out for your self.  

AnimPsm

thunderqueen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:14 pm
hmmm anime/manga......well there's:
Outlaw Star
Imadoki
Tenchi Muyo
Fruits Basket
wolf's rain
cresent moon
descendents of Darkness
......yeah that's about it until I can think of anything else.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:47 pm
Name: Suzumiya Haruhi no YĆ«utsu (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Anime or Manga?: Both the Manga and anime are just brilliant! >.<
Brief summary: Too lazy to post.. here's some sources i simply would've copied it from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6430
=']
Additional comments: Sorry if this has already been recommended.. it's really neat and the art is fantastic! Check it out sometime ^^

IHTFP

palindrome88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:43 am
Name: Honey and Clover
Anime or Manga?: Both
Brief summary: To put it simply, H&C is a slice-of-life romantic comedy about a group of poor college art students. Their victories and failures in school, life and love, all are shown in the anime with heartbreakingly clear realism. No one gets a fairy tale happy ending by default just for being a main character. That said, this isn't a sad anime. It has it moments that reduce me to a teary, blubbering mess, but it still has a positive note. Not everyone gets what they want or need, but they get enough to get by and be satisfied.
Additional comments: As a college freshman, I can relate a lot to some of the things that the characters go through; this anime has helped me through some rough times, which isn't something I can often say about any work of fiction, especially an anime. It impacted me more than I ever expected and has left it's mark in my heart. I highly, highly recommend it to anyone who has ever struggled to find their place in the world, or didn't know what to do with their life, or felt lost and afraid in daily life, or loved someone that didn't love them back, or couldn't love them back. So just about everyone. Try it, really. It's powerful, but fun too.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:38 am
Name: Gravitation
Anime or Manga?:Both
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.):Teen
Brief summary: The story surrounds the aspiring and energetic singer Shuichi Shindou, with his band, Bad Luck (formed with his best friend Hiro), wants to become Japan's next big thing, like his famous idol Ryuuichi Sakuma, lead singer of the disbanded legendary group Nittle Grasper. One evening, Shuichi is writing lyrics for a song when his paper is blown away by the wind and picked up by a tall blond man. The man dismisses Shuichi's hard work, which hurts Shuichi deeply, although he is intrigued by the stranger. This will be their first, but not last, encounter, as Shuichi will become fascinated by the stranger, who turns out to be a famous romance novelist, Eiri Yuki(Uesugi), and they will begin a relationship.

The story expands to include the beginnings of Bad Luck and their rise to fame, as well as their rivalry with the band ASK; the reformation of Shuichi's idol's band, Nittle Grasper; a long suffering fiancée of Eiri's who wants to finally marry him and serves as an enemy then an ally for Shuichi; the public scandal surrounding Eiri's and Shuichi's relationship; attempts by Eiri's inner circle to keep Shuichi away from Eiri in "Eiri's best interests"; and the secret of Eiri's painful past that he has trouble remembering and which is keeping him from giving in to his feelings for Shuichi.

As is typical in Japanese shonen-ai and yaoi, one character does all the chasing while the other keeps refusing or pushing them aside. However, in this case the tables are turned as it is the innocent Shuichi who is in pursuit of the reticent Eiri, as opposed to the usual setting of the more masculine character pursuing the more naive character.
(taken from wikpedia, cause im too lazy)

Additional comments: Shonen-ai, really cute,I absolutly love it. I don't usually like anime where the main focas is music, but this is an excpetion. Its one of those animes where you really begin to hate a character, Yuki is such a d**k, but he sorta gets better, sorta.

Rosabelle334

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50

Tamm-Horsfall

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:29 pm
FATE / Stay Night
Anime or Manga?: Anime (not sure if there's a manga of this)
Rating: Teen or older
Brief summary: In Fuyuki City, Japan, an epic struggle for the legendary Holy Grail is about to unfold. For centuries, magi have fought wars among themselves for the Holy Grail, believed to grant wishes to whoever possesses it. As the fifth Holy Grail War looms, seven sorcerers and their Servants - legendary warriors resurrected - converge on Fuyuki City for the ultimate battle royale.
Additional comments: Catch it on Animax! Visit the site of Animax to know more about the schedule.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:05 am
Name: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Anime or Manga?: Both
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): I think its rated R hehe
Brief summary:
The series is focused on a group of young friends and the strange events that occur in the village that they live in.
Additional comments:There's nothing much to say unless you see the series. If I explain I expose all the mysteries. As for the series, it is Comedy, Mystery and Horror. This is the first season, and season 2 needs still to be released. One will not understand quite easily what is happening in the story until one watches further to the end. And still, personally I haven't figured out everything yet and hope that season 2 will explain more. Well, I don't recommend it for young audiances since the anime is bloody and the method of thinking, and thrilling for young ones. No I mean it, not that I got scared but to warn others.

Neostus

Green Apple Pies

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:41 pm
Princess tutu
manga/amine
About a bird, that with a nacklase becoumes The Priness tutu. Who has to pretd a priness and who is the boy who she likes. But there is an evil who wants him, while she fights she fulls in love with her helper (I think it was his but I'm not shure...^^')  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:35 pm
Name: Phantasy Degree a.k.a. PhD

Anime or Manga?: Manga

Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): ... i have no clue im guess Teen

Brief summary: These ppl fight over legendary rings and sum are allies, main character special wizard w/ more than one personality ( its kinda like Yuna and Leene from FF )

Additional comments: ITS AWESOME I READ THE 9th ONE ... ( 1 tho 9 ) Friend got me addicted ... xD

Heavenly Paradise

Beloved Seeker

Kimiyo-Chan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:28 am
tiger of snow
I'm looking for a Manga selection that would be appropriate for an elementary school library. If you have anything in mind now that you really enjoyed, that is appropriate, I would really appreciate it if you would share! And maybe a small description of it if you can! ^_^ Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:41 pm
size=9]Name:Xyercies
Anime or Manga?: Lucky Star
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): teen
Brief summary:
Additional comments:  

ItsSkinz

punkprincess_87

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:04 pm
Anime or Manga?:Both
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.):T+ or T (I forgot)
Brief summary:Ranma Saotome is a 16-year old martial artist that is on a training mission in China when they come across a training ground, except this training ground is no ordinary training ground, its the Ground of Accursed Springs. When you fall into one of then, you can transform into something when you splash cold water onto them. Both Ranma and his father transform into something, Ranma a girl and Genma (Ranma's father) a panda. Genma takes Ranma to Japan where his friend, Soun Tendo resumes. Genma promised years ago to his old friend Soun that Ranma would marry one of his daughters. The time has come where Ranma has to pick between Soun's three daughters: Kasumi, 19, Nabiki, 17, and Akane, 16. Read the manga to find out who Ranma is paired with.
Additional comments:The book is awe-some. I give it a 10! ^^  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces