Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Social] Homophobia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DiruDiru-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:10 pm
Gosh...Homophobia sucks..ALOT. It's really mean and it just shows how people react to things that they don't understand. All my friends accept me and they actually help me find girls (HAHA!). However, something happened to me that made me understand how mean people can be. I wear these rainbow bracelets and this rainbow ring, well used to wear it. And I was coming home from school. This random man continues to follow me and asks me," Do you know what those colors represent?" And I'm like, "What..? O_O" And he says,"It represents the rainbow. You shouldn't wear those colors. God doesn't like that." And I'm like," Uh-huh. -.-;;" And he follows me till I reach my block, lecturing me about how it's wrong. He asked me if I was a homosexual and I lied and said no. But I think I should've just ignored him...It sucks how people take so much time trying to hurt other people and they don't take enough time to realize that what they're doing is wrong...*sighs*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:50 am
dino_crystal
Hey.

I don't get pplthat have a problem wid gay people. Right for example at my work place, this guy hates me an still does. I asked him what the hell is wrng and he starts saying all this like harsh gay abusive names... then he said he didn't trust me.... lol. I just turned around and when, yeah mate, not interested in u. You aint good looking.
lol.

So i was wondering, does anyone else get this rubbish from other ppl?
Technical terms for these people is callied "Being an a**" Or Two scared to accept diffrent things =/  

Enyaron

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:03 am
xD Well dear, straight men tend to use homosexual men to flatter themselves terribly. They think that they are so sexy and attractive that gay men will hit on them. It's hilarious... my little brother for example, thinks that my buddy Zander is after his a**. And I'm like LOL, as if, he hates your guts and so do I.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:55 am
I hate homophobes their such dicks there are tons of them where I live and their just horrible.  

lmadmacks

Whispyfox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:33 am
When they "chose" to be straight, they should have known that not everyone would make that same choice. They also should know how many child molesters are straight and how many straight people have AIDS. I mean, all the problems with their "lifestyle choice" and they criticize others'?

Just kidding, I know nobody chooses anything, I'm just sick of people saying that gay people are aids-ridden child molesters who choose to be gay.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:17 pm
Ugh, homophobia is such a pain.
I go to an all-girls school, it's rather amusing to see the way things work. Now, if I were to make it known I'm bi, there'd probably be bad feeling towards me. And if I were to talk strongly about my feelings on the matter, then people would think me stranger than I already am.
There's quite a bit of homophobia vaguely persisting around the place, (Ireland, m'dear, is quite a conservatively valued country, in my opinion) but it's hilarious to see the mad half flirting that goes on. And it wan't entirely unusual to see one of the girls in the older years closely sitting on another's lap.
But talk about sexuality, and woah, homophobic comments.
I was talking about how JK Rowling said Dumbeldore was gay in art class to the other girls on my table, and both of them basically said "Ew! Oh my god! I thought he was wise!" I just sighed and got on with my project.

What a mess.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

Kaiju Koi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:25 pm
Yes indeed.

People at my school are mostly religious, so when conversation comes up, it's always how gross and disgusting we are and how we should burn in hell, etc.

Of course I've heard the same thing from yaoi fangirls too. To quote one: "God bless gays. Except lesbians."

It's everywhere, even in my own family.
Something you just have to kind of deal with.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:15 am
Homphobic people make me so mad. There's this idiot I have to sit next to in history. According to him I have a crush on the boy who sits in front of me (okay, so I did in year seven, but that's not important...), however, I'm also a lesbian who's going out with my best friend. Yeah, he's such an idiot he can't keep to his own story... rolleyes
Thankfully, my mum and most of her side of the family aren't homphobic (my dad's side probably isn't either, but I bet my dad is), my cousin and my mum have gay friends, and they're all Catholic.
Most of the people at my school are alright with people different to them, apart from the idiots who throw food at the people in the goth corner of the yard. One of the girls in my half of the year is openly bi, and one of the guys in the other half is assumed to be gay by everyone. Nobody seems to care, but some of the guys in my form were arguing with one of the girls about homosexuality, in R.E., I think it's needless to say which sides they were on...

Edit

I really hate it when people use 'gay' as an insult, or to describe something bad.  

Honourable123

mikado13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:19 am
dino_crystal
Hey.

I don't get pplthat have a problem wid gay people. Right for example at my work place, this guy hates me an still does. I asked him what the hell is wrng and he starts saying all this like harsh gay abusive names... then he said he didn't trust me.... lol. I just turned around and when, yeah mate, not interested in u. You aint good looking.
lol.

So i was wondering, does anyone else get this rubbish from other ppl?

yeah, but only from this kid Patrick. He was fine when I told him (I think he expected) but a few days later he started gay basing me and all this stuff, I was like WTF? Then the other day He HAD to walk right be hind me to get to his friend and started yelling at me to move. When I didn't he grabed my arm and pushed me. The yelled at me not to touch HIM. I mean he's the one who wouldn't let go of my arm!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:23 pm
I hate to unnecessarily post inflammitory material for the topic at hand, but... Well, I wandered across a rather intolerant comic on the internet. Ah, I believe this may irritate people:
Anti-homosexuality comic for children.

I can't really say anything except that... That makes me rather sad.
Seems a little like indoctrination, too. D:  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

Lenre Li
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:22 pm
Lady Gyrfalcon
I hate to unnecessarily post inflammitory material for the topic at hand, but... Well, I wandered across a rather intolerant comic on the internet. Ah, I believe this may irritate people:

That's really funny! xd Hahah. And God's all-loving, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:04 pm
Lenre Li
Lady Gyrfalcon

Aa. I don't know, my reaction was- :/ *headdesk.*
And Susy is just a teensy bit creepy.
I got bored, and looked up the section on the website that had "Books for Teens." One of them, which is a guidebook on how not to go to hell, has a chapter about the evils of "Dungeon and Dragons." XDD Apparently, it allows demons to possess young people's bodies.

Okaaaay, I'm going a little bit off topic here. :/ But the whole thing gave me the heebie-jeebies mostly because I'm almost 98% sure that a friend of my parents who became a born again Christian would express similar sentiments.

Mmhm, forgiveness.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

Lenre Li
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:23 pm
Lady Gyrfalcon
Lenre Li
Lady Gyrfalcon

Aa. I don't know, my reaction was- :/ *headdesk.*
And Susy is just a teensy bit creepy.
I got bored, and looked up the section on the website that had "Books for Teens." One of them, which is a guidebook on how not to go to hell, has a chapter about the evils of "Dungeon and Dragons." XDD Apparently, it allows demons to possess young people's bodies.

Okaaaay, I'm going a little bit off topic here. :/ But the whole thing gave me the heebie-jeebies mostly because I'm almost 98% sure that a friend of my parents who became a born again Christian would express similar sentiments.

Mmhm, forgiveness.

Dude, the comics in general are creepy! rolleyes

Heheh. I'd rather stay in hell with some fangirls and gays/lesbians, thanks! mrgreen

I'd just say, 'that your opinion, but it's not mine. We're allowed free thought, are we not?' xd

Mmmm, flames of hellll... *drools* X3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:27 pm
Lady Gyrfalcon

Wow... The little Jewish girl reads that and laughs. How do they know Suzy isn't the devil? She looks like one.

Quote:
Join the Crusaders as they meet a man who tells us how Satan is attacking the church, through spells, astrology, occultic jewelry and rock music.

Why does that sound more like a joke than it's supposed to?

By the way, I want on of those cute little devil things. Do you have to be a guy to get one?  

Dark Silver Hawk

Beloved Seeker

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:58 am
@Lenre Li:Indeed.

Oh, absolutely. And then I'd go wandering off on a quest to find Oscar Wilde (from what they're saying, he HAS to be there) and bother him for witticisms or something. Why is it that whenever there's something like heaven or hell, you can almost guarantee the most interesting people will not be passing the pearly gates? XDD

Here's the scary thing. He came over for dinner not too long ago. I was reading or something, but when I looked at the kitchen table after he left, there was one of the little comic leaflet things from exactly the publisher of the one we're kind of discussing. But not that one, or I would have declared a state of conspiracy and gone insane or something.

@Dark Silver Hawk: Actually, it reminds me of some tongue in cheek joke from Good Omens or something similar. Weird...  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff