Both!
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

Dust Dancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:26 am
99luftbalons
99luftbalons

You really can't compare the two, as they have incredibly different personal objectives.
Data wants to feel human emotion.
Spock seeks to purge himself of all emotion.

Plus, I submit the following fact:
I have two arms.
This, I say, is room enough for both of them.

logically insane

Agreed. I think the thing that unites them is that rare occurrence when they do feel emotion.

But Imma have to go Data. I just love child-like emotion-wanting robots :^)

(<3 Bludeau)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:29 am
Data, but just barely..... Spock was a good character that remained underdeveloped for years. Actually, only in the Next Generation did Spock become the character I thought he was destined to be.  

Matt Pniewski

ranch_and_potatos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:34 pm
spock for looks and voice data for logic and childlike personality  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:56 am
Spock!
I think the major difference is that Data wishes to be more human and Spock wishes to hide any humanity he has. I don't understand why a machine would be around humans and see their drama and weaknesses and want to be like that.  

Dedale

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:14 am
3P0N1N3
Spock!
I think the major difference is that Data wishes to be more human and Spock wishes to hide any humanity he has. I don't understand why a machine would be around humans and see their drama and weaknesses and want to be like that.

I don't see Spock as "hiding" his humanity as trying to control it.... Vulcans feel the same emotions as humans, but with a complete emotional control.

Data has never experienced that at all, which is why he longs for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:39 am
I love them both so MUCH. Data is adorable in his 'innocence' and pinochio complecx. But Spock is adorable, perhaps hot, in his quiet sort of commanding way. And the intelligence of those two.  

Lavendar L.

ThisIsNotaTroll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:12 pm
Spock for the win!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:06 am
Data's cool, but I'd have to say Spock.  

Rainbow-potato
Crew

Hygienic Fairy

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:35 am
In my opinion it will be Spock. I understand that Data can be a really interesting character (and quite the opposite of Spock in a certain way) but Spock is a character that ends up being alot more profound than Data (even if he tries to deny emotions) and his way to deal with the world around him and all the adversities that might cross is way is amazing (not to mention his relationship with Kirk and McCoy). Spock is simply "fascinating".  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:19 pm
while i love the episode with datas emotion chip

i still find that i prefer spock

he's just so hott whee  

ghostchildiv

Lucky Nerd

17,600 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

piper_lovegood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:59 am
Spock...only because I've seen more of him Data's great from what I've seenof them  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:15 am
TOS ALWAYS pwns TNG, so Spock.  

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

Miss_Nel

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:41 pm
DATA!
I love a man who is fully functional. XD

I wanna cuddle him.
I do not want to cuddle Spock. =P  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:29 pm
wow spock or data....thats such a hard decision because both are so likeable..but i think spock would be better conversation wise. data gets really wordy even though he has appeal.
i dont believe these characters are underdeveloped in fact thier developed perfectly. you get a small glimsp inside thier head but its screened just enough to leave a "air of mystery" its quite enjoyable  

filigree hummingbird

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:47 pm
Matt Pniewski
3P0N1N3
Spock!

I don't see Spock as "hiding" his humanity as trying to control it.... Vulcans feel the same emotions as humans, but with a complete emotional control.

Data has never experienced that at all, which is why he longs for it.

Spock defiantly for me. I can't watch the next generation because I have problems with Riker and Picard so I don't really know Data that well.....

I concur with Matt, I don't see Spock as "hiding" his humanity I see it as the Yin Yang effect where there complementary opposites within a greater whole. As the shows progressed you could see it becoming more apparent.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff