Do you like Marilyn Manson
  YES!!! HE RULES!!!
  Hell no!!!
View Results

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:54 am

wickerseer
Yeah, manson is fun to listen to, and he has some intelligent songs, Plus his cover of "This Is Halloween" was really good, but...in the case of gothic rock, im more of a lacuna coil/ creature feature fan

Neither Lacuna Coil nor Creature Feature are goth-rock.

Creature Feature is darkwave, a dark foil (complete opposite) genre developed opposing new-wave synth-pop of the early 80's. The genre has some limited overlap with goth-rock, but very little. Typically only in artistic motivation, not in sound.

Lacuna Coil is gothic metal, which, contrary to popular belief, has no relation to goth-rock. Lacuna Coil has also delved into symphonic metal and progressive/experimental metal.

Quote:
Not really related to goth-rock at all, gothic-metal likewise takes it's name from the literary genre "Gothic Horror". Though the two genres have occassionally similar aesthetic and thematic elements, they have no connection musically, the scene overlap isn't large.
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:14 pm

he's a awsome singer

xGothgirlx14

Hyatt-Insomnia

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:35 am

I can't stand Manson.

His music is boring and half of it is just cover songs anyway.
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:08 am

MortSanglant
EvFaerAshlynn
Is it just me or have I seen about 10 different Manson threads in this subforum?

Yeah, you have. stare I'm sick of it. stare

I don't blame you.

But I personally think he's okay. I don't listen to his stuff as much as others.

shadowcat715

Suicide Lollies

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:20 am

Oh my god, he shits me.
I can't stand the guy.
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:31 am

At first I actually thought he was super awesome, mostly due to the friends who practically created me were obsessed with Manson. I do like some of his music though. It's something I would listen to if I were just gonna hang out with those friends.

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:22 pm

.+Melanthios+.
he's okay (music wise), but not really attractive...... sweatdrop
...uh...yeah he is heart ...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:16 pm

MortSanglant
Go ahead and kill me. He's nothing special. At all. stare

CHicKeNy Corpse

VampyreofGraves

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:30 am

for Manson, id rather this song.. Dried up, Tied and Dead to the World
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:22 pm

hmmmmph....you can all say whatever the F*** your little Manson Hating Hearts Desire but for us people who love him...we're damn proud of it!...as a matter a fact..."we know who we are, and what we wanna say and we don't care!" about your complaining!...if you wanna talk about how much you hat him...make your own subforum for it, don't bring it in here! we don't wanna here it!...there we go...That all I gotta say...cause for the record...I'm proud to wear my Manson T-shirt^^...I'm pleased now...*puts headphones back on and keeps listning to Vodevil*

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:35 pm

Manah Uchiha
hmmmmph....you can all say whatever the F*** your little Manson Hating Hearts Desire but for us people who love him...we're damn proud of it!...as a matter a fact..."we know who we are, and what we wanna say and we don't care!" about your complaining!...if you wanna talk about how much you hat him...make your own subforum for it, don't bring it in here! we don't wanna here it!...there we go...That all I gotta say...cause for the record...I'm proud to wear my Manson T-shirt^^...I'm pleased now...*puts headphones back on and keeps listning to Vodevil*

A) Your elipses make your voice come across as passive. Not good for making an argument.

B) While I can understand your frusterations, these topics are meant for general discussion of the subject. There are no "Fans Only" subjects, nor "Haters Only" subjects. Any given subject if for the discussion of a topic, positive or negative.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:06 am

Manah Uchiha

To say your one of the people who claim to be open and understanding, your being awfully closed minded about other peoples opinions of music, I'd also like to point out, Mazza has lost his voice, no one can deny it, he can't sing like he used to. The new direction he's taking because of it, is quite frankly dull and uninspired, when I heard heart shaped glasses the first time, I didn't even listen to it all the way, it bored me that much. Don't get me wrong I like Antichrist and Portrait, but it does seem without Trent holding his hand, Mazza can't produce anything beyond mediocre shock rock that might be of value, if Alice Cooper didn't do it much better 30 years before.

Rellik San
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:06 pm

Rellik San
Manah Uchiha

To say your one of the people who claim to be open and understanding, your being awfully closed minded about other peoples opinions of music, I'd also like to point out, Mazza has lost his voice, no one can deny it, he can't sing like he used to. The new direction he's taking because of it, is quite frankly dull and uninspired, when I heard heart shaped glasses the first time, I didn't even listen to it all the way, it bored me that much. Don't get me wrong I like Antichrist and Portrait, but it does seem without Trent holding his hand, Mazza can't produce anything beyond mediocre shock rock that might be of value, if Alice Cooper Rozz Williams didn't do it much better nearly 30 years before.

Fixed.

But yeah, I honestly don't know why some fans need to aggressively defend Manson (the same can be said with a lot of artists, really, but it seems that Manson is one of the top most-defended ones).
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:47 am

-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San
Manah Uchiha

To say your one of the people who claim to be open and understanding, your being awfully closed minded about other peoples opinions of music, I'd also like to point out, Mazza has lost his voice, no one can deny it, he can't sing like he used to. The new direction he's taking because of it, is quite frankly dull and uninspired, when I heard heart shaped glasses the first time, I didn't even listen to it all the way, it bored me that much. Don't get me wrong I like Antichrist and Portrait, but it does seem without Trent holding his hand, Mazza can't produce anything beyond mediocre shock rock that might be of value, if Alice Cooper Rozz Williams didn't do it much better nearly 30 years before.

Fixed.

But yeah, I honestly don't know why some fans need to aggressively defend Manson (the same can be said with a lot of artists, really, but it seems that Manson is one of the top most-defended ones).

To be honest it seems anyone that got popular post millennium, the fans of them are rabid, lets face it the average Maiden, Def Lep and Preist fan probably makes fun of the bands they like more then the people who don't like them.

End of the day, its music, no need to take it seriously, because I guarantee you, those that do take it seriously are often the musicians that suck the most. As a side note, in my experience, MCR seems to be the most defended of all bands, especially the instant you say something bad about Gerard Way.

Rellik San
Crew

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:23 am

I listen to him a lot. Most of His songs are fine, but i don't like him in person. I don't even like to watch the videos. So it's just the music.
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff