Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Does your parents want you to get straight A's? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you pushed or forced to get good grades?
  yes?
  no?
View Results

boykevin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:09 pm
yeah my parents do i dont like it though its just tat some homework i dont get adn stuff liek tat  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:48 pm
Not exactly, they don't push me to get straight A's, but they push me to work hard in my studies so I can get a good paying job...bah.  

EnviousTragedy

asianska104

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:45 pm
yeah my parents force me to get good grades...i thought it was an asian thing razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:46 pm
yeah my mom hit me just for getting straight Bs  

CrAzy_DaWg_56

shadowangel613

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:52 pm
asianska104
yeah my parents force me to get good grades...i thought it was an asian thing razz

asian parents expect so much from the kids.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:15 pm
Well, my mom dosn't care really. I know she sounds like a bad parent but not at all. She only cares if I fail the year. I care more about my grades than her. Just hang in there I know it's hard 3nodding !  

kewl_llama

shadowangel613

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:07 pm
kewl_llama
Well, my mom dosn't care really. I know she sounds like a bad parent but not at all. She only cares if I fail the year. I care more about my grades than her. Just hang in there I know it's hard 3nodding !

i wish my parents were more like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:57 pm
well they dont really push me to get straight a's; but if i dont do well in a certain subject or test, they dont like get mad. they just say learn from it to do better.  

marakida

hana~hime~chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:52 pm
my parents work me to the bone to have straight A's it's annoys me especially on projects and essays they keep nagging  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:14 pm
My parents force me to get straight A+'s only... = It's complicated! If I get only a's or a-'s, I get punished... -.- sad... -sigh-  

XiaolinGrl94

ForEveR_LuSt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:24 pm
Why is it that asian parents are so strick and other parents are so easy going like my parents say you're lazy you can do better when other people say you tried your best and thats good enough....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:17 am
An 89% is like a failing grade.

chicory-dock

Zoneku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:18 am
nope..my parent doesn't really push me..my mom just wants me to do my best..she stopped pushing me since 7th grade i guess..i get As and -As so it's really fine..and my mom dont mind if i get below that either since she knows im doing my best blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:44 am
XShadowMistressX
I don't think it's fair to say that's it's not fair that your parents want you to get straight A's. Of course they want you to; it's good for your future, etc. My parents push academics a lot, and my brother's GPA is like a 4.7/4.8 or something, so that adds a lot to pressure.

I get relatively good grades, usually all A's and 1 B. The B's always make me really mad because they're ususally B+'s. I loathe B+'s.

that's true. but my parents are FOBS so i guess that's why. But i do pretty good in school, getting As sumtimes Cs. But my parents understand if I do bad once in awhile, mainly 'cause they have seen me have a nervous breakdown for getting excellent grades and being a lowlife.

I hate it when my parents start comparing me with their other asian friends who also have children my age and they get higher grades than me or some type of scholarship. That pisses me off alot and my parents say they arent comparing me, they are just TALKING ABOUT IT. whatever...  

dynamitechick

Evil - Pastry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:47 am
Well...they think it's okay to get a B, as long as it's not continuous.

Mainly, I want to get straight A's (not pressured by anyone). B's to me are

like average...and C's are like failing...  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff