Reply Rude Discussion
Ever get made fun of? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NoFingersMcKenzi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:02 pm
yeah and it's usually quoted by that ska sucks song....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:56 pm
This is what I've gotten:
Person: "Ska!??! WTH is that?"
Person: "Ska?" Me: "ya whats wrong with ska*evil glaire*" Person*obviously lying*: nothing.....
Person: "Ska?? Crazy loser..."
Person: "Ska?? Ska is dead" Me: "the band?" Person: "no litterally its dead"
Person: "Ska? isnt that the punk with horns thing?" Me: Grrrrrrrr!!!

and then the one happy response:
Person: "Ska? I'm into ska." Me:*glopmfs person* "can i check out your cds?!!?"  

Elleyea

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Noriko_Mimura

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:43 pm
I actually really love the song Ska Sucks...

Rudie, a message to you, ******** YOU, RUDIE!!!!

It's ironic in it's greatness...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:29 pm
only happned to me 1 time someone asked me what ska is and I just replyed: "It's my music"
and no one has ever told me that ska sucks and I don't think it ever will happen....
all my friends listen to ska...and everyone at my local night club knows about ska...(maybe 'couse my buddy had a ska club there for a while...)  

Leveller

McHuggies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:11 pm
Man... I've had to describe "ska" so many times (because we're the only ska band in the area) that I won't even bother anymore. If someone asks me what kind of band I'm in I'll just say "a good one" and leave it at that.
I don't mind if somebody doesn't know what ska is, but having to explain it over and over just wore me out. I'm thinking about taking my mp3 player EVERYWHERE I go just so I don't have to waste words.

I think the only time I actually got mad about it though was when some girl asked "So it's like punk?" and I said "Not really..." to which she replied "Oh, well it probably sucks anyway. I only like rap"
How the hell can you just call off something without even knowing what it is? Talk about being close minded neutral  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:36 am
I totally hate having to explain what ska is. You can't, unless you happen to be able to have an hour in front of a listening audience to explain exactly what ska is and what it looks like when you surprise it in the shower. Quite hopeless, really.  

Queenie42

Garbanzo Man

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:49 pm
People just don't know s**t about music these days. At my last school, a yuppie christian school, people were just clueless about ska, and made fun of my tastes. The mofos didn't know what reggae was. It's sadly a widespread thing, though. Current school: People don't know that there's more than one wave. Not to mention that much more than half the people hate it. It's Dallas for ya.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:08 pm
I love it when they have no clue what ska is. It only leads to my insane laughter and my friends having to explain it to them. Which they never do since I never really explained it to them and they just leave that person behind, confused and somewhat bewildered.  

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150

~sarah2112~

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:48 pm
i have gotten dissed before because i love ska and everything about it. they are just mad at me because i have better taste in music.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:12 pm
I don't mind when people don't know what it is. I dont try to explain it. I just tell them they are missing out and should try to listen to some.  

Mr. Fortune

SkaBanana

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:57 pm
I've gotten the following: "ska fags" "ska sucks" "What is ska?" "ska is dead"
"ska is shitty" etc.

Here's a conversation between me and my brother (or something like this):

Me: Do you know what a skank is?

Brother: yes.

Me: I don't mean hooker skanks.

Brother: What other skanks is there?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:27 pm
yep i get that alot...i say its punk with trumpets but thats not always true but its easier on me so i just go with it.... most of the time when they hear that i listen to ska they dont really care they just say.."oh well i listen to *w/e they listen to* its so kool...blah blah blah

they dont care they just wanna show it off i guess  

asianska104

Doctor Nope

O.G. Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:45 pm
I've never been made fun of for liking ska
I'm too cool for that cool
There is a large group of rudies around were I live
So its never been a problem

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:00 am
some girl asked if i was a punk one day and i was like...ummm, haha, no. so she asked me what type of music i listened to and i told her, ska.
she was like "SKY? what's that???"

i laughed at her and walked away... biggrin

and yeah, i do get made fun of sometimes....even by my own boyfriend! (hes a metal head...the only thing i dont approve of him) stare  

koolbeanzkt

Cue-Cue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:19 pm
My friends that aren't into ska make fun of me for being into the bands that no one's heard of. It doesn't bother me, because they don't know what they're missing.

I haven't met anybody who's told me ska sucks, yet. I'm sure it'll happen one of these days.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff