Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
Harry/Draco Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StargemKitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:46 am
I love them--to say it simply. I just do. The first fic I've ever read, or slash in Harry Potter Terms was them, and I just got...hooked. There's a lot of reasons for why I ship them, and the reason they're my OTP, but it'll take too much time to write it all down, and the post will be too long.

Basically, the fics with them I won't read, are: MPREG. I hate that. I can't see it in any way, and I explained this somewhere else already, and I'm not repeating anything I'm too tired to write. xD

I like the Post-Hogwarts Fics, and only allow them to actually like each at the time when the Fic starts--if it's well written. Mirabella's 'Shadow of His Wings.' Is a beautiful example of it.

Most of the time, the Veela fics get on my nerves. I need something that keeps them in character and is just a good read all around. The Sacrifices Arc is the only HUGE AU I'd read, actually. Other than Draco's Boy.

I like twisted plot-lines, where Draco agrees to turn over to Dumbledore's side, or actually turns out to be a spy for the Order--but they still hate each, until something happens.

I LOVE ANSGT. Badly. I need something to make me curl up in bed and just think. Or to feel warm and happy at certian scenes, and just cry and giggle for the feel of it. I live for the Angst.
Good example? Well, 'Two Lost Souls' or anything by Amalin is just so ******** amazing. Mirabella is also widely recommended. (Yesh, those two are my favorites. <3)

But extreme fluff...just doesn't work for them. Not in my mind, at least.
Semi-Short Present Tense fics could practically covert me to anything, because I love the way they're written--espesically angst ones. Like the ones Amalin could write, and the ones Mirabella wrote.

Humor fics are just a fun read, most of the time. Like, 'He's a WHAT?'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:23 pm

Harry/Draco is my favorite pairing.
My favorite fiction of all time is "It Starts With a Spin".
3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Opal`

Variyal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:57 pm
I absolutely LOVE Drarry or Draco/Harry and in that order!

I CAN NOT,and I repeat, CAN NOT read a story where Draco is uke/bottom. If in the summary the author says Draco/Harry, then I think that Harry is the bottom, and I go to read it. But, plenty of times when I read later on, I can clearly see that Harry is top, and Draco is bottom so it should be written like, Harry/Draco. I seriously skip to a part in the story where I know for sure I'll find out which is top, and which is bottom redface , but that is only if I'm not sure.Simply because I think that it is out of his nature to surrender.

Yes, I know that Harry is dominant in life, and has that fiery passion, but that is an exact reason why I LOVE it when he is bottom. To me, that brings his mother's personality out. His anger, stubbornness, and defiance? THAT JUST SCREAMS UKE. (To me, that is.) I just think that Harry relates to Naruto A LOT, and I'm a shipper of Naruto being Uke. They have the same attitude, and similar backgrounds, their slash canon male partner is an ice prince, and they are striving to prove something (I guess, for Harry too)

Besides, Draco is a MALFOY and I do not see him, being dominated by Harry Potter, but the other way around. I know people might say this all the time, but Harry has a small stature. Draco is really taller than him, and I HATE it when author's decide to give Harry a sudden growth spurt that makes him Draco's height, very much near it, or taller than him. I LOVE it when Harry is small, because it's so cute when he and Draco cuddle.

I can't think of the rest of the question for the post, so I'll stop. Oh, and everything I just said, was basically about what I can't stand about the Drarry that is Harry/Draco burning_eyes And I don't mean to offend all of you that do like Harry/Draco, it's just that I can not even finish a story if it is Harry/Draco and not Draco/Harry.

Also, I think that Drarry can be interpreted as Draco/Harry (but that's just my opinion)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:48 pm
Bottom! Top!
I see these boys in being both aspects of the routine.
Definatly. Both of them taking the top, both of them taking the bottom. Turns of course. Bottom gets the pleasantries, Top gets the power.(very general aspect) Both of them are selffish and wanting enough for both.

StargemKitty

ChellitaRiho

Dapper Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:05 pm
As long as Harry and Draco are in it, I'll read it!!! It doesn't matter to me who is the top or bottom bacause we all know that it'll be HOTT!!! StargemKitty: Where can I find the stories you mentioned? I love Draco's Boy! I've rarely seen a AU non-magical story that's still good. MPREG doesn't bother me as much as it used to-maybe I just glaze over it and get on with the rest of the story? Who knows... My absolute favorite is PSL by Azure and Wintermoon heart ; even without all the chatter about soul mates, it would be a believable story, in which it allows the boys to fall in love gradually instead of in the first chapter or so. I've recently been reading stories that involve a bonding of some sort, be it creature or master/slave types. I like Bound by Draeconin [Draco's got veela traits and Harry has vamp]. Like I said before, I'm not picky about the storyline as long as they are in it together.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:40 pm
Okay... Drarry is fantasmical (as are many of the other HP slash pairings... whee ) and is my OTP! Well... other than Sirius and Remmy; but I digress.

'Starts with a Spin' is one of THE BEST Drarry fanfics out there, so any Drarry fan who hasn't read it yet, even with all the mentions this fourm has done of it, GO READ IT NOW! YOU ARE NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT IT! scream

heart

Shikonkun

StargemKitty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:05 am
ChellitaRiho
StargemKitty: Where can I find the stories you mentioned?

Why, my dear. Just ask me to PM them too you. ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:51 pm
I love verything about Drarry. It's wonderful. But, I won't read any Drarry fics with Snucius or Snape/Narcissa. They're just... *shudders*  

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:54 pm
Variyal
I absolutely LOVE Drarry or Draco/Harry and in that order!

I CAN NOT,and I repeat, CAN NOT read a story where Draco is uke/bottom. If in the summary the author says Draco/Harry, then I think that Harry is the bottom, and I go to read it. But, plenty of times when I read later on, I can clearly see that Harry is top, and Draco is bottom so it should be written like, Harry/Draco. I seriously skip to a part in the story where I know for sure I'll find out which is top, and which is bottom redface , but that is only if I'm not sure.Simply because I think that it is out of his nature to surrender.

Yes, I know that Harry is dominant in life, and has that fiery passion, but that is an exact reason why I LOVE it when he is bottom. To me, that brings his mother's personality out. His anger, stubbornness, and defiance? THAT JUST SCREAMS UKE. (To me, that is.) I just think that Harry relates to Naruto A LOT, and I'm a shipper of Naruto being Uke. They have the same attitude, and similar backgrounds, their slash canon male partner is an ice prince, and they are striving to prove something (I guess, for Harry too)

Besides, Draco is a MALFOY and I do not see him, being dominated by Harry Potter, but the other way around. I know people might say this all the time, but Harry has a small stature. Draco is really taller than him, and I HATE it when author's decide to give Harry a sudden growth spurt that makes him Draco's height, very much near it, or taller than him. I LOVE it when Harry is small, because it's so cute when he and Draco cuddle.

I can't think of the rest of the question for the post, so I'll stop. Oh, and everything I just said, was basically about what I can't stand about the Drarry that is Harry/Draco burning_eyes And I don't mean to offend all of you that do like Harry/Draco, it's just that I can not even finish a story if it is Harry/Draco and not Draco/Harry.

Also, I think that Drarry can be interpreted as Draco/Harry (but that's just my opinion)

I'm sorry, but Harry is the manly one in the relationship. Draco's such a wimp. He couldn't possibly be the seme. Have you read the books?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:45 am
I love drarry for some unkown reason im just hooked on them its like i cant go a day without reading at least 5 fics!
There is nothing that i wont read execpt maybe if its very boring and isnt really any juicy details lol and if its poorly written.
My favorite plots would be when Harry and Draco both know that they like each other (sepertatly) but wont make the first move so there friends have to help and the ones where harry or draco wind up pregnant. Or even when they have to make each other fall in love or come out.I havent made any fics yet but im in the process of writting one before i put it online  

star kate rox

LilMeady

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:43 am
I don't think this fic is up on our listing yet, but any Drarry fan needs to check out Gay Aurors at restrictedsection.org. Oh. My. God. It's hilarious and sweet at the same time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:09 pm
I have to say that Draco/Harry is my favorite, but in all honesty, both of them have enough insecurities and strength alternately to have a switch relationship. Both make sense. Draco is used to being the bottom rung of his family tree, and is envious of Harry's strength and popularity. So, HarryxDraco. Harry is constantly put in the hero's position and finds it comforting to be the one being taken care of and being able to drop his shields. So, DracoxHarry. I think both work.

My favorite ones are reluctant/initial non-com. To have one of them make a move first, the other not be into it, and the relationship gently develop apart from either of their better senses. It's like destiny.

You remember when you were little, and either the person who liked you tortured you or you tortured the person you liked? Yeah, I see that. And Harry did just as much torturing of Draco as the other way round.

I subscribe to a livejournal community that is HP slash. I get some good, some bad. Found a few fantastic ones. The community specializes in fantastically written stories, not 733t speak. Hooray for me.

*Strikes a batman pose* Now off to comment somewhere else! (Going to look for Harry/Snape thread.)

Oh, and hai. New to the guild.  

Mary Cateus Vockman

Theanator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:36 am
Harry/Draco is my favorite pairing!!!! I just love so many aspects of it.
1) Denial is SOOOOO cute!!!
2) Why would they continue to hate one another over the years.....I mean if they really hated each other they would have denied the other existed. Since they made fun of each other it just proves that they were on each others radar.
My ALL-TIME favoirte H/D fic is actually the one that introduced me to the pairing. Windfallen by Cinamon. Just go to FictionAlley.net and search "Windfallen" Wonderful story! (WARNING: The author had put and "R" rating on the story)  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:03 pm
I love harry draco. Their complete oposites. they complete each other. I love sub harry. I also like slytherin harry! yummy!  

The kewl katt

9,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

ZanaGesshoku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:00 am
I don't know why I love it... I just... DO!!! You know. They're so cute together, and steamy, and... yeah... *hem*.  
Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff