Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] why are there girls in yaoi guilds? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EriksShadow

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:22 pm
I doubt it really matters.... at all...

I'm a lesbian and I heart yaoi. It's bad enough I get weird looks from other lesbians when they find out.... doubt I need it coming from the fanbase as well.

Besides... if you wanna get really technical... yaoi was originaly created FOR women, BY women. But... why should there be boundries?

domokun  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:47 pm
rofl
your avis a girl..btw *cough *
rofl rofl rofl
no girls in yaoi??
-choke-
i cant believe this. a girl watching two guys would think thats hot
Also, most people manga ceators of yaoi book ARE woman
rofl rofl
if you say women, this guilds members would diminish(sp) like hell  

Rejekted_Heart

Tomqueen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:47 pm
...and isn't this more of a fan-guild than anything else, anyway? o__o  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:10 pm
yaoi was made for women by women, if guys likes it(which many does and I think it's awesome) then yeah..it's a woman's fantasy.(or a man's too)  

SmashedGreen

3,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Cerulein

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:26 pm
Kikyana Ookami
Why does it matter x___X? If this was a guild for gay men, then I could maybe see your point. But this is a guild ABOUT gay men. And last time I checked, women love gay men. That's why we're here >_>;;

People need to realize that they do not participate in "Yaoi" relationships. They participate in homosexual relationships. Yaoi doesn't mean gay. It's a manga/anime genre >>; You wouldn't say you participate in a "Sci-fi/Comedy" relationship, would you >>?
I AGREE  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:56 am
I dont have any problems with the girls or women population that love yaoi. Whatver it is, maybe its the passion or forbidden love that attracts them.

Ps: still new....so dont flame me stressed  

kironagi

Shadow_Orexia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:55 am
Kikyana Ookami
Why does it matter x___X? If this was a guild for gay men, then I could maybe see your point. But this is a guild ABOUT gay men. And last time I checked, women love gay men. That's why we're here >_>;;

People need to realize that they do not participate in "Yaoi" relationships. They participate in homosexual relationships. Yaoi doesn't mean gay. It's a manga/anime genre >>; You wouldn't say you participate in a "Sci-fi/Comedy" relationship, would you >>?

I actually do participate in a Sci-fi/Comedy relationship. eek

Nah im just kidding but I totally agree.... yaoi is a genre, as is yuri. This issue came up in the Shoujo-Ai/Yuri guild as well, the girls keep saying "A Yuri guild is for mainly girls", well not all, but a few. I think everyone should just get along regardless of gender/orientation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:19 am
kironagi
I dont have any problems with the girls or women population that love yaoi. Whatver it is, maybe its the passion or forbidden love that attracts them.

Ps: still new....so dont flame me stressed

lol. I like the way you think! 4laugh
~ ninja Lance-san  

psychotic LEE

stardancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:33 pm
Most people I talk to generally think that equal rights was in fact a wonderful thing. I am for equal rights in ALL respects. This includes race gender religion or sexual orientation. Personally, I feel that liking a story has to do with how the characters interact. Now, whether these characters are male female or alien I feel has very little to do with anything. That said, what gender the fans are also has very little to do with anything. Love is love. Period. Love of a story is love of a story. Period. Equal rights is equal rights. Period.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:10 am
I thought I'd already posted in this thread... apparently not.

To be honest I was really shocked that were so many boys in the guild. In my experience slash has always been very much a thing for the girls (especially as most of it is aimed specifically at girls/women, with lots of flowers and prettiness in the art, or over-emotional characters in fic). For example over at FAP (Fiction Alley Park) when they do gender surveys there are very few guys on the boards.

But whatever. Share the love in my view, why would you want to kick anyone out of the guild 'cos they're the "wrong" gender?

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200

Dante_Giovanni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:39 pm
I think thats the girls can come. This guild is for the people how like this kind of stuff. And did anyone see that the maker of this little guild is FEMALE?? If I'm wrong, so sorry, but the gaia says female all over it xd LOL

P.S Just to say, a GIRL got me and guy/guy anime, so THERE to you little miss(mister?) who thinks it should be fore men...........I have no clue why I said that...BUT T STAND BY IT!!! MAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

P.P.S If you're loooking for someone, please do it off of the internet. I think you can only get to know someone by meeting them face to face!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:32 pm
maybe because most of the people who read yaoi are girls  

yokosgirl

Kami Llama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:06 pm
Why are you getting all worked up about it? D: What, you're gay, so only YOU'RE allowed to look at gay men kissing? Get over yourself, please.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:40 am
Because women like it too. I don't see the big deal about more women liking it...it was made for us.^^  

Xx_Beauty is Morbid_xX

Dapper Browser

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

D ! n o c o c k .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:56 pm
When I'm Standing In The Pouring Rain, I Don't Mind...

*Defending the opposite gender*

This is the Shounen-Ai/Yaoi guild. It's not a "Guys love Yaoi" guild. Girls are just as allowed to express their enjoyment for shounen-ai and yaoi as any man, gay or otherwise. Make it fair and allow anyone to join. You don't have to take it up the butt to like it. :3

I Think Of You, And Everything's Alright

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces