Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Coming out about Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadow_halo95

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:24 pm
ok none of my friends or family know accept for one of my friends and when i told him he just look at me and said " is that all" so he dosen't care so its cool with him but when i told my uncle he look at me with disgust and said "gross" and we talk for like ten mins about when i found out and stuff like that but he finally accepts me being gay but he still tell me to get a gf sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:27 pm
ok i just told my sister and aunt (also my uncle and aunt are 14 and 15) anyway when i told them sis and anut they looked at me and starting to laugh
then the started to ask me who i thought was hot on naruto and inuyasha and laughing at while they said it they tease me alittle about it but they don't mind me being gay 3nodding so iam starting to let ppl know that i like yaoi but i don't want my dad to know cuz he is homophobic but i know my mon won't mind  

shadow_halo95

ianthine

Dapper Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:34 pm
I'm not extremely open about liking yaoi. My parent's don't know, and I don't intend for them ever to find out. My sister knows, and thinks I'm a pervert. My cousins know, and they just think I'm weird. D:

Very many of my friends like it too though, so they don't care if I like it or not. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:43 am
I've been a fan of yaoi for at east a month and haven't told any body, not even my family or closest friends. Recently, i got The Sims: Deluxe Edition and I keep making yaoi couples. I told my mom that she was like "Why are you into gay guys?" I lied and i thought it was funny. I don't think she believed me though. I can't imagine what would happen if they found out. They'd probably think I'm gay (or at least bi) and cut off all anime and internet completely. crying Life is so cruel.  

loves2writeanddraw4life

Garnet233

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:32 am
When I started liking yaoi, I kept it strictly to myself and wouldn't tell a soul aside from myself wink . I started to like it a few years back..I found it in a fanart, then I saw a nice fan-fiction on it...I had heard people talking about this thing called yaoi, so I decided to check it out...Who knew XD

After that I didn't look or read anything yaoi related for a long time.

Then I came across a yaoi picture and realized that I still liked it so, I figured there was just no sense in not looking at it XD

Anywho, now...I only share the information with people that I know like it too. I don't bother trying to tell people that I know are adverse to the topic. There's just not much point..

Family- I doubt I'd ever mention it to them. Though, I'm sure my mom knows because I have a picture of SanzoxGojyo fanart from Saiyuki big as life in my room smile hehe.. Though, it's pencil sketch, so you'd have to take a really close look...My mom asked once about the pictures, I told her everyone's name and whatever and when I came to that picture I said "Thats Gojyo and...his friend." AHAHA...I couldn't bring myself to say it was him kissing another man XD I have told my mom what Yaoi and Shounen-Ai actually means. Her response was something like "Oh..." and I believe she said something that would lead me to believe she wasn't all for it XD

So, I suppose I'm still a bit shy about it, but other people know I like it even if it's only a few...Since only a few of my friends like yaoi. And of course none of them are guys sad I need to get a guy friend that like yaoi, that would be so great!!

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:01 pm
Ok my mom might, if she does she doesn't care. My dad, I have no clue. I know he doesn't know, but I'm not sure of this reaction if I told him. My bro and his closest friend found out and don't care. They teased me some, nothing mean or hateful though. My friends have no clue. Alot people around here are homophobic and stuff. I'm thinking about telling my closest friend, she's pretty open mind.  

Silver-Lover

V e r i t y

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:11 pm
My parents don't know, yet I think my brother might. None of my friends know that I like yaoi, but when I brought it up, my friend looked at me funny. ._.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:25 am
Wow i always been into anime and stuff but, i just got into hentai and all it's glory just last year when i finally came to terms with mysself that i was bisesual and to accept that.

I would not dare tell my parents, they prob be all weirded out for a while then the reall toruture would come and keep messing around with me about my sexuality.  

Canceil

Collateral Pie Damage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 am
I'm very open with the fact I love yaoi((yuri too)).
All my friends know, as well as my parents ((my sis loves it as much as I do)), and a few other family members.
When I was first getting into it, I had gotten a FAKE manga for christmas, so I bought it to my aunt's house to read. When I had it down on the table, my Gram took it and was looking through it and screamed out "MARGRET!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DAUGHTER'S READIN >O ?!?!?"
and I cracked up xD <3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:08 am
[♥] [ Lets get these teen hearts beating ] [♥]

-----

My parents don't care what the heck I watch.
Well really...they don't have much interest.

My brother saw me watching something or another the other day...

Him :: They're Gay!? (He is 11).

Me :: rolleyes Nahh.

Him :: Oh. Okay! -shrugs and walks off-

Nothing is taken seriously in my family.

My mum ends up cracking up into fits of laughter with me and my brother. My dad is really the only one that can take things seriously for long.

-----

[♥] Faster, Faster [♥]

[.S.t.a.r.f.i.r.e.]

C h i p p y

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:53 pm
I am still pretty much in the closet. I have told some of my friends... and no family memebrs know. Any time i wanna look at yaoi pics i have to lock myself away and sneak it. I think my older sister knows... cause i always tell her how much i LOVE graviation. Mabye one day I can tell my mom and dad I like looking at pixtures of boys making out?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:18 pm
It doesn't come up as a topic of conversation much, but when it does, I don't hide it.

It was also kinda obvious when my friends (mostly straight males, lol) and I were watching X, and they saw my face change so drastically with all the suggestiveness that's in that series...  

Lucca Ashtear

elfeyes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:26 pm
It was a friend that got me into Shounen ai/Yaoi and I think most of them know, and I think my mom and step-dad and brother know. I will not tell my sister but thats because I already have problums with her. Those of my friends that don't know are blind because I was not shy about it or are not that close and don't matter. It does not bother them.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:51 pm
My friends dragged me into the world of yaoi, so no protests there.

I see no reason my parents need to know about it until I leave the house. If they don't ask, I don't really need to tell. I don't go around with an I Love Yaoi shirt on (although I do have pretty button that says the same thing), so there's nothing blatant for them to ask about.

I did expect my mother to be suspicious when she picked up a copy of FAKE from the library for me, but nothing happened. It was laughable.

Calliope Della Corte

susayas

Sparkly Vampire

12,200 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:16 am
No way in hell am I telling my family.

I'd get a two hour lecture on how I should 'focus on schoolwork more'

Only two of my friends and my anime club's head exec know that I like BL. I suspect more will find out when they see me with a maniacal grin on my face if our exec shows either Sukisyo, X/1999 or Tokyo Babylon or if I'm reading one of the aforementioned CLAMP works or Juvenile Orion.

I've had close calls with my brother though. >> I was watching an AMV and there was Shuichi and Yuki kissing...I'm just like, 'Ack! Pause!' and he's just like, 'Is that(Shuichi) a girl?' Me: "How am I supposed to know? I haven't watched it!' I fibbed a little there. >>

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff