Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [ChatterBox]________Everything Else, Newbie Threads, Advertising, Etc.
Japanese Snacks Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Japanese snacks?
  Yes!
  No.
  I've never tried any.
View Results

Sho_koi

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:02 pm
the only ones i've tried are Pocky and Yanyan... sweatdrop 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:46 am
Ume flavored Hi-Chew is GOD.
'Nuff said.

User_2629207

LadyVineXIII

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:17 am
Sushi & Sashimi I adore. (With the exception of eel which I don't) I love Pockies. (Did you know they come in dark chocolate? It takes the pocky to a whole nother level of perfection.) I've had Cheese Pretz and they are reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally good. A nice Savoury bisquit. I've also had lichii jellies. It was a while ago and I mistook them for something else so I have to retry them to decide if I like them. *Must take paycheque to Sanko* So yeah. I'd loooooove to try even more. Oh and I've had the dried/roasted seaweed and i definately like seaweed better wrapped around/in sushi.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:39 pm
I love pocky but I think my favorite is Azuki filled mochi. At the Asian market in town they packages of mochi cake/cookie things... I'm soo hooked on em.  

Macha76

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:32 am
I'm addicted to red bean mochi ice cream. ADDICTED! If only I could buy it at the store instead of having to pay crazy prices at the local Japanese restaurant!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:34 am
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

I had black sesame ice cream at a local Japanese lunch place~ It was super delicious, the taste reminded me of halva.
I'd really like to try and make some dorayaki... we have a mini pancake pan at my house so I can probably make them in that~
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

DillonDanger

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:49 am
I might as well live off of ramune and pocky...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:09 pm
Ahhh, I love red bean mochi. heart The peanut flavour... Not so much, but most of the other kinds are very nice, too. The texture is a strange kind of acquired taste. I like having some when I'm feeling tired of chocolate, jellies and biscuits, those kind of things that are easy to get.
These seem to be more of a Chinese thing, but sesame cookies are wonderful~ So tasty, so few in a box...
And the chestnut koala bears are very tasty, too.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:16 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

I didn't hear of the chestnut ones surprised I've had cappuccino ones though...
I've only had daifuku, which is like...mochi's more sugary cousin xD It had mochi stuff in it though... I think I'd like the sesame mochi, I love sesame anything 8D

Has anyone tried that new chelsea flavour, milk tea? It's really nice and refreshing! I love chelsea, or any butterscotch type of thing, really...

I'm a bit upset because the Japanese grocery stores I go to don't have any melon soda sad That stuff is divine! They do have ramune though so I guess it's okay ^^

The only red bean thing I've had was some green tea cupcakes that had azuki paste on them smile It was pretty nice. They were made by this cute cupcakery called Three Little Pigs, and all the cupcakes had tiny pink bits of marzipan as snouts and ears... it was really cute 8D
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:09 pm
i LOVE going to Asian markets cause they have SO many different types of candy its insane @_@  

iLoveAxel09

3,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

tigerstripedmoon

Trash Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:06 pm
... god, this could go on forever. o_o I lived in Japan for a semester, attending college, and I got so addicted to stuff.

-I LOVE Pocky, but even better is Meiji's Fran. So thick and decadent and luscious. Mmmm. Pretz is great too-- Cocoa Pretz, Pretz Salad, Tomato Pretz.... om nom nom.

-COFFEE BEAT. They're like M&Ms, except shaped like coffee beans and flavored like coffee. So addictive. Choco Baby is also amazing, little chocolate pellets that're kinda chewy. The best ones have stars inside.

-Anpan, melonpan, daifuku-- god, daifuku is heavenly. I'm addicted to it. I love red bean paste. I love mochi too, so much so that I end up making daifuku at home. (Not often-- that stuff will glue your fingers together. x_x)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm
Where I live is horribly deprived japanese snacks, theres a japanese resturant that I like going to though Mmm Dango

I've only had pocky and I liked it  

xhauntedsoulx

Insanedreams77

8,450 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:24 pm
MOCHI AND POCKY ARE MY FAVE. There is anther one but i cant remember whats it is call.  
[ChatterBox]________Everything Else, Newbie Threads, Advertising, Etc.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games