Buttercup and Westley are
  twins!
  lovers
View Results

Twilights_dawn13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:37 pm
I loved the movie but i haven't had a chance to read the book yet  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:29 pm
I've seen the movie, and it's AWESOME! "He didn't fall? Inconceivable!" but I've never had the chance to read the book. I'm sure I'd enjoy it if I did.  

JRay18

Lakkira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:28 pm
I watched the mive and thought it was okay....but haven't read the book yet...hehheh....goal of the week. find a copy of the princess bride!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:16 pm
Interesting read, I can give it that. Haha  

Ignorance Xx is xX Bliss

` s a e k o

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:48 pm
{One final heartbreak...}

I just love the Princess Bride. It's always
been one of those books that I
can read and re-read over and
over again. I do believe that I've
fallen in love with every single
character, except Prince Humperdink.
And I even memorized the marriage
speech that the priest gives just before
Buttercup marries the prince. Amazing
book, I know I'll love it forever <3
(By the way, its x10 better than the
movie, so don't compare it to that.
Alot of my friends didn't want to read
it because they had seen the movie
a million times, but after I convinced
them to read it, they agreed that it
was an amazing book and waaaay
better than the movie. Though the
movie was really good too n_n)

[{Comment my profile please?}] :]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:44 pm
I had fun with the book when I found it; though I saw the movie first. They really are similar. The author of the edited version (I don't realy even know if there is an original version or not...) has a very interesting running commentary alongside the book.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:52 pm
This is one of my favourite films, I make all my friends watch it smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:52 am
i've never read the book but i saw the movie! it was hillarious! blaugh  

Black Rose 613

Mara Jade Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:09 am
this is my absolute favorite movie! and book! I have made all of my friends watch it if they hadn't already. and it's showing at the old movie theater near my house this weekend, yay!!!! I've already gone once, like 3 years ago, but who cares. I can practically say the entire thing without watching it..... heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:36 pm
Harbone
I rather liked the book. And, I might add, it had one of the finest end paper maps of any fantasy book I've encountered in a long time. Well, the edition I read had a great map of Florin and Guilder, anyway, complete with false perspective, detailed renderings of places like "the Menagerie" and some rather funny fish pictures.

My dad had one of the earliest paperback editions of the book complete with a fold-out map; I read it and took care of it, then my brothers read it and it came back to me with the cover and half the map missing. I felt like I could murder them.  

Celestiara

kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:53 pm
I must say, The Princess Bride is my favorite movie of all time, and one of my favorite books. It's just so witty and fun.

And on the subject of Buttercup's Baby, the supposed sequel, this is what I found on Wikipedia:
"The epilogue to some later editions of the novel, notably the 25th anniversary edition, mentions a sequel, Buttercup's Baby, that was having trouble getting published because of legal difficulties with S. Morgenstern's estate. This sequel seems to be just as fictional as S. Morgenstern's unabridged edition, though later editions actually reprint Goldman's "sample chapter" of this book. The most recent, 30th anniversary edition of the book, included hints to the sequel's plot, and a promise to have the full version completed before a 35th anniversary edition (2009)."

I guess I have the 25th anniversary issue of the book, as the copy I have has the first chapter of the novel, though I was under the assumption that it was a joke by the author, and was to be left unfinished...but apparently, it is possible that it will be finished...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:11 pm
I like this book but the endings i thought were reaching  

murphyad

felicity_mills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:33 am
Haven't red the book or seen the movie maybe one day have I finish my stories. heart 4laugh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:12 am
def read the book. baddness happened when watched the movie with a terrible fever, half delirious,and the stupid swap rat thing came outta nowhere and i fell outta my chair sad and i KNEW it was comin.g.*shakes fist at movie*  

Domiera

5,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Wissakins

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:12 am
This is one of the few instances where I've watched the movie before reading the book. I was only 7 when the movie was released though, so I have an excuse.

The Princess Bride has been a staple of my childhood. Mum and I used to watch it at least once a year (more if I could convince her to rent it again). So when I got older and realized it was a book (years down the road), I instantly bought it. Honestly, all I remember about the book is that it was funny. The movie has been such a part of my life that the book really didn't affect me enough to stay in my mind. I guess at some point I'll have to go back and re-read it.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff