Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
The Liberal Democrats - &quot;The REAL Alternative?&quot; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be supporting the Liberal Democrats on May 5th?
Yes, I shall
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, I shall not
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I am STILL undecided with less than a week to go...
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:21 am
And what about the NHS? Do you not agree that it gives the more affluent benefits those less fortunate ddo not recieve? And do you not agree that that is an unfair society?  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:23 am
whapcapn
Invictus_88
whapcapn
And (sorry to make all these posts), why is so much of the Tories' election campaign based around slagging off Tony Blair? Everyone knows that he's pretty much a shithead, and doesn't really properly represent the values of the Labour party. New Labour is simply a mess. Old Labour is actually coherent. If I voted Labour (which I don't plan to do, not only because I can't vote), I woulnd't be voting for Blair as Prime Minister, I'd be voting for Brown in a few years time.
Actually, I'd like to see ken as Prime Minister...but that's not going to happen. I'm sure you all know who I mean.

Actually no. Too many stupids out there will just vote Blair of reflex because they are working class or chavs growing quite fond of their excessive benefits.

The point must continually be made the Blair lied to us, he spilt British blood over a lie. If we do not then he will just try to grin his way out if it again, the slippery b*****d.

Also, why would you vote Brown? Do you know anything about him beyond that he's a good Chancellor of the Exchequer?

I'm not arguing with you that Blair is a c**k. He doesn't represent the views of the real Labour party, as I said before. I may not be an expert on Brown ideals, but I know he's a good deal more liberal than Blair. Furthermore, Blair has announced that he will step down during this next term of service if he gets re-elected. Whatever happens, we won't see Blair as pm anymore after at most five years from now.
Besides, I'm getting sick of both Tory and Labour's highly negative campaigns. The Tory campaign revolves around the principle that Blair is a liar and needs getting rid of; and the Labour campaign recently went even worse, stooping to saying "if just one out of ten labour voters don't vote, Michael Howard becomes Prime Minister"

Charles Kennedy is completely right to have nothing to do with stooping to Tory and Labour levels. He has, in the last few days in my opinion, become increasingly more like a leader with real capabilities. Blair is now so scared of the rising Lib Dem vote, that he is visibly shaken by it. About time too.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:30 am
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Invictus_88
whapcapn
And (sorry to make all these posts), why is so much of the Tories' election campaign based around slagging off Tony Blair? Everyone knows that he's pretty much a shithead, and doesn't really properly represent the values of the Labour party. New Labour is simply a mess. Old Labour is actually coherent. If I voted Labour (which I don't plan to do, not only because I can't vote), I woulnd't be voting for Blair as Prime Minister, I'd be voting for Brown in a few years time.
Actually, I'd like to see ken as Prime Minister...but that's not going to happen. I'm sure you all know who I mean.

Actually no. Too many stupids out there will just vote Blair of reflex because they are working class or chavs growing quite fond of their excessive benefits.

The point must continually be made the Blair lied to us, he spilt British blood over a lie. If we do not then he will just try to grin his way out if it again, the slippery b*****d.

Also, why would you vote Brown? Do you know anything about him beyond that he's a good Chancellor of the Exchequer?

I'm not arguing with you that Blair is a c**k. He doesn't represent the views of the real Labour party, as I said before. I may not be an expert on Brown ideals, but I know he's a good deal more liberal than Blair. Furthermore, Blair has announced that he will step down during this next term of service if he gets re-elected. Whatever happens, we won't see Blair as pm anymore after at most five years from now.
Besides, I'm getting sick of both Tory and Labour's highly negative campaigns. The Tory campaign revolves around the principle that Blair is a liar and needs getting rid of; and the Labour campaign recently went even worse, stooping to saying "if just one out of ten labour voters don't vote, Michael Howard becomes Prime Minister"

Charles Kennedy is completely right to have nothing to do with stooping to Tory and Labour levels. He has, in the last few days in my opinion, become increasingly more like a leader with real capabilities. Blair is now so scared of the rising Lib Dem vote, that he is visibly shaken by it. About time too.

To be fair, he has had an easy time of it. Interviewers aren't nearly so critical of him, and Howard and Blair don't bother criticising him much either; they're too busy at one another's throats.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:35 am
Yes, however that is not necessarily a bad thing though, is it? wink  

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:37 am
Nebelstern

Well no; I'm just saying that the reason he appears to be more competenent as a leader is that he hasn't had so much hate aimed at him.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:39 am
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Well no; I'm just saying that the reason he appears to be more competenent as a leader is that he hasn't had so much hate aimed at him.

Yes...
Invictus seems to think that they are a 'cute' party. Well, all I can say is that I certainly don't find the Tories 'cute'.
3nodding  

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:17 am
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Yes...
Invictus seems to think that they are a 'cute' party. Well, all I can say is that I certainly don't find the Tories 'cute'.
3nodding

I don't think anyone does. At least, not anyone who isn't severly odd. (sorry, couldn't think of a stronger word.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:20 am
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Yes...
3nodding

I don't think anyone does. At least, not anyone who isn't severly odd. (sorry, couldn't think of a stronger word.)

Apart from Invictus that is...
There are no literary constraints here. Relax. Just don't become illegible, that's all. wink

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:22 am
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Yes...
3nodding

There are no literary constraints here. Relax. Just don't become illegible, that's all. wink

I was referring to the Tories, not LibDems.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:24 am
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Yes...
3nodding

I know. xd
Which is why I said Francis probably finds Micheal Howard cute. rolleyes

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:35 pm
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Yes...
3nodding

I know. xd
Which is why I said Francis probably finds Micheal Howard cute. rolleyes

Does he? That's really rather disturbing.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:37 pm
NEVER VOTE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT!!!!  

and_solo_said

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:52 pm
and_solo_said

I feel this isn't terribly effective campaigning. It gives the impression that you have to effective counter-arguments. Of course, I'm sure that this is in fact a misconception and that you have thought out very carefully all the strong and weak points of the policies of each party, finally reaching a considered decision. And I'm sure you have many infallible arguments to support said desicion that you just happened not to feel like posting at this particular juncture. I would expect nothing less from someone with such a highly developed sense of good judgment as you.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:54 pm
whapcapn
and_solo_said

I feel this isn't terribly effective campaigning. It gives the impression that you have to effective counter-arguments. Of course, I'm sure that this is in fact a misconception and that you have thought out very carefully all the strong and weak points of the policies of each party, finally reaching a considered decision. And I'm sure you have many infallible arguments to support said desicion that you just happened not to feel like posting at this particular juncture. I would expect nothing less from someone with such a highly developed sense of good judgment as you.

Actually I do, but whenever I point out that the conservatives have all the good points of the Liberals as well as a shot at winning, it just leads to attacks on Michael Howards personality  

and_solo_said

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:01 pm
I rather had the idea that this was to be a pro-liberalism thread. Meh. Im tired, I've been using meh too much already. So go have your negative campaigning. Good night.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games