Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Choir of Happiness (1x1 Murder Mystery) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:55 pm
User Image

It was quite a while as there were nothing more than simple talk and idle chatter at the dinner table, Baba talking about the great pranks she's done while not giving out the major ones that had her under custody, while Wolfy talked about other stuff while working on her homework as she also used this opportunity to ask help from either of the other three for help with more complicated questions, but only asked for hints rather than answering the questions themselves; it was mostly Morgan who's being asked due to Baba noting how he's already gotten his doctorate in business. Finishing up his strudel finally, time had passed for quite a while now as the sun was close to setting judging by how dim the forest has become outside. Little candles lit around the house as the fireplace went up ablaze before settling itself down to a cozy fire.

"Guess it's our cue to leave, thanks for having us guys." Morgan thanked Baba and Wolfy as she returns the thanks for Morgan and Syn visiting. Wolfy looked at Syn for a bit placing a finger on her lips as she looked at Baba, "Hey, Baba, let's all take a selfie why don't we, Morgan can send me a picture of this moment." she said as Morgan and Baba only raised an eyebrow, though after much thought, Baba looked like that would be nice as if she's taking a family picture. "Meh why not, in any case it's like taking a selfie with any celebrity these days." Baba pretends to care like it's nothing to boast, though Morgan smiled a bit knowing that she's happy. "Well I've got my camera." he said as he pulls it out for a group shot by the table. "Everyone say cheese." with a knowing smile and everyone else doing their own toothy smile, he took the photo and one more for the occasion. "There we are, I'll be sure to send it to you Wolfy." saving the picture, sharing it to her phone. "Sweet, I'll have to order a frame for this." smiling though Baba seemed a bit sad that Morgan and Syn had to go now.

Ooc:
DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Syn sat back and just listened to the babble around him and found that he kind of liked it. He watched as Wolfy asked Morgan questions about her homework. He had been surprise to learn that the other had a doctorate in Business. It was very impressive and made him wonder why he was working as a Detective. Ah, well. He would probably find out in the future if Morgan ever decided to tell him. If ever. He smiled to himself once he saw the candles and fire[lace light themselves as it was a very impressive piece of magic. "Yes, it must nice meeting you both." he said after a moment before standing up and bowing to the two women. He blinked at the request for a selfie but he had no problem with it and nodded his head. He stared at Morgan when he produced a camera, wondering if he had had it the entire time before getting into the shot with the others. He used his own phone to snap a pic of the photo from himself before watching the others. He noticed that that Baba seemed sad to see them go and wondered. "Hey, Baba. Is okay if I come and visit sometime?" he asked her as both he and Morgan started to leave.

F-XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:29 am
User Image

Baba's face lit up as a smile grew wide, she tried to fight off a tear but gave Syn a nod, "Oh of course, you're more than welcome to visit any time." her sad face no longer there as she looked more like any old woman who enjoys the company of others. Her home seemed like that of someone who'd prefer to be alone, but meeting her in person says the opposite. Morgan felt a lil moved as he figured he'd pay Baba a surprise visit one of these days. "Alright Baba, Wolfy, you guys take care alright." Morgan waved by the door, "Da, thank you for visiting, you two take care as well alright, don't get hurt or anything." She waved a finger at Morgan and Syn telling them rather than just saying that, Wolfy waved good bye grabbing another dessert, her fifth as of now. Morgan chuckled as he just waved back, "Alright, I can drop you off at your place if you want or if you need to go some place else." Looking over at Syn before unlocking the car from the driver's side.

Ooc: Page 4, I'm actually amazed how well this is going. Feels more like an episode from a crime drama than a murder mystery. ( '~ ' )
DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:51 am

Syn nodded. "Okay, then. Then I will visit on my next day off." he replied with a smile at the two. Maybe bring some homemade snacks while he was at it. "We will. You have a good night." He added with another smile before heading to the door. He looked over to Morgan as they made their way to the car. "You can drop me off at hoke, please. I have no where else to go today." He replied as he slid into the passenger seat once the door was open. He made aure he was buckled up before he settled down and waited for the other male to get in and start the car. To say had been rather interesting and he was glad that he had taken up Morgan's offer to come here. To think that he met Baba Yaga was a bonus. Though, he doubted that anyone would believe him even with the photo, so he would just keep it to himself for now.

F-XylilShrink

Occ: Yeah. Me too. I can tell. Do you want it to get darker after this?  

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:55 pm
User Image

Nodding that Syn doesn't have anywhere else to go but home, the engine started when Morgan got in and turned the key in the ignition. Checking things and fastening his seat belt, the two were on their way back to the city, which was as tricky as it was getting in, though Morgan was able to recall the way out. Soon it was nothing more than a few minutes before they're on the freeway again. Something was bugging Morgan a little as he wondered about what Baba did to his arm, moments where he'd drive with one hand and squeezing his left hand before driving with two hands. He stopped for a while not finding anything else from just squeezing his hand. The moment they're within the city by a traffic light on a red light, Morgan looked at his hand again as he squeezed it tighter this time seeming to remember the first time crime scene.

"The murders have been happening for at least a year as far as I can recall, though a week before they called me in, the first body they found was the eighth victim and a day later other bodies began to pop out. A lot of calls were made and the mayor was forced to take action so here I am, being moved to a fairly new environment surrounded by almost every type of magical creatures." Telling what happened before he was called in to assist local law enforcement with the murder cases, the light went green as the car was in motion.

Ooc: I think what the antagonist do in this story is already a dark presentation. I'm okay with crime drama type of murder mystery, reminds me of Castle or NCIS. Wouldn't want a genre like this becoming like Sin City. ugh (> ~< )
DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Syn just sat back and relaxed as the car started and Morgan started to drive off. He took off his hat to get a better look at the pin that Baba had gifted him, fascinated by it as it was still animated. It was cute and maybe it could lead him to Baba when he decided to visit her again. Which would probably be the weekend as he had to work the rest of the week. Yay. He was brought out of his thoughts as Morgan started to speak. He noticed that the other was squeezing his hands from one to the other and wondered what that was about. He then turned his attention back to what the Detective was talking about. He blinked when Morgan started telling him all about the cases and why he was brought in to help with them. "Yeah. I can understand that." he replied after a second of thinking about it, remembering the time where he had came to the city as was surrounded by other creatures that weren't elves. "So, why decided to tell me this?" he asked as he kept an eye out on his apartment complex while continuing to listen to Morgan and his answer as they drive through the green light.

F-XylilShrink

Occ: Heavens no. Maybe Syn should be the next victim of choice or do you have a plan?  

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:44 pm
User Image

Morgan just smiled at Syn's question, "A week ago, my father would've wanted me to retire from my current career and work with him at his brokerage firm. He was okay when I told him that I can't thanks to being called in for the case. Guess I could've been a broker had I declined for the case, but when I've got friends here and made new ones here, I only thought about their safety." a subtle smile when he mentioned friends, he let out a soft sigh as he wonders to himself. Thinking more of how to save others rather than himself, looking at Syn, he is a witness to the case in which the serial killer might have to deal with, though he didn't wanna have Syn have an officer on duty watch over his house or have him spend the night at the detective's house. "Well watch yourself out here and if anything happens just-" A loud thud as a body had fallen on the hood of the car which caused the detective to react when the car nearly hit a few other cars, stopping next to a light pole, pedestrians were at shock, some quickly moving away.. Reeling himself out of the chaos that happened he looked over at Syn.

"You okay kid?" he asked checking his surroundings as other civilians around saw what happened as some came over to help including those who were driving. Morgan took out his phone as he called in dispatch about what happened.

Ooc: Well like any main antagonists of a series, they wouldn't strike again when they're nearly caught, it ain't pretty. ( >A < )
DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:57 pm
Occ: That is true...

Syn was silent as Morgan continued to talk about his life and the friends he had made here. He could understand wanting your friends to be safe and doing all you can to keep it that way. He had a few friends himself, so he knew what Morgan meant. Though the parent thing, he could not. He barely remembered them at this point as he had been rather young when he lost them. The only thing he could recall was a fire breaking out and screams. But over the years he had pushed it to the back of his mind. He was about to respond to his concern when a body hit the top of the car. "What...?!" he cried out as Morgan tried to get the car under control. He just stared at the body before snapping out of it when Morgan asked him if he was okay. "Y-Yeah, I'm okay." he said after a minute of finding his voice before getting out of the car and taking a stand away from the body while getting a better look at it. Where had this body come from?

Then, that's when he felt it. That same feeling that had overcome him at the park but it was stronger this time. He instantly clapped a hand to his mouth as he felt like he was going to be sick as well as that itch and had to lean against a nearby lamp post to keep from collapsing.

F-XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:21 pm
User Image

Morgan was on the phone still as he got out, a few bystanders that came over to help where checking to see if either Morgan or Syn were fine, he just waved them off telling them he's fine. Being able to get through dispatch he cleared his throat. "Yeah this is Detective Morgan, can you send a team over to ugh..." He looked around for the street sign as he relayed it to the dispatcher. "Send an ambulance as well, yeah I'll still be here." Looking at the body, the victim appears to be Reiptílí. In a sigh of frustration, Morgan saw a few people pointing up at a building which seemed to be where the body fell from, only the roof wasn't empty as a silhouette is seen giving an ominous presence. Morgan could tell who it was as the figure left, "Lemme borrow that." he said to a civilian who was on the phone with the police after showing his badge holding it beside his ear when the individual gave him their phone. "This is Detective Morgan, suspect was spotted above the Neoti Office, send backup immediately, I want that structure on lockdown." he handed the individual back their phone.

"Syn stay here." Morgan said as he's headed towards the building. A few adventurer types followed behind Morgan which he didn't mind since guilds are required to help aid in law enforcement, some were helping out in controlling the crowd while others check to see if there were any injured people.

Ooc:

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Syn wasn't feeling to well but tried to warn Morgan about something but he was already gone along with a few people he knew were from a guild. He happened to look up and see the shilloute of someone on top of the building and he felt the pressure build. The nausea kicked up a notch amd before he knew it he was falling. "Hey! Are you okay?!' came a few panicked voices. No. He was not okay but he could not convey this. His head was pounding and his vision swimming. This was bad. Whoever that person was up on the building, he was bad news. Really bad if he could affect him from his far. Eventually he could no longer stay conscious and his world went dark and he fell back, the last thing he felt was being caught and raised voices. He hoped Morgan would be okay. It was the last thing he thought before falling limp in whosoever arms had caught him.

F-XylilShrink

Occ:  

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:40 am

Nohlan Street Crime Scene

Hours had passed as the sun had already set, the street is littered with cop cars and a forensics team who're crowded around Morgan's vehicle, emergency lights flickers around and the sound of civilians behind a tape line clamber around trying to get a view and causing a commotion, a few news reporters providing a report of what happened while one reporter tries asking an officer for statements of which he/she cannot disclose yet. Statements are being taken by witnesses and the building that the suspect was last seen on is being surrounded by a barrier as both adventurers and police units scour each floor, though the detective knows that the serial killer Ankou, had already vanished as he held a photo of what was taken as another team was busy working on the roof which is where the murder took place.

The photo were of words written in the victims blood, Morgan just crumbled the photo and tossed it into the back of the squad van. Sighing he looked to the side where an ambulance was parked, a paramedic was busy checking Syn's vitals and a few healers closing up injuries of people who were involved in the accident with scraps and small cuts, Morgan had yet to enter the structure before when he heard someone saying Syn had passed out. A paramedic was also tending to Morgan after his slight show of frustration that the killer is still on the run, but now that the killer choose to say he'll be taking a break; it did not sat too well with Morgan. As the victim's body is being wrapped up by the coroner after being examined, his assistant carries the body into the coroner van while he himself walks over to Morgan giving his analysis of the victims time and estimated death. Morgan nodded and thanked the coroner as they leave to examine the body back in the lab.

Ooc:
DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:51 am

Syn was placed on a gurney as he was still out of it. The other healers on the scene kept away from his as his magic had somehow activated as a defense mechanism and shot out at anyone who got too close. It was a reaction to feeling all that negative energy from earlier and it was protecting him just in case the source came back. Meanwhile, deep inside his mind he was trying to get himself together. He had to wake himself up and tell Morgan what he had figured out but it was kinda hard as it was trying to swim through mud. After a few more minutes, he managed it and woke up with a gasp and reigned in his power until it no longer affected the area around him which had become overgrown with vines for the most part. He blinked a few times, his eyes glowing green before calling back the vines and getting himself under control after a few more seconds. He groaned, sitting up while holding his head gingerly, trying to get his bearings and balance himself. "Oh...what happened?" he asked, before looking around at the chaos before him. Ah. Right. The dead body. "Excuse me, but could someone please get me Detective Morgan?" he asked after reaching out to a nearby officer, tugging on his uniform to get his attention. He would feel better if Morgan was here.

F-XylilShrink

Occ:  

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Nohlan Street Crime Scene

The officer was thinking for a moment as he was preoccupied with his report, "Oh he should be by the coroner's van over there." He replied pointing at the van as Morgan was seen standing next to the medical examiner from before as they were looking at the victim's body. The same killer as there were crude cuts on the victim just like all the other, the tenth wasn't official but the eleventh has as Morgan just shook his head. The examiner looked up at Morgan with her reptilian eyes, "You know her?" she asked as Morgan was looking at the victim's face, he thought about it for a moment than recalled where he'd seen the victim, "Yeah, she's a librarian up in the public library in Main Street, College student too." answering in an angered tone before closing up the body bag. "Start on finding any magical trace on her since he's already done his ritual, get back to me whenever you can alright Nedi." he asked her as he looked at where Syn was and noticed he was awake. "Keep me posted." he later said as the medical examiner nodded her head as her and her assistant pushed the body into the van, Morgan walked over to where Syn is. "Hope your vines aren't invisible or anything, they gave one of the paramedics a slap on the face, how you feeling?" as he approached crossing his arms he looked at the busy medic as he waved it off to the detective, gesturing that the slap wasn't that painful. "Should've told you to run as far away from the area otherwise you wouldn't have collapsed under that negative pressure." Morgan added seeming a bit disappointed in himself for forgetting that Syn has a bad reaction to the negative energy.

Ooc:
DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Syn thanked the officer before deciding that he was good as started to stand. Unfortunately, his body didn't think so and he fell back onto the gurney with a grunt. Damn it. He was still a little weak from before. He saw Morgan over with the body and vaguely wondered if Morgan knew tue victim. Judging from his face, he did. Hmm. He was started out of his thoughts when Morgan approached him. "What?" Was his response to the question about the vines. "Ah. Sorry about that, sir. It's a defense mechanism." he started, giving the medic an apologetic shrug. "I feel like I got ran over by several cars. But I will live." he added, using the other makes arm as a support before using it to pull himself up, using him also as a balance, leaning against the other. "It's fine, Morgan. You couldnt have known. I will be fine after a few hours of rest. Don't be so down on yourself. But it's sweet of you to worry." he said, parting the other on the shoulder gently as he stables enough to stand on in his own.

F-XylilShrink

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:59 am
User Image

Looking around the place, it's more reason to keep Ankou's disappearance a secret and that if word gets out that he's not gonna be around, it'll only create more chaos and paranoia rather than telling the media. The adventurers' guild that was supporting today's hunt came back as Morgan had a small chat with everyone of them as he thanked them for assisting in helping out law enforcement. One of them inquired about the serial killer getting away as Morgan only told them to keep an eye out for the killer from here on out, those who're able to sense magic should also be aware of high negative levels of dark magic or negative energies. They all nodded and were dismissed. "Well I know a partial reward for assisting law enforcement isn't enough for that guild, but luckily the Guild Masters are the ones paying any guild members that helped out. Still kinda confusing but I suppose they're trying to get used to the modern times." He sighed to himself scratching the back of his neck, turning his head towards Syn, Morgan was afraid that he won't be able to bring Syn home as he'll be busy for the night. Looking off at the crowd of onlookers, Morgan tries to figure what to say as he sees an officer who just waved him off giving Morgan the thumbs up.

Crossing his arms, he just mouths out "Papers on my desk by the time I get back to the precinct." the officer nodded his head at Morgan continuing on with what she's doing. "Well I don't know how I'll get you home now, seeing as my car is totaled. But we can catch a cab and I can ride with you to your place. Though there's still a lot of paper work for me to look, might be a long night for me." Morgan sounded normal though he looked a bit unhappy looking at his car. "There goes 5 years of restoration." He looked at Syn with exhausted eyes as if asking the healer mage to knock him out with a sleep spell of sort.

Ooc:

DragonMistress07

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 43 44 45 46 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas