Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What's the worst "cop-out" you've read? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Riosin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:08 pm
Oh here's a new one. A CCS fanfic- "The one where Syaoran rapes Touya out of his love for Sakura" and they even tried to pull it off as a het fic. 0o

'the ******** is up with that? I mean really...sense anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:20 pm
*cough-hack* WHAT?! Wtf?! That's... just... urgh...

And sadly reminds me of another fic that I read an MST of...

In that one, Tomoyo (or "Madison") had a crush on Sakura (so far fairly acurate, actually), until, low and behold, she finds out that Sakura is a girl! Because apparently, she thought Sakura was a boy this whole time. (Which makes PERFECT SENSE considering that she's been making "him" cute dresses and stuff, and that "he's" been wearing the girls school uniform)  

RionaDaidouji

tech_angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:15 am
I hate peoples sexual orentatin being justified by their species. Kurama and hiei are gay because most demons are gay. Or have a poor history knocoff. Its the time period. Lots of people from that age were gay.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:58 am
RionaDaidouji
Rainbow Phoenix
Haruka and Michiru (Amara and Michelle) are now cousins, whereas in Japan they were lesbians. That kind of changes everything. Sorry for getting off subject.

What I find funny about that is that it's still totaly obvious that they're a couple. So, now instead of lesbians, they have lesbians AND inscest. *rolls eyes*
rofl That hella true. Sadly I put off by that at first (being a kid I thought it was rather odd to be that close to your cousin) untill I found out there weren't cousins.

Dumb US dubbers.

Hey you know we are one of the few western nations that has yet aired SM Stars.

Backwards much?  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Rainbow Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:56 pm
Okay, I said something before, but just now I remembered the cop-out to trump whatever other thing I said.

I was reading a Naruto fanfic or something. Anyway, Sakura gets her hands on some sort of love potion. This love potion causes whoever drinks it to fall in love with the first person they see afterwards. Of course, she wants Sasuke to fall in love with her, so she tries it. She is able to make him drink it, but then Naruto gets in her way and Sasuke opens his eyes. Sakura says something like, "No, he wouldn't. That can't happen. They're both guys." And then Sasuke and Naruto start making out.

So the worst cop-out I've heard is love potions.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:37 am
You know what three words I absolutely HATE?

"Relieving Sexual Tension."

I see that explanation and I'm just like twitch... twitch... THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Honestly, if you're going to write a gay character, make his emotions something you'd see in the real world. And for the love of peace, if a canon character is straight, HE'S GODSDAMN STRAIGHT SO GET THE ******** OVER IT. Find some other character to slash, or learn to like het - it's really not so bad! Honestly!

@the CCS fic: What's he trying to DO? Give her a nosebleed or something?  

Lucca Ashtear

.Stupid.and.Contagious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:09 pm
Lol, I really hate stories where one line ruins the whole thing.
I can't remember what Naruto fic I was reading, but I wanted to read a lemon. scream It started out great and hawt and I was all like yay! whee whee whee

But... right when they were getting to the smex they had Naruto use his "Sexy Jutsu" or whatever because he didn't want to be uke. gonk

Dunno if that counts as a "Cop-out" but it sure ******** up the story. mad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:48 pm
I think I may have perpetrated this, now that I look back... in my Chrono Trigger fic. Please pardon my explanation of character relationships; the game is pretty obscure.

It's well-known that Frog(Glenn) and Magus can't stand each other, because Magus killed Cyrus and gave Glenn his current amphibious form. It's less popular to think that Glenn was madly in love with Cyrus, but in my fic, that is the case. It's also well-known that Magus is an arrogant jerkwad who would sooner die than apologize for anything, or at least, that's how he behaves. It's also well-known that Magus insults Frog(Glenn) with the epithet 'Sir Froggy' at one point in the game. And lastly, it's also well-known that even before turning into a frogman, Glenn had green hair. What I needed was a way to get Magus and Frog not to be at each others throats, so they could interact with civility and so Frog could help Magus with romantic troubles.

No, I'm not slashing Magus with Frog. That pairing makes the veins in my forehead twitch. I'm shipping Magus with Lucca, and Magus went to Frog in desperation for lessons in chivalry.

The thing is, my method for getting them not to kill each other... well, I REALLY expanded on the 'Sir Froggy' thing. I dictated that it had been an affectionate nickname Cyrus had for Glenn (based on the green hair), and that Magus's earlier taunt had been meant not as a mockery but as a demoralization, and Magus (out of sheer desperation because he's in love with Lucca, who hates him) goes out of his way to explain to Frog that he picked the Frog body as a memento, but it backfired and was painful instead, and that he really is sorry he had to kill Cyrus, but he really did have to...

I REALLY hope that's a good explanation and not a stupid one.  

Lucca Ashtear

Graceful crisis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:39 am
wahmbulance Sorry if I'm repeating anything wahmbulance "I knew I was gay . But why did I have to fall in love with X ?" gonk gonk Usually said by a straight bishie whom we have paired up with a guy ..  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:48 am
I've got one! How about the whole thing was nothing but a dream cop-out? I've read a few of these and its just sucks. I mean its like they're trying to make the pairing like it never happened. Oookaay, then why did you create it in the first place?

Its like your suddenly uncomfortable with what just happened, and now your trying to justify it by making it just a dream or fantasy. WTF!!!

EnvysLoveSlave

princessMeep

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:50 pm
RionaDaidouji
"Yes, a lot of wizards are gay, that's why there are so few of us."

xd Oh, that's just precious. It's totally and completely amazingly awesomely funny. I seriously can't stop laughing.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:14 am
*twitch* I can't stand Mpreg fics (Actually I usually just can't stand Mpreg. I can count the Mpreg fics I have liked on one hand.) that say that the pregnant guy's family is a long line of being-able-to-get-pregnant people or something. Worst cop-out eh-vah.  

Kitsune-chi

Soka Kurosaki

Shy Friend

9,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:27 pm
Kitsune-chi
*twitch* I can't stand Mpreg fics (Actually I usually just can't stand Mpreg. I can count the Mpreg fics I have liked on one hand.) that say that the pregnant guy's family is a long line of being-able-to-get-pregnant people or something. Worst cop-out eh-vah.
Yes, Mpreg just...scares me. Even more than incest. *shudder*

My big hate (I have a lot of them, but they've been mentioned) is when the the author just has their eyes meet, and they know it's twu wuv. And then on with the make out session (usually badly written, and not a lemon).

Another pet peeve is when the smecksy men in question find some baby/toddler orphan, and they discover their true feelings taking care of the kid together. >< Yeah, I'm so sure. 'Cause nothing fosters romance like a screaming kid.

I actually don't mind the dream thing, as long as it's well-written and steamy. biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:41 pm
I can't stand in a fanfiction when the author makes one character "overly-girly", to the point of crossdressing, and to the point of saying the character was -raised- to be a girl, when the character is clearly male. >__>; It's "guy on guy" not "guy on flat-chested girl"

I appoligize if this is not a correct "cop-out", I'm still rather vague on the term and Shiei isn't around to ask. ;;

`SteeF`

Montypythoniisss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:14 pm
Umm......Do you guys mean manga or fanfiction?
As for changing genders........it's sadly common in older anime.....Tekkoman (probaley misspelled that) Sailor Moon, that Clamp manga......Wish.....? (Well, the gender in that one was uncertain so they made it a girl....)  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff