Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Current Guild Model Competition Center New Comp !! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:04 pm

Ophiuchus
ZAFT NO TAMENI.
I like the warboss, but not his followers. I like my squigs... um.. Squig-like. Not genestealer shaped. sweatdrop

Vance, we all know about already.

My guy... is like. Old or something. I don't know why I gave him white hair.
He looks kinda zombie-ish with the dark circles around his eyes.

Or like he got hit in the nose with a baseball, that can do it too. xp

Good try on the facial features, though. Looks alot better than most of my attempts at such. Try Brown Ink instead of black, for around the eyes, though; it's not quite as blaring.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:32 pm

Ophiuchus
ZAFT NO TAMENI.
I like the warboss, but not his followers. I like my squigs... um.. Squig-like. Not genestealer shaped. sweatdrop

I did it like that cause my warband are the Metel ' Eads orks that are totaly obsesed with machines and machine implants every model in the army has machine limbs, lungs, and heads and my kanz are scratch built henze the all machine warboss and his cybork buddys, and besides nids are just as nasty and what better trophie then a genstealer thats been killed, collected, and re-built my Grots slaver also has a cyber squig made from a turmagaunt, and its just fun puting machine parts into nidz twisted so its a matter of what you like, I like messed up cyborks but some people don't and thats what the game is all about diversity in the players biggrin

I like the Zaft guy he looks like he'd shoot you in the back if you tried to run

and the marine is cool but I'm waiting for some chaos marine to shoot him in the gut as he stands there over his slaughters opponent xp lol

Drakeoss Dragoon

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:15 pm

Yours, I love the converting, I don't like the paint-job so much. It seems like a Boltgun Metal basecoat, with pretty minor detail painting, apart from the jaw, which looks well-textured.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:32 pm

DarkElf27
Ophiuchus
ZAFT NO TAMENI.

Good try on the facial features, though. Looks alot better than most of my attempts at such. Try Brown Ink instead of black, for around the eyes, though; it's not quite as blaring.
I didn't use black ink. I use chestnut ink. Which I think is called brown ink in the states. I do elf flesh, chestnut ink wash, quick coat of elf flesh over the top. Brings out the features somewhat. The problem is the flash sort of... nullified his pupils. He does have dots in those eyes...

Ophiuchus

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:38 pm

Ophiuchus
DarkElf27
Ophiuchus
ZAFT NO TAMENI.

I didn't use black ink. I use chestnut ink. Which I think is called brown ink in the states. I do elf flesh, chestnut ink wash, quick coat of elf flesh over the top. Brings out the features somewhat. The problem is the flash sort of... nullified his pupils. He does have dots in those eyes...
We have Chestnut and Brown, I use straight brown. Try using Dwarf Flesh around the eyes, with very light inking. That works better for me. Here's an example. (Model I sent to Brookman earlier this year...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/DarkElf27/DSCN0468.jpg
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:34 pm

DarkElf27
Yours, I love the converting, I don't like the paint-job so much. It seems like a Boltgun Metal basecoat, with pretty minor detail painting, apart from the jaw, which looks well-textured.

thanks as for the boltgun I was keeping in mind that he's basicly a walking machine with a bit of ork brain inside one of my meks experiments twisted

Drakeoss Dragoon

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:43 pm

Drakeoss Dragoon
DarkElf27

thanks as for the boltgun I was keeping in mind that he's basicly a walking machine with a bit of ork brain inside one of my meks experiments twisted
Marines walk around in a giant suit made of exotic metals. They aren't shiny silver.

Metal can be painted in non-metal colors. Military tanks are painted. Hell, even aircraft are painted. Something metal is shiny, which lights it up like a christmas tree on a battlefield.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:47 pm

15 votes.... 1400 members, and we get 15 votes?

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:37 pm

I vote a tie all around(Let me explain!). While I'd say the Warboss is among the better converted ones there, I'd say Ophi has the best painted squad(Though I may need to look again) and that Dark Elf has the most scenic character.

I shoulda scanned my Term-Chaplain. He'd a kicked all your rumps.

EDIT: I'll post pics tomorrow, outta time for tonight and the Pics I did scan were of horrible detail...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:58 pm

I loved the Warboss. He looked so awsome. ANd the robo squig/genestealer was damn funny.
He gets my vote.

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:12 pm

lord_illpalazzo
I loved the Warboss. He looked so awsome. ANd the robo squig/genestealer was damn funny.
He gets my vote.

I don't know, the Ork looks to Legoish to me, but what do I know, DE's (depending on which picture you look at) model makes me think of Triple H, or he's trying to be touch by an angel. Though, Ophi's me think of Star Trek for some reason.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:24 pm

Drachyench_The_Eternal
I vote a tie all around(Let me explain!). While I'd say the Warboss is among the better converted ones there, I'd say Ophi has the best painted squad(Though I may need to look again) and that Dark Elf has the most scenic character.

I shoulda scanned my Term-Chaplain. He'd a kicked all your rumps.

EDIT: I'll post pics tomorrow, outta time for tonight and the Pics I did scan were of horrible detail...
That's all well and good, but I'm not going to ask Steer Pike to provide 7500 gold for 3 first-prizes. confused

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

ExLibrisMortis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:24 am

Ah no offense guys but if i had a good camera and i knew about this earlier... ugh i would have first place.....

lol everytime i come in here the ork always leading by like sooooo much
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:37 pm

ExLibrisMortis
Ah no offense guys but if i had a good camera and i knew about this earlier... ugh i would have first place.....

lol everytime i come in here the ork always leading by like sooooo much
Everyone says that. rolleyes I was rushed for time, and had to enter an old model. All the model comps start in the Modelling subforum, for future reference.

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash