Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Manga][FAKE] Anyone read it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:28 pm
YAY Fake!
My favoritest yaoi in the world! heart

I actually have a funny sort of story about one time, when I got pulled over because my left blinker was out, plus I was in a really bad mood. But then I noticed the cop had light brownish blonde hair and his parner had black hair and I totaly geeked out.... it was kinda sad, but I was in a much better mood after that...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:39 pm
its an awsome manga  

Sesshomaru is to good for

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ritsu chaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:34 pm
I absolutly LOVE this manga! Dee is one of my all-time favourite characters XD

It's too bad the anime didn't expand more into the manga.. I would have love to have seen more Dee and Berkley drama 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:22 am
jumps up and down* i have i have, its one of my faves blaugh  

Rini Bluefire

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Heckler 50

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:14 pm
There's going to be a sequel to Fake! The info I saw called it "FAKE Second Season". The first part will be appearing in a Japanese yaoi magazine called Hug in May.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:53 am
For-Chan Cookie
There's going to be a sequel to Fake! The info I saw called it "FAKE Second Season". The first part will be appearing in a Japanese yaoi magazine called Hug in May.

OH! That makes me so excited! I love FAKE so much. I really cannot wait to see that, I hope it comes out over here in Canada.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Your_Gaurdian_Angel92

1,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:06 pm
Fake was really good in my opinion Bikky is hysterical.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:31 am
Rulin' ya universes...

:3 Anyone else read Second Season?
The art style is very different but it's still very nice!

@Katastrophic_Kate:
That is so awesome o.o You should've asked for a photo with them! xD
...since 1992.

User_2629207

melaniecat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:17 am
I own all of the books and I read them over and over. I just saw the film versions and was very disappointed. I thought the art was really lame. I love Ryo. He is so cool. The only one I don't like is Binky. He is too old to be doing some of the things he does and on the other hand he is too young to be doing some of the things he does.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:29 pm
I actually got the anime version myself, and I can't say I was all that highly impressed. Granted it is funny at times, and I do like seeing Dee and Ryo animated, however I rather wish that they had chosen to make a TV series out of it, rather than focus on their vacation to England.

Of course, that might be due to the fact that the only thing I have never really liked about FAKE is that Sanami Matou chooses to randomly through in stuff to do with the paranormal. While I do enjoy manga with a paranormal vibe, and paranormal things in general, when she puts it in the story line, it just doesn't feel right to me, it's like she was trying to hard to add something else into the plot. I could essentially tolerate the thing with the ghost in England, however, when you get deeper into the manga, and she writes the side stories about Carol and Bikky, there are two characters she introduces named Lai and Lass that become friends of Carol and Bikky. That would be all well and good, had she not chosen to make these two particular characters psychic. I really don't think it tied into the vibe that was going on with FAKE. To me, FAKE always had the serious crime drama/romance thing going on, with a little humor tossed in of course to keep it from being a downer. I think adding in stuff to do with psychics and the paranormal was too forced and actually served to make it a little corny.

Despite that fact though, I too read my volumes of the manga over and over because I am still a huge fan of the series and it is my favourite yaoi title to date.

@melaniecat: I didn't think the art was all that bad in the anime, I have seen much worse believe me. Also, it was a rather nice clean up of the sketchy style that Matou seems to have in the manga. Granted that sketchy style did grow on me and I now find it quite endearing ^^; Also when it comes to Bikky, he's a bit of a "juvenile delinquent," so of course he's going to be too young to do some of the things he does. Before Ryo took him in the kid had almost no leash, so he could go about and do what he pleased with few repercussions from his father. When it comes to him being too old to be doing some of the things he does... well, it's safe to assume that Bikky didn't have much of a childhood, his dad was involved with the mafia and who knows if he paid much attention to Bikky at all... there's bound to be some residual childishness that he feels the need to release. Now that he is with Ryo as well, it seems that he has half a hope of experiencing some kind of a child hood, so I don't feel that him acting out in immature ways is too much of a bad thing. If you are referring to how he treats Dee when Dee puts the moves on Ryo though, well, Bikky is very serious when it comes to defending Ryo, he cares about Ryo and since Ryo doesn't care for Dee's advances at first, it's only natural he's going to do what he can to stop them. Even if said manners are and immature way of going about it, they're also likely the only way Bikky knows how to react to the situation.

Heh, that was a little more long-winded than I originally intended, I hope no one minds ^^;  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games