Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red_Dragon000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:01 pm
Nuri <------

I was wondering if you could help me. I am getting into wicca. I am confused about it. I have done alot of reading but I am still lost. COuld you help me with my path? Sorry if this is the wrong thred for this.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:05 am
Quote:
What do you find most annoying about the Pagan Community?

The 'hippy' attitude. I've noticed that many pagan fluffbunnies and practically allergic to conflict of any kind. Or, rather, they are allergic to any conflict involving their religion. They have no problem spewing out 'contradictions' in the bible (courtesy of the ever annoying SAB), but if ('Goddess' forbid) anyone questions their nonsensical reality, they must be evil Christian oppressors in disguise! Oh, the horror.

Also, the Christian bashing that goes on, especially among wiccans, is downright absurd. And frankly, it just goes to show that 90% of wiccans are wiccan simply because they want to piss off their Christian parents.

Quote:
Are there any specific symbols that are sacred to you or that you hold close to you?

Yes, ZEE SIGN OF ZEE DEVIL!!!!ONEONEONE Or not. As an atheist, no, there isn't.
Quote:
What's one thing that you think the Pagan Community needs?

Sense. And they need to loose the persecution complexes, now. "Oh, no, my mom/dad totally freaked when I told them I was a witch, they must be EBIL XTIANS OMGODDESS LOLOLOLOLO." Get a clue, moron. Your parents are Christians, they were raised as Christians. First trying refering to yourself as a Wiccan, or pagan (although this is also a sensitive term, and I would advise being more specific), instead of a 'witch' (Calling yourself that is so obviously a ploy to piss them off it's sickening), and just say that you're 'experimenting.' Most of these 'EBIL XTIAN' parents wouldn't have a problem if you said you were becoming, say, Buddhist, and they won't have a problem if you'd stop specifically trying to scare them.  

Triste Morningstar

Jameta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:24 am
Nuri

August 21, 2004
Random Questions

Have you ever been confronted with a decision you had to make that conflicted with your spiritual beliefs? If so, what, and how did you deal with it?

...Other than some petty arguments, I cannot think of anythign major.

Nuri'][b]
What was your most spiritual moment?[/b][/quote]

As my brain can remember, combinging my old beliefs with new- I felt amazingly whole.

[quote="Nuri

Has there ever been a moment where you doubted the path you were on? If so, how did you deal with it?

After having an explosive argument with a few others (which was royaly stupid stressed ), I asked the higher powers to show me the way... The answer came back in a dream, and I was happy with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:49 am
Have you ever been confronted with a decision you had to make that conflicted with your spiritual beliefs? If so, what, and how did you deal with it?

Not really. My personal morals, my religous morals, and my situations I get into never really conflict. Tis the beauty of a religion that knows what life is like.

What was your most spiritual moment?
I've had so many, its hard to choose. When I bake bread, I honor Demeter, and its always quite an amazing feeling. And then there are those instances that come from no where, when music is playing and everything starts moving in slow motion, and warmth surrounds me. Those are beautiful.

Has there ever been a moment where you doubted the path you were on? If so, how did you deal with it?

Often, until I came to Hellenic Recon. Each time, I took the time to write out my doubts and answer where I wanted to go, what I needed to do, and what was really at the heart of my doubt. That provided me with a path to look down, to begin.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Jayden Kelvari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:24 am
Nuri
Yes, I have. I'm still dealing with the situation right now, which is why I'm looking into becoming Wiccan.
Nuri
There was one time that I had a friend online who was going through a very difficult time in life, and I prayed for that person every day.
Nuri
Yes. I tried to talk to other people who were of the same path, and I was met with the exact same situation all the way around. I am currently looking at leavingthat path, and joining this one.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:34 am
Do you enjoy having any type of music or sound during a ritual? If so, what?
I have a CD that has the sounds of the ocean and dolfines that I use for meditation. When I'm meditating with my friends we have a CD with drumming on it.

Do you have a favorite chant?
Um.... I'm still learning about Paganism so I don't have one yet.

What sound tends to move you spiritually the most?
I think the drumming cd......  

Aithnea Micheals

Mytyl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 pm
Quote:

Not that I can remember...

Quote:

My Reiki attunement. Basically it's a few short rituals that connect you to a sort of universal life force (which is what "Reiki" means, pretty much) and allow you to use it for healing. That was a few years ago... I've been wanting to get the second, but I don't know of anyone nearby who teaches.

Quote:

Absolutely. There's always the possibility that I'm wasting my entire life, but usually I don't dwell on it. When things come up that seem wrong, I'll usually meditate for a while on what's bugging me until I can straighten it out, or go do some research and adjust my opinions as necessary. I don't really think there's anything so integral to my picture of the world that discovering it was false would come as a huge blow.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:14 pm
mm, not really. Yay for eclecticism.

Two I can think off off the top of my head. When on vacation so San Francisco we went to Muir Woods one day and I could just feel the divine presence there so vividly. Also after taking my anthropology class fresmah year (and reading the Da Vinci Code, not that that's entirely relevant) I looked up the Nag Hammadi Library online and read a copy of The Thunder, Perfect Mind and had this moment of...clarity, and just utter joy that the concept of Goddess I devote myself to had been described to perfectly.

All the damn time. I often feel like none of what I do is "real" but that usually happens in periodic energy slumps...I research, I learn new things, by faith keeps evolving. it's a good feeling.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:33 pm

No, not that I know of anyway.....

Ah, I have so many intensely spiritual moments, especially recently, its so increddibly hard to pick one. I guess that my most spiritual moments though are probably when anyone of my guides appears to me while I'm still entirely here in this world, it reminds me just how connected we are and how loose the veil between this world and the astral really is. Though seeing my guides while being fully aware in this world isn't at all uncommon for me, its just seeing their actual presence never loses its meaning to me.

When I first began this path there were many times whe I questioned myself. I just stopped and asked myself all religions aside what do I really believe about the world around me? Then I would compare this with what I knew about my faith and I realized that my belief lined up. After that I just dedicated myself to more studying and reading. I really don't question myself any more or worry about it. I believe what I believe and I am as true to that as I know how to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:09 pm
I'm back, and now I'll finally get around to doing one of these things.

No, not yet at least.

Certain rituals and 'feelings' have been very special and memorable to me, but it's hard to decide on one most spiritual moment.

A month or so after getting into my religion, I was depressed after getting quite sick, and I went into that teenage "religion is crap" mode. For a week or so, my mind trashed the idea of religion in general. Then I was looking through my Pagan and Mesopotamian books, and I came to my senses and realized that I didn't come this far to trash my religion like every other depressed teen.  

Acid Faery

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:51 pm
August 28, 2004
Politics

Do you feel those with pagan beliefs should attempt to take more of a political stand?

Is paganism openly accepted where you are from? (city,town,state)

Given your beliefs, what's one thing that a political figure could promise to you about your path, that would convince you to vote for them?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:17 am
Nuri
August 28, 2004
Politics

Do you feel those with pagan beliefs should attempt to take more of a political stand?

Ye-e-s, and no.

Yes, because I think that politics mostly involve protecting your self-interests, and no, because I feel that religion should be a government non-issue.

Nuri

In my town, yes, to a degree. I live in a town that caters to the local college, and consists almost entirely of college students. In my state - hell no! It's Oklahoma! Home of Oral Roberts, "Bishop" Carlton Pierson, Kenneth Hagin, and a hundred other large evangelical churches.

Nuri
Given your beliefs, what's one thing that a political figure could promise to you about your path, that would convince you to vote for them?

A promise to leave religion out of government would gain my wholehearted support.  

Malachesque

Spirit Falconer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:29 am
Nuri

Yes and no. Yes, because if they don't, they will always be under-represented. No, because I think religion should stay as far away from politics as possible.

Nuri

Once again, yes and no. My city is relatively alright for those of pagan faith, though it is absolutely teeming with religious people, they tend not to bother pagans on the street. If you are a student, the other students are mostly accomadating.
I can't say about my state, though. I've never thought to observe the behavior of people towards pagans elsewhere in my state. We're generally pretty liberal, so I'm guessing it's fine.

Nuri

It would take many more things than one, but the most important would be to keep religion out of politics in every issue that arises.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:54 am
Not more than anybody else. It's a personal choice whether or not you want to get involved in politics. I don't think religion should have anything to do with it.

My town has a lot of new immigrants and different religions, so people tend to be pretty accepting of other religions, including paganism. I know a few obnoxious fundies who aren't very tolerant, but there are probably less of them than most towns. My province prides itself on being multicultural, multi-religious, and tolerant, and the people all over it are generally accepting.

I'm not old enough to vote. However, were I old enough, I wouldn't consider my religion a major factor in who I would vote for.  

Acid Faery

Oktapous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:49 pm
Nuri

Only if they feel it is needed. If their religious community is being wrongly accused or attacked because of their beliefs, then yes.

Nuri

Er...not really. I'm from a strongly southern baptist town and most people don't take too kindly to paganism. I think I've been called a heathen at least twelve times. People still treat me the same but when it comes to religion they get all iffy.

Nuri

Not old enough to vote yet nor do I feel the need to vote. Unless I feel strongly against/for a specific candidate, then I will do as I choose. If my decision is to vote, so be it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff