Welcome to Gaia! ::

ρєтαℓѕ σи тнє ∂яєαяу (Closed / Might be revamped)

Back to Guilds

Can you find what you're looking for and can you live with the consequences? 

Tags: Love, Romance, Heartbreak, Curse, Battle 

Reply City of Obyvatelé
Good Reads Bookstore Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeval_Silvertongue

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:04 pm
User Image
*~~Syndel Valafar~~*
*~~Syn~~*

User Image

Syndel had spent a couple hours in a call meeting, and it was very draining. Sitting back, she rubbed her temples before standing and stretching, it was when she was going to sit back down that she had heard a knock on her door. "Come in," She called out to, who was most likely Darya. As the door would open, she'd take a glance at the clock. Her eyes widened a little in surprise. "It that late already. Wow," She thought to herself then looked to her employee with a kind smile. "You are finished already," She inquired politely, though she knew they should be closing soon.

User Image

(O.O.C.: )
Ghost254

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:40 pm
【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±】 Day Change【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±】

November5thSunday

【± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±: . : ±】

Kurisuchin Saiyuki
Captain

Cheerful Otaku

20,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

Asra Karimi

Timid Otaku

24,365 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sakura
User Image

I really need to find a better way in getting around... Said Sakura as she looked down the hill her little jar stood atop of. Just below this hill was the street that leads to the bookstore she works at, the only problem is she had no idea how she would get herself there. Ok so I could try to push myself down the hill and onto the street and pray to the gods I roll all the way to work or hope someone comes by to help.. unlikely but.. wait.. no kitty no! She thought as a stray kitten batted at her jar. She tried with all her might to shoo the cat away but with no luck. The cat continued to bat at her jar and soon she was knocked on over and sent down the hill with no means to stop.

EEEEKKK SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!! She yelled with no luck as no one could hear her voice as rolled straight onto the street and into ongoing traffic. Cars swerved to avoid the jar which nearly causing an accident as another car had to slam onto their breaks in order to avoid a collision. Sakura continued to roll for what seems like minutes before she hit the side of the curve and landed straight in front of the bookstore, dazed and confused.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:42 pm
User ImageNOAH MORENO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Apparently not a witch by day, or by night.----Going to work----Alone----Get to know me

Noah tilted her head back and forth as she walked, stretching her neck and rolling her head. She was sore as hell. Fresh in from middle-of-nowhere Montana and already on her way to a job. Well, not fresh in the strictest sense of the word; she'd been lazing about for a few days before finally getting her a** up to find a job, which she would not have had she had a more full bank account.

She usually liked rain, but today it was just another irritant. A reminder that since she left home and arrived at this cursed town she was now in a powerless state, having the burden of holding up her own umbrella. If I could just use my fxxking powers, she thought, it wouldn't be fxxking raining right now, even though in reality, changing the weather was out of her control, even with her powers. She liked to think highly of herself. And though she wouldn't admit it, the weather was much warmer than the usual Montana fall, and up until now she had been loving it. She was just in a bad mood.

Additionally, this was going to be her first job. Up until now Noah had been lived a pretty cushy life. Although her parents had encouraged her to get a job before, she never saw the point since she already had the income of her allowance. But times change and whatnot. Now she was feeling incredibly unprepared. She'd hung out in plenty of bookstores, but being behind the counter? Is she supposed to know where things go? Is the dewey decimal system a thing that book stores do? Or was that libraries? Or both? The anxiety wasn't helping the aforementioned bad mood.

She was so caught up in her own thoughts and internal whining that unaware she had arrived at the bookstore, and then, caught up in the fact that she was suddenly there, didn't see the jar in front of her foot. Her shoe bumped it, and reflexively Noah did a stumbling half jump over to avoid crushing whatever she just hit. She turned around, bending down and squinting her eyes. What the fxxk is that.

Asra Karimi

OOC/ heyyyoooooooo nice to meet u  

Arisee

Dapper Dabbler

10,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Asra Karimi

Timid Otaku

24,365 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Sakura
User Image

Sakura would slowly snap out of her daze and confusion to find that she now stood at the door that leads into her workplace. Though terrifying that was... it got me to work She thought as she pushed on the lid in an attempt to pry it open. She would stop however as she felt a light bump on her jar and the girl looked over to find someone standing just over her. Finally a person! She pushed as hard as she could on the lid before it sprung open and Sakura materialized into a human-like form, most likely freaking the person out. H-Hi... umm... think you can help me inside please?

OOC: Nice to meet chu as well  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:13 pm
User Image
*~~Syndel Valafar~~*
*~~Syn~~*

User Image

Syndel was running late, having not slept well as she was now running down the sidewalk, umbrella in hand and purse around her shoulder under a rain coat. Dressed for the cold weather that comes with rain, she wore knee-high black knit socks under her knee-high black boots and dark blue jeans, wine-colored long-sleeved turtleneck sweater and black rain coat. As this petite woman got closer to her bookshop, she would skid to a stop just a couple feet from the girl at the door. "Sorry, we're not open yet," She told the pink-haired girl...And were her eyes playing tricks on her or was there a girl made of water?? Shaking her head, she could not wait any longer. With a sigh, she composed herself. "Lets get the day started," She thought, smiling kindly. "I'm sorry for the wait, but if you step aside, I'll unlock the door," She told them both.

User Image

(O.O.C.: Hello to both of you.)
Asra Karimi

Arisee

Aeval_Silvertongue

Timid Hunter

Arisee

Dapper Dabbler

10,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:08 pm
User ImageNOAH MORENO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Apparently not a witch by day, or by night.----Outside the store----With a water person?----Get to know me

Noah jumped back, almost falling over (thankfully catching herself though, because a wet butt on the first day of work would suck). She squatted on her toes and slowly leaned in towards the girl in the jar, too surprised to process what she had just said. She typically tried to keep herself poised, but if she could see herself now she would be embarrassed at what a stupid expression she had on. With one hand still holding her umbrella Noah reached the other out with one finger extended. In hindsight, poking your coworker before even saying hi was probably rude.

Before she actually got to poking her another woman appeared. At the first sentence she just blinked, but by the second her mind snapped back from the shock of a water person. She stood up abruptly. "Hey, uh - hi, do you work here? I'm supposed to work here, I'm starting today."

The previous incident popping back into her mind, Noah suddenly remembered the water girl. She quickly bent down, had a second of hesitation, then picked the jar up to face the new woman again. She was struggling to hold the jar with two hands and still keep her umbrella up. "I'm Noah." She couldn't recall a time she'd ever felt this at a loss for words before. "I, uh, don't know what this.. is."

Asra Karimi

Aeval_Silvertongue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Sakura
User Image

Sakuras' attention would shift from the pink? haired women as the sounds of footsteps would reach her ears. Just behind the pink hair girl would stand another woman, one with black hair and sporting a turtleneck. Sakura would quickly recognize her as Syndel the owner of the store and her boss. Good morning Syndel She would wave her hand before being picked up by the pink haired women known as Noah. THIS is Sakura and your fellow coworker She stated, looking up at her.

Arise

Aeval_Silvertongue

Asra Karimi

Timid Otaku

24,365 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Aeval_Silvertongue

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm
User Image
*~~Syndel Valafar~~*
*~~Syn~~*

User Image

Syndel looked from one to the other, not quite remembering hiring anyone, but then again, she's only seen Darya around. She'd had to admit though, she had wanted more workers. "Good morning," She replied carefully. She then looked up at the taller woman. "I see, she's new...and pretty," She thought with a kind smile. "Please forgive me, I'm Syndel Valafar, the owner," She replied then bowed her head in hello before walking up and carefully making her way to unlock the door. "Shall we head inside," She offered as she heard the familiar Ting-aling of the bell before walking in and then closing her umbrella.

User Image

Asra Karimi

Arisee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:34 pm
User ImageNOAH MORENO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Apparently not a witch by day, or by night.----At work----With coworkers----Get to know me

Noah looked down at Sakura, still finding it hard to believe what she was looking at. She was too flustered right now to process anything anyway. "Oh, sorry. Hey." She looked back at her new boss, smiled a little less than naturally, and nodded her head in return.

She walked in behind Syndel, grateful to finally be out of the rain and able to put this stupid umbrella down. She put Sakura down carefully on the nearest countertop, relieved to not literally be holding someone's life in her hands anymore. She closed her umbrella and slid off her jacket, then played with her hair a little to try to fix the static that move had caused.

As she smoothed stray strands down she finally took a look around the store and started wandering. It was nice -- really nice. "This is beautiful." She said absentmindedly. And, she noted to herself, not too big. I think I can manage this.

Asra Karimi

Aeval_Silvertongue

Arisee

Dapper Dabbler

10,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Asra Karimi

Timid Otaku

24,365 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 pm
User Image

Sakura
User Image

Sakura would giggle at how Noah was reacting to her. I guess this must be the first time she has seen someone like myself... then again, this isn't really common... She thought as Syndel unlocked the door for the three to enter. She was lead inside by Noah before being placed on top of a nearby countertop where she would probably set for most of the day, or until someone moved her. Right? There is something special about being surrounded by books She chimed as she would twirl around in her little jar. Sakura just loved books, why she applied here. She always wanted to be surrounded by books.

Arise

Aeval_Silvertongue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:41 pm
Sora Kitsu
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Kitsu walked from his home to the bookstore. Today he was going to finally get that book on kitsune. Well, maybe more than one. He didn't know exactly what he would find, but he wanted to try to find it.

He would push on the door, a tiny bell went off. He looked around and there were 3 females in the room. He had no clue where to start looking. He rubbed the back of his head, his ears were flat, and his tail was almost between his legs. He was a bit intimidated...

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

[[OOC: ]]

Asra Karimi
Arisee
Aeval_Silvertongue

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Aeval_Silvertongue

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:09 am
User Image
*~~Syndel Valafar~~*
*~~Syn~~*

User Image

Syndel looked from the girl with pink-hair to the water-like female with a kind smile, both to lighten the mood and because they were now out of the dreaded rain. "I hope you enjoy working here," She told them both as they seemed to settle Resting her umbrella on her shoulder casually, she looked around her shop before resting her dark gray eyes on the both of them. "I trust they will do well," She thought to herself.

"I trust you will do fine. I'll be in my office if you need anything," She told them, though just before she would turn to leave, it seemed the first test would arrive. Her attention turned to the customer that had entered, a fox, she thought with a bit of pleasant surprise. The petite young woman only bowed her head in greeting to the young man before turning and starting her way to the stairs.

User Image

Asra Karimi

Arisee

Youroka Kage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:29 pm
User Image

Sakura
User Image

Well I can already tell you that I will love working here Sakura stated as continued to look at all the books that were around her. She soon would try to reach for one that would catch her attention before a chime would ring. She would turn to look at the door to see what appeared to be a kitsune walk through the door. Oh Hello and welcome to good reads. Feel free to look around and if you need help finding anything, let us know. She said, smiling as she returned to trying to grab the book.

Arise

Aeval_Silvertongue

Youroka Kage

Asra Karimi

Timid Otaku

24,365 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Arisee

Dapper Dabbler

10,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:04 pm
User ImageNOAH MORENO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Apparently not a witch by day, or by night.----At work----With coworkers----Get to know me

Noah's feelings of confidence about her new job were more fleeting than she hoped they'd be. No training? Am I supposed to already know how to do things? Fxck. Today had already been a lot to take in, and she wasn't able to come up with any response to her boss' very sincere words. An unsure, "Uh-huh" was all that she got out.

Just like everyone else in the room, the sound of the bell caught Noah's attention. It was a kid with one of those cat ear headbands? They didn't look anything like the ones she knew were popular lately, much more realistic. Did they move too? Weird. I guess he cares about them looking real, he even got a tail and everything. Clearly being from no-where-ville Montana where the population was about 100% human farmers did not prepare Noah for living in this town.

Feeling hardly qualified to help anyone, Noah said nothing to their customer and turned around. She climbed the stairs to the second floor to take a better look at the place and check out some of the books. Once at the top she could read the section names. What kind of book store has an "ancient amphibians" section?

Noah felt unproductive and fidgety. She did some laps around the top floor before wandering back down to the main floor. Anxiety creeped up from her stomach, she hated not knowing what to be doing in a situation where she should, in theory, have something to do. When noon finally came she decided to call it a day. A quick "bye" to her boss and she was out of there, back in the rain and feeling like she'd just lived about four weeks in that one morning.

OOC/ sorry for the short post. i'm dead today, my week has been hectic.
also ancient amphibians is the most niche thing i could think of rn lmao

EDIT: edited her outta the store catch u guys l8r

City of Obyvatelé

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas