Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:21 am
I have already sent many, many bad jokes through text along the lines of

"knock knock"
"who's there?"
"the docter"

and far too many little britain catchphrases- good tie!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:47 am
I have downloaded almose all the eps of the 2005 Doctoe who series, I love it and he is really good looking ^^;; but the 2006 doctor isent as good really... not as good looking even though he is scottish *screams yay thats us* but meah he just isent as good ^^;;  

yamyams

Theta_Sigma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:28 pm
yamyams
I have downloaded almose all the eps of the 2005 Doctoe who series, I love it and he is really good looking ^^;; but the 2006 doctor isent as good really... not as good looking even though he is scottish *screams yay thats us* but meah he just isent as good ^^;;

I like him...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:49 pm
yamyams

I'd say the new one is cuter.

But then I'm really not sure if thats the point of DrWho. All the old ones were more wierd than good looking.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:37 am
yamyams

heart heart heart *dies*

He-hem..yeah I like David Tennant just a wee bit- though he didn't use his lovely edinburgh tones for the series- *sulk*

I still think he's hawt.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:29 am
Tennant is good! scream
and *points at doctor who guild* i'm a mod there.  

Crumpet Lord

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:06 pm
ice_illusion
I'd say the new one is cuter.
me too 3nodding I love David... but as you say, I dont think that's really the point... I liked him in the Christmas episode anyway so that's promising for the new series..  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:05 am
*resurrects* I should just call myself a Resurrectionist and have done with it... Although I have a reason, honest! The new series starts on April 15th! *dances*

Well, I voted for Sylvester McCoy, since he's the one with whom I grew up. I only very vaguely remember Peter Davison and Colin Baker, but Sylvester McCoy really left an impression.

Through the sharp eyes of a friend of mine, I am now the proud owner of 21 of the Virgin New Adventures and I also got hold of all the BBC books and a few of the old Target novelisations. Later on, that Doctor really did get manipulative and quite sinister really.

It amused me last year with comments in the media along the lines of Mr Eccleston being the first northern Doctor - that must have come as a surprise to Mr. McCoy! smile

I was also amused by comments about the new, non-screaming companion. I must say, I don't recall Ace *ever* screaming. Screaming *at* people, perhaps, while taking out a Dalek with a baseball bat... Can you see where my avatar is going? smile

And, lastly for the media, all that stuff about running upstairs not saving you from Daleks. "Remembrance of the Daleks" had already taught us that one.

Still, I loved the new series too. I liked the episode where they were trapped in the church - mainly because that car in the time loop was a Vauxhall Chevette, which was the first car I ever owned smile I absolutely adored the two-parter set in London during the Blitz. I think that's the one that cemented Mr. Eccleston in the role for me - the way he was so darn happy when everything turned out OK for once. That episode has bequeathed us the creepiest words in the English language, though: "Mummy? Where are you?" biggrin

After The Christmas Invasion, I can't wait for the new series. Any series which can reference Hitchhiker's Guide gets a gold star from me.

On a final note, I love my city! We have a comic convention in May and they've announced that Sophie Aldred and Colin Baker will be there, as well as one of the Davros actors, the Doctor Who author Paul Cornell and various others. Autographs, here I come!

DW  

Warnersister

And Soup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:38 am
User Image

Best doctor ever. /ok  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:42 am
To keep the new members mostly up to standard, I usually have a quick look at some of their past posts and/or their profile.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/index.php?view=profile.ShowProfile&item=15629

[/faintlyamusingandrelevant]

Invictus_88
Captain

Crumpet Lord

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:46 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:05 pm
Invictus_88
To keep the new members mostly up to standard, I usually have a quick look at some of their past posts and/or their profile.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/index.php?view=profile.ShowProfile&item=15629

[/faintlyamusingandrelevant]

XD, thats pretty good. Though probably anything to the tune of the llama song is good.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:46 am
Warnersister

After The Christmas Invasion, I can't wait for the new series. Any series which can reference Hitchhiker's Guide gets a gold star from me.

I clocked that. Laughed muchly and then had to explain to everyone in the room why. It ruined the moment.

*Grumble*

ONE WEEK TO GO!! mrgreen mrgreen

I can't get the tardisodes on my mobile! sad  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:57 am
6 days and counting!

(For updates on day count, consult my signature.)  

Crumpet Lord

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:46 pm
Crumpet Lord
6 days and counting!

(For updates on day count, consult my signature.)

I foresee this guild being a bit quiet when that's on, except from our overseas contingent, poor souls.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff