Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] A Brief History of Ultimate Hangouts (Shiloh/Kaleb) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 pm
Clear Skies

"Oh yeah, totes. They make bunches. I think I like clover the best though." He followed Kaleb's enthusiastic pointing, "s**t! Yes. I guess people could can ketchup if they wanted, but I don't think that's what that is..."

He led his friend over with excitement. Finally, the culmination of their efforts, what they came here for. The jelly. "There's a lot of good stuff here Kaleb! Actually, this sounds pretty fancy. Elderberry, oooo~" He was perusing the jars. "I got a bunch of this stuff for Jamie's parents last Christmas. They seemed to like it all. I think this is the same vendor even..."

Unhealthy Appetite

Shiloh took the bag with a silent score! look about his face. "Dude totally. You really should eat!" He puffed up a little, "I mean, I know a lot about missing meals too, but that's usually just when my depression's kicking my a**. Brownies aren't a great lunch but it's something. We can find a nice place to sit and feast like kings."

He held the door open for Kaleb this time. "Kings." He reiterated. "C'mon, c'mon!"

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Rainy day

"Yup, just like that." He laughed, "I wasn't this soaked though—" Shiloh held his own arms out to demonstrate that he was just as drenched, if not more so. For a guy who had plantblood though, he seemed to be enjoying it. "I'm glad too though. Look at us now! We're thick as thieves, buds for life, partners in crime, pow pow—" He punched the air.

After a moment of consideration, Shiloh bolted back into the rain, "C'mon Kaleb, we're already soaked!" He looked elated, maybe a little childish. "Live a little!"

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:46 pm
Hotdog Saturday

"Um..." Kaleb had no idea. They couldn't very well stand there all day dropping hotdogs on the ground while the rabbits went on with their day. "If we go forward they will probably run, but turning around might startle them too..."

After a second of silence, the freckled teen slowly crouched down, and then folded his legs under him to sit on the ground. The rabbits were wary, but not yet alarmed, and Kaleb could still see them from where he sat. Now he just had to figure out where to set down some of those hotdogs.  

Grey Dragon

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:53 pm
Clear Skies

"Honey just from clovers? How do they make sure the bees get those flowers and not something else?" Kaleb asked with a smile. Surely there was a mundane answer that didn't involve just telling the bees they were on clover duty, but it was more fun to imagine it that way.

He leaned forward, reading labels. "Apricot jam? It looks like marmalade, but with less of those little bits. How would you know if you liked some of these berries? I don't think I've ever had this... uh. Whatever this one is."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 pm
Unhealthy Appetite

"I don't usually feel like I need to eat lunch, it's so soon after breakfast," Kaleb mumbled, already distracted by extracting a corner of the brownie the moment they left the bakery. He tossed the piece into his mouth with surprising enthusiasm, and then licked some smeared chocolate off his fingers.

He smiled a brilliantly innocent smile. "If you don't have your usual appetite, text me or something, okay? I'll pick up another one of these and then maybe you will be hungry."  

Grey Dragon

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:07 pm
Rainy day

"Wait!" Kaleb squeaked diving into the rain after his friend. "It's cold out here though!" Despite his protests, he was smiling as he took off his glasses and tried to wipe them off. It only succeeded in smearing the water around. It looked like he was literally going into this adventure blind.

"You can't magic me a leaf crown or something, you know, to keep some of the rain off my glasses?" He asked with a lopsided grin as he tried to shield them with one hand. Then he froze for a second, smile fading. A clear umbrella-like shield appeared immediately above his head like a halo, and with water now dripping everywhere but on his face, Kaleb's grin was back.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:09 pm
Hotdog Saturday

Shiloh watched Kaleb. Sitting seemed like a very good idea actually. He did the same.

Now they were sitting and watching rabbits, but without much of the danger that came with potentially dropping like fifteen hotdogs.

"We should probably try to like. Actually eat these." Shiloh noted.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:09 pm
Clear Skies

"Kaleb! I'm not a bee keeper, Jesus." He was just a Noble and an Otherworld pillar of reality and s**t. He didn't know that much about bees. "That's actually a good question though..."

Good thing there was jam to scrutinize.

"That looks pretty good. Check this s**t out, it's mint jelly." He held up the green jar, "I dunno if I would ever use this, but it looks pretty. Oh! There's some blackberry. You can never go wrong with blackberry. Or grape, hmm..."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:10 pm
Unhealthy Appetite

Shiloh looked at that smile for a long time, but then after a while he just bumped shoulders with his friend, "Yeah, yeah. I'll consider it." But he was smiling too. This wasn't a boisterous, obnoxious Shiloh. This was a more serious side, a little more reserved, and so so so thankful and genuine.

"I guess I get that though. I usually don't wake up early enough for there to be that much time between breakfast and lunch... I guess that's why they have brunch?" He snorted, "Or you can go the snack-master route and just chomp on stuff here and there until it's dinner time." Tried and true method right there.

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:10 pm
Rainy Day

Shiloh was watching with wide eyes and a slightly gaped mouth—but then he was smiling too, wild and frenzied and so goddamn energetic. "Doesn't look like I have to! Give yourself more credit, punk." Like punk was a description anyone should ever use for someone like Kaleb, but Shiloh sure did it. Instead he took off again, his footsteps leaving lily pads in his wake, his hair sticking to his face and so much longer looking now that it wasn't held up by floof and curls. He didn't seem to mind the fact that he was getting water literally everywhere.

"I haven't done this s**t since I was a kid!" He stopped and skidded into a puddle, his shoes sending a wave of water into the street ahead of him.

Grey Dragon
my son is having fun and im crying

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:17 am
Hotdog Saturday

"Maybe if we eat the hotdogs, the rabbits will know we aren't interested in eating them," Kaleb murmured in agreement. For someone who knew so many things about so many different topics, he sure said some silly things at times.

He finally tore his gaze away from the rabbits and set two of his three remaining hotdogs on his knees and out of the dirt. Then he nibbled on the end of the third.

"In the city, the rumour is that it's the constant pollution that makes hotdogs from those street vendors taste good... Street meat," Kaleb offered in a whisper.  

Grey Dragon

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:18 am
Clear Skies

"Don't they pollinate your flowers? Are you sure you can't talk to them, in flower language or something?" Kaleb joked quietly, picking up another that was vaguely green. Then a look of shock crossed his face. "Wow, this is... kiwi jam."

He set it down quickly, unable to figure out how he felt about the odd preserve.

After a second he spoke up again, but not necessarily to help Shiloh with the jam conundrum. "Did you know bees can see ultraviolet light? Flower petals reflect light in the UV spectrum that we can't see, and that's where bees go for nectar."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:40 am
Unhealthy Appetite

Somehow Kaleb continued to smile under Shiloh's long look, but it was hard for him to interpret the reason for his friend's scrutiny. Had he said something wrong? Did he have chocolate on his face? His cheeks were beginning to turn a little pink from the unknown source of embarrassment, but Shiloh bumped his shoulder before it became full-blown discomfort.

"I'm usually up pretty early," Kaleb admitted. "Especially in the summer when the days are longer, it's super quiet and really calm before everyone else is awake." He paused, staring down into the paper bag with the brownie, itching for another piece. "I know it's weird and I should probably eat more, but I just don't get hungry, and then I don't even think about snacks..."  

Grey Dragon

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 am
Rainy Day

That was indeed the first time Kaleb had ever been called a punk. Then again, Shiloh was a first in many regards.

He dashed after Shiloh with a bit more confidence, following the little trail of lily pads until his friend suddenly stopped in place. Kaleb skidded right past with a yelp, before losing his balance entirely and coming to an ungraceful landing in the middle of the puddle.

"Ouch," he said with a little laugh, not even bothering to pick himself up at that point. He couldn't be more wet than he already was. "I... don't think I've ever done anything like this. What did I even slip on?"

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces