Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
AFI Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AzuKitsune

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:56 pm
A few of my friends are pissed at me for liking AFI ever since Decemberunderground >< They say that it was way to emo and that I should just shut the hell up >< Yeah they're not very nice to me as of late... ::sigh:: OH well, I still love AFI heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:15 pm
Never did like AFI.
They've got talent, though.  

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

Ravens_Legacy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:01 pm
AFI is the best band that ever walked this earth. They are not emo though, just wanted to point that out.

And as a side note: Decemberunderground was terrible, I cried when I saw the Miss Murder video... They need to go back to their days of The Art of Drowning and Black Sails.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:26 pm
Panic! with an emo
AFI freaking rocks i love em.

i like them, i love Love Like Winter  

evie x core

xxxcyberaddictxxx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:46 pm
Kymera_Master555

And as a side note: Decemberunderground was terrible, I cried when I saw the Miss Murder video... They need to go back to their days of The Art of Drowning and Black Sails.

Finally! Someone who agrees on me on that!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:00 pm
Cale412
Kymera_Master555

I also agree to this  

drkmtn

ariboy cruz 24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:27 pm
i heart AFI  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:50 pm
Yes, it's true... AFI is good... but MCR is WAY better in my opinion rolleyes  

cracked casket

Ravens_Legacy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:13 pm
DoS[CARLINE]
Cale412
Kymera_Master555

I also agree to this

I'm glad someone on this planet realizes that AFI was WAAAAAAY ******** better before Davey lost his voice and had to resort to learning main-stream screaming (decemberunderground) Although I guess thay really do deserve the money they're getting off their new shitty material from the preps, they've been working hard for 10 years without as much money as they deserve...I think their next album will be one hell of a comeback...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 pm
It doesnt matter to me, they are great no matter what they play. they were actually saying on an interview that the best songs they wrote didnt make it to decemberunderground, so they are planning to make a new album that will be similar to their former punk sound
<3

xX_Marth_Lowell_Xx

Iru Mistwalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:09 pm
haiad
they are good

bu im not as happy with there most rescent album as i would have hoped but it is still good
I agree their new album kind sucks sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:14 pm
AFI just isnt my thing.  

dorikin

Zeroh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:38 pm
[night mare]
Emotional Shinobi
AFI isn't emo. They said themselves, they're alternative rock. I watch IMF (the International Music Feed) and they had this feed on them for about 5 minutes and at the end Davey said:
"We are AFI. An alternative rock band."
Emo is altie.
Every band our sound that is a branch of something else ((emo=soft emotional punk which has been extended into something of a greater creature.))Altie is also when bands that were 'Punk rock ' back in the begining like 1976.
So pretty much everything that was rock in elvis/swing/hellbilly times is original rock n' roll. ending with bands like aerosmith.
Altie also means differnt.
Which would be most of the music the 'emo/punk/powerpunk/indie/raprocker' listen to today.
So now 'altie' is genre of music for genres of music.
and most music an 'emo' would listen to would be 'altie'.
Or emo-core.
Genres that aren't alt=Classic-Aerosmith.
metal-children of bodom.
black metal((kinda altie, has a gothic feel which would make it sorta 'altie'))-Marilyn Manson
Heavy metal-SlipKnot.

>.<
i just had to say something, that had been borthering me.

Erm... Marilyn Manson is industrial, and I think Children of Bodom is heavier than just 'metal'.

By the way, I love your sig [the monster XD] and I'm tempted to steal it, but I won't. :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:30 pm
|A|F|I| = my anti-drug

I love all of all of their songs. Some people are "angry" because their style hasn't remained at a complete stand-still for the past decade. What do people like that want with them, anyway? >.>

They have such an unusual sound. I just can't put my finger on it. And their music isn't just the boring three-chord riffs; it has life. Someone that has played guitar for five months understands how boring playing three chords over and over can get. v_v

I'll always love anything that AFI puts out there because I change, just like them. <3

victorian doll

chickajasmine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:06 am
AFI is awsome,i love that band heart heart heart  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games