Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Cornelia Funke(did you know she's german?O.o) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whick book do you prefer
  inkheart
  inkspell
  thief lord
  dragon rider
  ....GIMME GOLD!
View Results

astrum202

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:26 pm
ok I think Inkheart is coming out next winter. emphasis on think. I adore Theif Lord and Ink heart/spell. Theif Lord is my ultimate fav though because the magic seems more real. I think the charecters do to. As for Dragonrider... confused it was ok at best. The plot pretty much never took even one turn. It seemed sort of childish. Other than that her books are awesome.
p.s. yea I knew she was German though I thought she was Italian for some time  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:33 pm
I read and loved Thief Lord and Inkheart, but I couldn't pull my soul through Dragon Rider or Inkspell.  

The Vorpal Tom

Pamyl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:04 pm
I just finished Inkheart this morning, its SO good! I'm going to find Inkspell/Thief Lord/Dragon Rider the next time i get to a library biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:48 pm
Seriously find every one of those books EXCEPT dragonrider. Seriously it was not that good. See my post abpve fpr details.  

astrum202

Psychomech

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:40 pm
    I've read Inkspell and Inkheart. Actually, I rented Inkheart from the library, then since Inkspell wasn't in, I went out and bought it. So, I have it, and a copy of Thief Lord that lacks a dust cover, though I haven't read it yet.

As a side note, we have a set of Inkheart and Inkspell in hard cover at my bookshop, together for sixteen dollars. I was thinking of buying them, but I already own Inkspell in oversized paperback, and I didn't enjoy the books enough to buy them again. Oh, and we get in Thief Lord often, and since my main section is the young adults section, I'm the one who gets to see it. So, if anybody decides they trust me enough to send it to them... xD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:35 pm
U havn't read Theif Lord yet? It's great. The movie is supposed to be crap but still read it just for fun. The charecter's personalities are very intriging  

astrum202

mylittleshadow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:44 am
Loved Inkheart and Inkspell and am very much looking forward to the sequel.

Thief Lord was entertaining, but the fantasy element came out of nowhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:07 am
I got curious and went looking. Looks like Inkdeath comes out in audio in September of next year and hardback in October of the same.  

Bookwyrme

Psychomech

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:15 pm
    I haven't read Thief Lord, no. I work in a book shop, after all, and I get normal sized paperbacks for free, so I've always got something to read, and other things tend to end up taking priority. I'm still working on reading the Vicki Nelson books, so I'll probably end up reading Thief Lord when I'm eighty. I'm currently on the prowl for The Druid's Tune, by O.R. Melling.

I think my favorite part of the Ink series was the fact that the family-thing had a whole bunch of books laying around all the time. It was cute, and it sorta made me wanna do the same. xD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:19 pm
ooooh InkDeath. Sounds kewl!  

astrum202

murphyad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:21 am
Love her books and Inkheart is going to be a movie  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:00 pm
Yup, I knew that she was/is German. I love her books. Did you know that inkheart is turning into a movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494238/

When she wrote Mo's charector she was writing it in the fashion of Brendon Fraser, and she got him to play the part!  

Super Sexy Goldfish

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:58 pm
The Theif Lord was wonderful, Dragon Rider was horrible, and the Inks were decent. I was pretty impressed with how selfless Dustfinger was at the end of Inkspell. I didn't think the movie version of Theif Lord was awful; the only MAJOR difference was that in the film Ida has a larger role than what she was given in the books.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:06 pm
I adore Inkheart and Inkspell!
I want to read Inkdeath, but its only out in trade paperback so far, which I hate! So I'll have to wait like, a year before I read it. All because I have to be dumb and picky!

Yeah, I knew she was German. So..?

Thief Lord is one of those books that sit on the shelf of my local bookshop, tempting me, but I never buy it. Why? I don't know.
I prioritise too much when it comes to books.

I'll need to reread them before I continue on anyway. I can remember hardly anything from the first two books!

Foolish Catalyst

Mara Jade Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:49 pm
I'm currently reading Inkdeath which is great so far. I love the way she has quotes at the beginning of each chapter. It is so obvious that she's well-read. I don't know what everyone thinks is so bad about Dragon Rider because I loved that book! heart  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff