Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Pink_Furby

8,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:35 am

no way r cradle posers, but yeah i dont think there quiet goth more metal on the verge of goth
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:56 am

C.O.F posers why thats not even a real thought who ever said that must have been drunk.......

MistressBlood666

3,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:02 pm

The_Pink_Furby
no way r cradle posers, but yeah i dont think there quiet goth more metal on the verge of goth

Actually, they have virtually no goth elements whatsoever.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:47 am

Bash me if you will, but I consider COF gothic. Perhaps it's what kind of metal I've been exposed to and what I consider metal: heavy, distorted, fast, and lots of solos. Like for me, Metallica is borderline metal-not really heavy enough for me.

In my opinion, Nymphetamine is undeniable goth. It goes from soft to strained, and I really like that effect. I personally classify gothic music as music with more musical talent than metal/punk/emo you name it, Apocalyptica is an exception of course.

Vampire-Elf of the Void

Chibi Itachi139

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:10 pm

This reminds me of a past experience.
Once, I couldn't sleep. Not that I sleep much anyway, but meh. I tried listening to the Sounds of Nature CD.You know, the one that is suppost to help you get to sleep? Well, I had a dream that I was being burnt at the stake after being found guilty of the consumtion of a villager's blood. Right when I thought that I'd died, I woke up. It turned out that the track it was on was "Camp Fire". "******** this," I thought, and I broke the CD two. I then popped in Cradle of Filth : Nymphetamine and went to sleep, dreamt that I got away with bleeding some villager dry, and woke up refreshed in the morning. True story.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:49 pm

rofl @ Chibi

The band is not Goth Rock, though they are somewhat Goth Metally occaaaasionally. And the members themselves are definitely Goth. Either way, they're awesome. smile

I love Beneath the Howling Stars.

Ether-Eating Eskimo

Hyatt-Insomnia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:45 pm

Cradle of Filth is melodic metal.
NOT death metal.
NOT "hardcore" metal.
NOT black metal.
NOT industrial [wtf?]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:27 pm

They have had some Black Metal songs...

And I agree, where'd Industrial come from? domokun

Ether-Eating Eskimo

Melsza

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Hyatt-Insomnia
Cradle of Filth is melodic metal.
NOT death metal.
NOT "hardcore" metal.
NOT black metal.
NOT industrial [wtf?]

Lol, I know this is a bit of a bump, but Cradle are one of my favourite bands and I'd like to point out where you're wrong here.

You're right that they're not Death Metal, but to the untrained ear some of their songs would definitly sound like that, despite the lyrics not having any death metal context.

Hardcore metal? Metalcore? Uhm...

Black metal, yep they used to be black metal, and their stuff now is melodic black metal, just because they're not bloody norwegian or vberkvlttrve bm doesn't mean they're not black metal. Their old stuff even had the super necro production quality!

Industrial, meh some of their songs are industrial/coldwave, like Snuff Princess.

Goth metal, read about 5 lines of their lyrics from any song and you can tell the gothic influences. Also they have a completely gothic aesthetic with a hint of BM; no bullet belts heh.

I think you can preety much class them as part of the gothic subculture if you wish; they have the physical appearance and the sound of their music may not sound like the bauhaus but the lyrical matter is the same as the original gothic music from years ago.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:24 pm

Not really sure if you can call them poseurs... I mean, I don't recall them ever saying that they were trying to be a style of music that they're not.

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:28 pm

cradle are dumb dani filth looks like a demented midget that sounds like a cat screaming in a blender.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:53 pm

o.O Y u k i O.o
cradle are dumb dani filth looks like a demented midget that sounds like a cat screaming in a blender.

More like a pack of nails being scratched against a blackboard.

Nero PsyKoTiX

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Nero PsyKoTiX
o.O Y u k i O.o

More like a pack of nails being scratched against a blackboard.

or both at the same time
also the band looks like a halloween store exploded on them
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:52 am

Not really, he just looks like any other person wearing gothic clothes and having dreadlocks.

Melsza

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:25 pm

Melsza
Not really, he just looks like any other person wearing gothic clothes and having dreadlocks.

Not really.

Dani Filth's image is meant to resemble that of a black metal artist, NOT a goth.

Dani Filth:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Typical Black Metal Artist Look (from Carpathian Forest):

Typical Goth Artist Look (Dave Vanian):

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff