Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Captain Kirk or Captain Picard?[Poll fixed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fav Captain?
  Kirk
  Picard
  Sisko
  Janeway
  Archer
View Results

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:33 pm
lymelady
Sisco. He had guts, he had passion, and he had reserve. He was an easygoing captain but a captain. Unlike piccard, he mixed with the crew and got to know them well. He's sit in with them while they ate and drank and sang songs.

When Piccard's replacement did that, they all knew something was up. Piccard was very disciplined, but he wasn't as vibrant. Kirk was very hard to not choose, but Sisco had more restraint than he did. I can't say why I don't like Archer as much. I think it's because his character didn't really have time to develop much. And then there was Janeway, but I can't remember her and NOWHERE can I find reruns gonk

Sisco didn't go against Bashir's orders. His suggestions, yes, but not his orders, I think. Though Sisco did have a way of convincing his crew that they didn't really hear the transmissions with orders from starfleet that didn't fit with their plans.
Sisko! I knew inviting you was a good call! xd

Avery Brooks has the ultimate badass rep, he has the demeanor and presence of Picard, without the whole Old Guy frailty and such.
He has the Charisma of Kirk, but doesn't sleep around anywhere near as much(Kirk almost handed WWII to the Nazis because of a little girlthing he fell in love with...over the course of a couple days. Sisko handed his girl over to teh law. Now THAT'S devotion to duty.
How is he better than Archer? Do I need to hit you? How is he not?
As for Janeway...hm. Girl was good, gotta admit that, But Sisko had his own religion, and won a war, too. xd

And thanks to a post of Lindiras, I just remembered...Sisko is a Gourmet Chef! I can make a few things from scratch, but every recipe I have is of either my mother or fathers invention. I have no inventions of my own. crying But Sisko is great...hee, I'm swooning again. I'm such a fanboy xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:27 pm
I really like all the captains. They all have good qualities. I picked Picard though because I can relate to him the most I suppose.  

TPila

Animefanatic101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:03 am
I picked Benjamin.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:30 am
Picard all the way baby! Bald men are sexy!  

~Spectrum Style~

Animefanatic101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:34 am
Benjamin is bald, and he has a gotee  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:36 pm
I like Picard then Sisko. Yeah! No vote's fo Archer as of yet, I'm glad since he's such an idiot! biggrin  

Angelic Misery

Change (Revolution)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:54 am
Why Picard Rules them All:

Patrick Stewart: Best actor ever to be attached to Star Trek.

Well, that should be reason enough, but I can go on. Most of the time, other captains seem to have problems getting out of situations without firing phasers. Picard used a little something called Diplomacy much of the time, struggled for understanding and a mutually beneficial end to situations. He was culturally open minded and politically very liberal. And he had the best damn crew starfleet has to offer.

And none of these great things at the expense of the Dark Side. But not the cranky angsty Darkside Sisko had....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:42 am
Favorite captain..this certainly does seem to be the age old question doesn't it? I always end up arguing with my Trekkie friends about it and if I win the argument with them I always end up fightin with myself cause I can never decide...

Kirk or Picard...

Picard or Kirk...

*eye twitches as she clicks the poll button*

GAAH! I CAN'T! I CAN'T I CAN'T!!!

Couldn't we have a poll for Least favorite? I could so totally decide on that one in a second.  

ThatDarkNShadyLady

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 am
Data so rocked in that episode

"Why have you deactivated the weapons?"

"Radiation is flooding decks 12 and 13"

"An officer should consault the captain on such a decision."

"But sir i was ju"

"Reactivate weapons"

*does*

"Lt. Commander, you will Deactivate weapons systems and evacuate decks 12 and 13"

"Aye Captain"

yeah......

But, Picard is my favourite Captain ever.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:53 pm
I like all of the captains. I like whichever one I am watching at the time. But if I had to choose between Kirk and Picard, I'd probably say Kirk. But my favorite of them all has become Archer, with Kirk right behind him.  

Wind-Whisper

kjaydeck3

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:08 pm
I looooove Janeway. But that's not to say I don't like the others, cause I do. But Janeway is definately my Captain of choice. cool  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:21 am
Picard and Sisko would be my favorites.  

Nuri66

Preator Suran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:00 pm
My favorite would have to be Sisko. He knew when to use diplomacy and when not to. He was also an excellent tactician and I think we need to give him credit for being able to command a starbase and the Defiant at the same time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:27 pm
Ginga
Phaust
Well i dunno much bout all the captians.

*must... resist... rattling off... Janeway trivia... argh...*
I'm right there with ya! Janeway is definitely my alltime favorite.  

Sherubii Rooren

Kiera Greyback

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:39 am
PICARD ALL THE WAY!!!!  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items