Reply Extended Discussion
Views on Christianity. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaiBlackNight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:09 pm
I think that those of you who have a generalized view of christians...i ask you to please re think it.

Yes, you may have been treated badly by some christians before, or whatever the case may be. However...it's just like saying that all Satanits or wiccans or pagans are evil right down to the core no matter who they are.

Now this we know is not true. I have known many people with these religions, and they are all very nice people. They simple believe differently. Some people are not nice though and do not understand things.

You see, I am a christian, saved at 7 and going to a christian college now.

Some people take the bible out of context, or misinterpretet...and thus act the way they do. And some people are arrogent and think they are better then others...they even think they're better then other christians because of denominations.

So i guess what i'm trying to say...it please dont generalize all christians. Because, I am one and truethfully, i'm not going to pound the bible into your brain or hate you for your decision.

For as it says...Love thy neighbore (an NO...your neighbor is not your fellow christian, or fellow satanists, or fellow buhidist (sp)...it's actually those who are not like you (though you need to love your fellow believers as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:38 pm
GilAskan
I feel many people are too hard on Christians (I myself am not one, but I regularly see people abuse Christians).

Yes, the Crusades and Witch-hunts killed 10 million people over the course of 800 years, and yes, they were started by Christians.

Mao Ze Dong's (an atheist) "cultural cleansing" killed 100 million people over the course of about 25 years.

Mao Ze Dong did not kill millions of people because of his religion, whereas the crusaders did. Your analogy fails.  

zz1000zz
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:29 am
zz1000zz
GilAskan
I feel many people are too hard on Christians (I myself am not one, but I regularly see people abuse Christians).

Yes, the Crusades and Witch-hunts killed 10 million people over the course of 800 years, and yes, they were started by Christians.

Mao Ze Dong's (an atheist) "cultural cleansing" killed 100 million people over the course of about 25 years.

Mao Ze Dong did not kill millions of people because of his religion, whereas the crusaders did. Your analogy fails.

My analogy does not fail.

I was pointing out that while religion is a motivating force, it's not the source of all the world's problems. Many young, immature atheists claim that anyone who believes any religion is a bad person, while atheists are good people because they aren't "controlled" by religion.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:40 am
.....You guys *do* realize that Wicca/Goddess Worship and Christianity are almost identical, right?

Organized prayer/rituals, celebrated holidays at similar dates.......magick/miracles, goddess v. god, the list goes on and on.

To make it even funnier, they bash each other.  

2aetH

SaiBlackNight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:11 pm
Raethyn Sarachael
.....You guys *do* realize that Wicca/Goddess Worship and Christianity are almost identical, right?

Organized prayer/rituals, celebrated holidays at similar dates.......magick/miracles, goddess v. god, the list goes on and on.

To make it even funnier, they bash each other.

hahahahah! That's funny...but not true.

Just because celebrations and the fact that organized prayer/rituals are similare...does not mean that they are the same.

A person in africa drinks water, and you drink water. Just because you do the same thing, doesn't mean you are identical. No, you are two very different people.

Another point. Wicca (some not all!)...if they don't like someone...curse them! Want someone to love them? Love spell! (or whatever). But christianity...what do we do? Pray...for the good. We don't ask God to kill people. Any good christian should be praying for even those they hate because...that is what is right.

They are __Very__ different.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:42 pm
the christian religion(and i know this because i used to be a churchgoer as well as a christian, who actively studied the bible) tends to be very discriminatory and the bible itself is full of holes, minor discrepancies(and not so minor ones). Christians have been highly responsible for many of the things wrong with the world. christian societies first made ballistics weaponry, christian societies raped, tortured, and slaughtered millions of people for the glory of their god, and christian societies bred technological sciences, which split off from said religions and began poisoning the planet with ignorance and so called reason. Christians forcibly converted ancient societies who did well in their own ways to their religion, typically using both fullscale warfare and missionaries, as well as simply building over pre-existing sites of worship. Christianity today tends to deny this, although history presents the evidence clear as day. many christians, though not all, continue to spread filty ignorance through the world, guilt people into joining their religion, and make war over foolish things(take ireland for example). CHristians today claim that the religion is kinder and gentler and that the people of those days were not following "the lord's true path". i say thats ******** bullshit. look at the burning times! they burned thousands of my kind simply for having different beliefs, and thousands more simply because they confeswsed to s**t they didnt ******** do because they were being brutally tortured. and it says right in the bible that christians should burn the witches. look it up if you feel like it. how can a 'loving god' tell his people to kill people so brutally? also, it does not say ANYWHERE in the bible that the christian god is the only god. Jesus himself never says that his way is the only way to the only afterlife. he simply says "no-one can get to the father except through me".

conclusion? CHristians are deluded morons who've fallen deeply out of touch with anything real.  

DR490N

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:52 pm
DR490N
the christian religion(and i know this because i used to be a churchgoer as well as a christian, who actively studied the bible) tends to be very discriminatory and the bible itself is full of holes, minor discrepancies(and not so minor ones). Christians have been highly responsible for many of the things wrong with the world. christian societies first made ballistics weaponry, christian societies raped, tortured, and slaughtered millions of people for the glory of their god, and christian societies bred technological sciences, which split off from said religions and began poisoning the planet with ignorance and so called reason. Christians forcibly converted ancient societies who did well in their own ways to their religion, typically using both fullscale warfare and missionaries, as well as simply building over pre-existing sites of worship. Christianity today tends to deny this, although history presents the evidence clear as day. many christians, though not all, continue to spread filty ignorance through the world, guilt people into joining their religion, and make war over foolish things(take ireland for example). CHristians today claim that the religion is kinder and gentler and that the people of those days were not following "the lord's true path". i say thats ******** bullshit. look at the burning times! they burned thousands of my kind simply for having different beliefs, and thousands more simply because they confeswsed to s**t they didnt ******** do because they were being brutally tortured. and it says right in the bible that christians should burn the witches. look it up if you feel like it. how can a 'loving god' tell his people to kill people so brutally? also, it does not say ANYWHERE in the bible that the christian god is the only god. Jesus himself never says that his way is the only way to the only afterlife. he simply says "no-one can get to the father except through me".

conclusion? CHristians are deluded morons who've fallen deeply out of touch with anything real.

...that's sort of discriminatory of you. You're making broad statements about EVERY person of a religion.

There are some Christians like that, but would you say the Martin Luther King Jr. was a "deluded moron who fell deeply out of touch with anything real"? A man who spread nothing but love and tried to get the world to accept everyone?

Yes, there are extremist Christians. There are also extremist muslims. Extremist pagans. Just about any side of any arguement will have it's extremists, and to judge EVERYONE of a religion because of a few outspoken members is wrong.

The problem isn't in Christianity, but more in the Catholic church. The Catholic Church was a self-appointed organization; they claimed to be God's church, without anyone ever giving them such power.

A christian would say,
"Let the one without sin cast the first stone" (i.e. everyone has done wrong, so no one should be cast aside or punished)

A [devout] Catholic would say
"If you sin and don't confess, you'll burn in hell for eternity"

Jesus once said in the bible
"Accept all others into your home, and treat them as your brothers and sisters", and later said "Love all people as you would love your children"

A Catholic minister once said
"All fags burn in hell", and another once said "God thinks that blacks are obselete farm equipment"

The point being:

Not all christians are extremist brain-washers and intolerant conservatives. The majority of Christians are kind, open, and accepting people who have been stereotyped.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:25 pm
I'm not a fan of Christianity myself. I don't agree with the Bible, or the teachings of the church. I could give reasons, but I won't for the fact that some people may find them offensive. Just as long as you keep Christianity well away from me, we'll get along splendidly smile  

omnimodus

SaiBlackNight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:18 pm
DR490N

O_o

My friend, have you even read the bible? Because you are making accusation about it that are not true.

Let me begin with Isaiah 44:6
"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

Also...please do not take text from the bible out of context. See, that's how you people twist the text.

John 14:6
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And last, for now, could you please find the text where it says to burn the witches in the bible?

Hard facts and text. You need it to support your view. smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:57 pm
omnimodus
I'm not a fan of Christianity myself. I don't agree with the Bible, or the teachings of the church. I could give reasons, but I won't for the fact that some people may find them offensive. Just as long as you keep Christianity well away from me, we'll get along splendidly smile

...the Bible you should remember isn't one book, but 66 books written by 66 different people with different opinions.

If you're entirely against what the bible teaches, you're against just about every possible view point.

Yeah, there are some points in the Bible where some of the authors are homophobic ("The deepest pits of hell are reserved for traitors and sodomites"), but there are also points where it says to accept everyone, no matter what ("Love all people as you would love your children").

There are points which say that God is a merciless overlord who will kill anyone who defies him, and other points which say that God will forgive anyone who truly feels that what they've done is wrong.

To refrain, the Bible isn't just one set of opinions: it's many different opinions by many different people, written and translated over the course of thousands of years.  

GilAskan
Crew

SaiBlackNight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:39 pm
GilAskan
omnimodus

...the Bible you should remember isn't one book, but 66 books written by 66 different people with different opinions.

If you're entirely against what the bible teaches, you're against just about every possible view point.

Yeah, there are some points in the Bible where some of the authors are homophobic ("The deepest pits of hell are reserved for traitors and sodomites"), but there are also points where it says to accept everyone, no matter what ("Love all people as you would love your children").

There are points which say that God is a merciless overlord who will kill anyone who defies him, and other points which say that God will forgive anyone who truly feels that what they've done is wrong.

To refrain, the Bible isn't just one set of opinions: it's many different opinions by many different people, written and translated over the course of thousands of years.

Well stated.

My facts aren't perfect, but I believe a few people wrote mulitiple books.

smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:16 pm
SaiBlackNight
GilAskan
omnimodus

Well stated.

smile

Thank you, and I believe you're correct: a few books were written by the same people. However, that being said, the Bible was still written by 40+ different people.  

GilAskan
Crew

omnimodus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:32 am
GilAskan
SaiBlackNight
GilAskan
omnimodus

Well stated.

smile

Thank you, and I believe you're correct: a few books were written by the same people. However, that being said, the Bible was still written by 40+ different people.

Interesting fact.
Mass contradictions.
No wonder there's religious confusion in Christianity.

I think it's more the concept of "God" himself that I don't agree with. I'm just not a believer. And I never will be.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:12 pm
omnimodus
GilAskan
SaiBlackNight
GilAskan
omnimodus

Well stated.

smile

Interesting fact.
Mass contradictions.
No wonder there's religious confusion in Christianity.

Mmhmm. The same thing could be said about Islam. Massive religious wars have been thought for thousands of years between Muslims who essentially believe the exact same things, save for one or two translations of the Qu'Ran.

Muhammed (the founder of Islam) taught that all people were equal, yet many Islam denominations believe that men are superior to women and that arabs are superior to all other races.  

GilAskan
Crew

SaiBlackNight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:44 pm
Christianity and the bible are not contradictory.

The reason why so many people believe it is, or they think that they have found a place in the bible where it contradicts itself is because they have not fully understood the text.

What i mean by this is they miss 'interperited' somewhere. See, when reading the bible, a lot needs to take place.

People need to remember when the text was written, and how people understood it then. They need to read the surrounding text, because without that it means nothing. They also need to read up on their history, and understand what things meant back them.

Take for example the prodicle son (excuse my spelling). It says that the father ran to his son. Now, we look at this and say...so? Well, back then older men did not run, it was a matter of pride. This father threw away his pride to greet his son, so it does have meaning. But to us, it means nothing so we need to understand the times back then and the way that things were done.

So many things go into reading the bible that people do not realize, and so many people take things out of context. If you do that, then you can find contradictions yes. But that's only because you're not reading it in context.

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff