Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Rape/sexual assult....your opinion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Rape/sexual assult charges be the same as murder charges?
  Yes!
  No
  Depends on the situation
  who cares?
View Results

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:21 am
although i do agree situations play key rolls in how a person is sentenced but i do think that all cases should be taken seriously  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:41 am
KupoWrath
...Justice is supposed to be free from emotion... but, is it?

No. It has never been, and it never will. There will always be prejudice and emotion in the cases. It's human nature.

I disagree. I know i could dispense justice irregardless of emotion without any problem. More importantly, i know an emotionless justice system could exist, even if i never see one.

Quote:
And frankly, I don't think ANY prisoner should be sheltered from any of the other prisoners. No matter what they're in there for. If we're going to shelter everyone, how will they learn not to repeat their mistakes?

This baffles me. Not as much as ceilisidhe's post, but still quite a bit. Why are all of you so cavalier about sending people to die? How can you casually say somebody should be raped, tortured and killed for a crime? I can only hope you do not truly believe what you say.

If you do, you are severely disturbed. The desire to torture or kill another person is not good. Your reason does not matter. If you support torturing or killing prisoners in cold blood, you are as bad as they are. Worse even, because you are hypocritical. This is the same justification always used. People always find some group it is okay to mistreat.

What does that say about human nature?  

zz1000zz
Crew

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:06 pm
zz1000zz
KupoWrath

No. It has never been, and it never will. There will always be prejudice and emotion in the cases. It's human nature.

I disagree. I know i could dispense justice irregardless of emotion without any problem. More importantly, i know an emotionless justice system could exist, even if i never see one.

Quote:
And frankly, I don't think ANY prisoner should be sheltered from any of the other prisoners. No matter what they're in there for. If we're going to shelter everyone, how will they learn not to repeat their mistakes?

This baffles me. Not as much as ceilisidhe's post, but still quite a bit. Why are all of you so cavalier about sending people to die? How can you casually say somebody should be raped, tortured and killed for a crime? I can only hope you do not truly believe what you say.

If you do, you are severely disturbed. The desire to torture or kill another person is not good. Your reason does not matter. If you support torturing or killing prisoners in cold blood, you are as bad as they are. Worse even, because you are hypocritical. This is the same justification always used. People always find some group it is okay to mistreat.

You really are confrontational. Besides... This guild is a place were these seriously disturbed people can come and NOT be judged, so don't ruin the space.

Now... Personally, no one should be shielded from the consequence of their actions. In jail, out of jail.. whatever. If you shoot someone and their homies come and shoot you back... You deserved it. What comes around goes around.

It's the three times rule. What you send out comes back at you times three....

It's karma baby.

And if no emotionless justice system exists now... it will NEVER exist. just becvause you say you can keep your emotion out a decision doesn't mean everyone else can!

It's human nature to judge, and it will ALWAYS happen... no matter what.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:33 pm
zz1000zz
KupoWrath

Quote:

you have clearly taken what some people have said the wrong way.............this is an opinion thread....about how we feel about rape...and how it is lightly treated in the justification..........not about murder.......no offence but it was rude for you to come into my thread and cut up and call us hyporcites for making an opinion you have taken the wrong way........this thread was for people to be open about experiences and how we feel ...not to plot out how we want to kill people.......you got it all wrong so next time please look through the entire thread before you state an opinion...........what you read as coming off "hyprocitial " are people truly angered by the idea of rape.........what has happened to friends...lovers and people close to them.......and how half the time those people never get the justice we are told we are entitled to .....please make sure you know all about the thread before you comment on a couple of statements  

Fallentowards

Ndoki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:40 pm
In the case of the rapists, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the same as murder. I do agree it's a horrid thing to do, but you still have the rest of your life to live and experience, that's the reason why murder gets such a heavy punishment. I do think though that not only should there be jailtime (based on the extent of what happened) but also psychological evaluation to try and find (and possibly help with) whatever caused them to feel the need to do it. As for my opinion on those being raped.. well I've only ever met one person who agreed with me on it, so I'll just keep it to myself. Heh.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:57 pm
Ndoki
In the case of the rapists, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the same as murder. I do agree it's a horrid thing to do, but you still have the rest of your life to live and experience, that's the reason why murder gets such a heavy punishment. I do think though that not only should there be jailtime (based on the extent of what happened) but also psychological evaluation to try and find (and possibly help with) whatever caused them to feel the need to do it. As for my opinion on those being raped.. well I've only ever met one person who agreed with me on it, so I'll just keep it to myself. Heh.

thank you for your good point and great insight  

Fallentowards

DR490N

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:36 pm
i still say that rape is far far worse than murder.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:50 pm
Why do you say that DR490N?  

Ndoki

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:48 am
Concerning rape vs. murder, you are stealing something from someone. Not neccessarily virginity, in rape's case, but honor and dignity, etc. Murder you are taking a life. Now they are not completely the same thing, and I don't believe a man should be executed for rape but I believe a life on jail-time would be appropriate.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:37 pm
SarahArden
Concerning rape vs. murder, you are stealing something from someone. Not neccessarily virginity, in rape's case, but honor and dignity, etc. Murder you are taking a life. Now they are not completely the same thing, and I don't believe a man should be executed for rape but I believe a life on jail-time would be appropriate.

i don't believe in the death penalty but i too believe that life in prison is a better charge then the damn 3-8 year charge of a convicted rape.......only way a rapist gets life if they committe a series of rapes........i think the charge should be more serious then it is  

Fallentowards

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:18 pm
Maybe sometimes you just have to take the situation into your own hands, considering how now a days people are more prone to blame it on the vicitm.

Or maybe I'm just that cynical....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:39 pm
KupoWrath
Maybe sometimes you just have to take the situation into your own hands, considering how now a days people are more prone to blame it on the vicitm.

Or maybe I'm just that cynical....

actually you bring up a good point...many people are quick to say " it was consenual ...unfortunately that situation happened to my friend ...even though she was drugged and they from a date rape drug in her system..........idiots  

Fallentowards

2aetH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:19 pm
I.loathe.rapists.

I'll say it once, I'll say it a million times. I absolutely hate them, despise them, and think they should be wiped off the face of the planet.

I think they should be given *worse* punishment than manslaughter, homicide, or anything short of extreme serial murderers. Rape is torture. If you shoot someone dead, they feel it for a few seconds. Rape is much, much longer, robbing your innocence away from you centimeter by centimeter, and I think rapists deserve to be put at equal status as a serial killer or torturer.

I'm not talking about that statutory bullshit, however, because I think that if a teenager is consenting with another person, then that's okay.

Child rapists are even higher up on my list, however. I think they deserve the worst punishment.

I think rapists, child or not, deserve the death penalty automatically unless they are clinically insane/don't know what they've done. At least murderers have put their victim out of their misery. Rape victims have to live with that trauma for the rest of their lives.

I have no respect for rapists, or child rapists. None whatsoever. There are excuses for running at someone in a fit of rage and tearing their spine out. There is no excuse for violating someone like that, at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:27 pm
I do agree with you somewhat Raethyn, but at the same time I don't. When you kill someone you're taking away the rest of their life. You are taking away another 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 or even more years of happiness. It's taking away the chance to learn and experience more. Being raped may take away some physical aspect, and it may have a psychological impression, but that can be overcome with time, in which case the person can live the rest of their life in peace and happiness if they so choose. Honestly if I had the choice I'd rather be raped and go on with the rest of my life than be killed. Also I think I should point out, my opinions are based off experience. I didn't exactly have some great experiences when I was a child, and frankly I'm glad, because I learned from them and became a better person. If I was killed though then that would be the end of things. I'm not traumatized at all because I learned to get over it.  

Ndoki

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:18 pm
excellent points and opinions guys  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items