Reply Extended Discussion
Could you pull the trigger... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LostWithin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:59 am
If I didnĀ“t have to worry about being sent to jail I really think I could. But not some random person. It would have to be someone I really hate. But if I one day had that option I would probably beat them very bad instead. Death would be to easy..  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:06 am
[Nope. Wouldn't be able to, unless they wanted to die]
[I could beat someone bloody, but I couldn't kill 'em]
[I doubt many people could.]

Genica Pussywillow

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:10 am
DR490N
long answer short: the world is overpopulated. if someone deserves to die i will kill them without remorse.

[But what constitutes deserving to die?]
[And, why do you get to decide that they need to die?]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:06 pm
i get to decide because i'm holding the weapon. what makes them deserve to die? well a multitude of things would, rape being the most prominent. i'm also in favor of killing those who are born with mental or physical deformations to preserve a superior genetic line, as well as in favor of selective breeding.  

DR490N

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:21 am
DR490N
i get to decide because i'm holding the weapon. what makes them deserve to die? well a multitude of things would, rape being the most prominent. i'm also in favor of killing those who are born with mental or physical deformations to preserve a superior genetic line, as well as in favor of selective breeding.

Keep in mind that many of the people on this board have mental illnesses or physical disabilities. We'd like the guild to remain a safe haven for them to discuss their views without feeling threatened or insulted. Discrimination of any kind will NOT be tolerated here.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:49 am
DR490N

Along that line i could propose we kill all people whose IQ does not meet certain standards. Or any of a dozen other things that would rule you out, or indeed anyone in the world.

Selective breeding or killing the "inferior" is just dumb.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:47 am
DR490N

Well, as a member of the "mental or physical deformations" gang, I find that extremely amusing. I'm asthmatic, not the "oh, I feel wheeze a little today because it's nippy" the "I'm-gonna-kick-your-a**" type, and have narrowly avoided death from it, I also have mild bi-polarity, so from your defination I shouldn't be able to breed. Thanks.

I also have to say it's complete bull, it is impossible to eliminate physical and mental problems from any kind of species, simply because of the way evolution works. Evolution is just a series of mutations, sometimes it throws out good things, sometimes bad, but it's simply nature and there will always be problems, no matter if the parents are completely healthy intelligent mentally balanced humans.

Physical malformations are completely inhireditary, and no subsequent children from that person will ever have the same deformities. They are developed in the womb. They are not genetic. Therefore inhereditary.

Mental problems are chemical imbalances, and yes, while being hereditary are for the most part benign. Anyway, just consider most of the greatest minds, most had some from of excentricity (which were most likely down to some form of mild mental illness), Bipolarity, for example has times of extreme creativity and regularly people that are manic-depressive are also accomplised in some form of arts.

Y'know, someone else had ideas like that, I believe his name was Schicklgruber, and look what he did, he had a concept of a 'suprior' race and even created the basis of starting this 'superior' race, but, darn it, with all the mass murder he has become inextricibly linked with that other concept of 'evil'.

Good luck with creating your race of super humans, go team!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:23 pm
There are other threads that discuss the rigours of mental illness or physical disability. I'd like to pull this one back to the original topic.

I have absolutely no doubt that I could kill someone. It isn't something I'd brag about, nor am I likely to do it, but under rare circumstances it's possible.

I know it because someone threatened my dog. Now, I've got an overactive motherly instinct toward this dog. Silly as it may sound, he was deeply depressed as a puppy and I helped him out of it. He also saved my life once while we were hiking. He's more clever and sweet than a lot of people I know.

The very idea that someone might pummel him had me in a mad rage. If they connected, I was going to claw their eyes out. I'm glad they didn't, because I don't like to think what I would have done.

I don't think I'm capable of premeditated murder ā€” not in any situation I can forsee. I'm not even sure if I'd strike out at someone in self defense. But if anyone threatens the lives of people I love and feel responsible for? That's when reason fails and ******** takes over.  

Veruniel
Crew

6shattered6chandelier6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:53 pm
:...There are worse things...:

If and only if I absolutely had to. I deplore bloodshed no matter how much I joke about it.

:...Than a shattered chandelier...:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:04 pm
The scary part is yes under the right circumstances I could. Even after having someone I knew for a short time die. For me a sword would be prefered. A gun is just posses to much power. If you have ever picked up a gun you would know what i mean.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:50 pm
I joke about killing people all the time. I have since I was just a little kid. When I was 12 or so my nickname was 'Terminator' or 'Killer'. It's a common thing for one of my friends to threaten someone with 'sicing me on them'. But I never actually thought I could do it until a year or so ago when I had the revalation that I actually could do it under the right circumstances. I hate to say it but it's a bit empowering to know that I could do it, since I know that if I had to kill someone to defend myself, I would be able to.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:16 am
As of right now, I don't know. It would depend.

However, one summer when I was watching my younger future step brother, (he's about 11 now. I'm 18 ) he was playing outside with a friend and I was inside. Well, I happen to look out the window and notice they're not in sight and being the paranoid person I am, I panic a little. So, my reaction to this was to grab an ink pen and hide it under my sleeve. (They were a bit long.) I can honestly say (at the time), had I found him being dragged away by some *****, I'd have used it to rip the ***** throat out. Thankfully, after scanning the area I saw they were really far up the street.  

TheWitchGotRobin

ketchakik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:28 am
pull the trigger maybe....
but i know that i could if need be take a life with my sword..
i've traind for ten plus years with it....
and one thing i realized very early on...a sword exists for one thing only, to take lives...
i had to accept that to really understand my swordsmaship i had to accept that i might have to kill without hesitation one day (though in this day and age its highly unlikely) i've also had to accept that i might have to lay down my life at it's end just as suddenly...
i have no doubts in my albilty to kill..and quite frankly this scares me at times...  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff