Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[?] The Conference (Main Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 pm
There had been weak greetings in turn from America, but as the group grew, she seemed to become a quieter, more shrinking presence. Not enough to twist her size, but more than enough to waver her willingness to be there. Friendly faces surrounded her, but as the gathering began to proceed and people take their places, the Noble table finally filled up.

Every person sitting there was either a tragedy forced by a noble or a betrayer to anyone close to them for the rights of nobility. It was miserable. Every face she saw at that table made her more and more miserable and as the fetch spoke, tears pricked her eyes and she sank down into the confines of her sweater and scarf. She didn't want to say anything. She didn't want to ask questions. This conference had already revealed more than she'd wanted to know.

Hopping down from the glass, Mr. Bitterberry stood in front of her, as if he was going to speak for the two of them instead.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:02 pm
Nasir cast a worried glance towards America, especially when she started to sink down into her chair. Trouble was wiggling in his chair, a chirp-chitter escaping as if to say hello to Mr. Bitterberry. The young man himself, very quietly, reached a hand out towards America.

A wordless you can hold onto my hand if it'll help at all.

lizbot

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 am
If there were any other way but this, Jamie would've taken it. Like Shiloh, he didn't want to be here, but despite his boyfriend's assurance that it would be alright if he chose to stay home, he'd come. Whether or not his presence would make a difference was questionable, but it felt like something he needed to do.

"I think we'll figure out something," he answered, then slipped into their headspace same as Shiloh had. I dunno whether it'll be what we wanna hear, but something... His eyes followed across the room to Lara, his response a warmth in their mind and nothing else. Jamie knew as much about Lara as Shiloh did, so not much at all.

"It, um, it seems like they're gonna be strict on seating," he muttered after Silk's interjection. He didn't want any trouble and even if he didn't have much respect for the Spinel Lady, he at least had some semblance of respect for her fetches. Still, he really didn't want to sit without Shiloh, but-

I'll be okay... Jamie promised and moved to the moonwalker table with a final squeeze of Shiloh's hand. We can talk like this. As he sat, his hand played at his chest where he could feel the outline of a key through his shirt. It went to the box that held the spell schema tucked away in his colorful fish bag, just like always now.

"Hi, Lily," he greeted very quietly. She didn't seem excited about having been forced into their assigned seating. Jamie wasn't exactly happy about it, either.

For a short moment he tried not to think about the heavy implications of what Silk had said. He'd have to think about it, but he'd take his time.

Melancholies
weeps

AMItotic
hey sis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:56 pm
    You're hopeless, Oliver did in fact do his trademark scowl, the eye roll very much present but only detectable in the way his eyebrows rose and fell behind the sunglasses. "It's not like I'm going that far..." He rubbed the back of his head as he started to wander away. It's really not that important, okay?

The were table was starting to populate a little, though. Jamie got a tiny wave as he took a seat next to him. Lily was unfamiliar to him. "Uh. Hi." He gave her a wave too, for good measure. "I'm... Oliver." He slowly—reluctantly—removed the sunglasses on his face and set them down on the table. The water got a dubious look. Jamie got a nudge under the table for the sanctity of the pack touch, which soothed him slightly.

This sucks... He thought over to Horace without realizing it. Silk's introductory speech was given little notice, mostly because he had nothing to add.

saedusk
jamieee

AMItotic
uh hi???

The Semblance of Unity
):

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:02 pm
    That's fine, Shiloh affirmed. The Noble table was right next to the one designated for Moonwalkers, so their bond held together effortlessly. Already he was starting to notice the obvious imbalance here; Jeremiah, Algernon, Lady, Ezra, Rabbit, Temperence, himself... and Hux? That was a face he hadn't seen in a long time, and the prescence of his fetch with him earned a doubtful squint. Beel had elected to stay behind; I trust you, he had said. It was ******** weird.

"Hey guys..." He greeted the Noble table quietly as Silk started to speak, his attention on her dutifully, the leather folio that held the court charter placed in front of him on the table. Would shattering the Charter really halt ending the cage? He wondered at Jamie, I mean, I wanna see it burn, but that's only because it's so... Court's so... well, you know.

He rolled his shoulder awkwardly. Unbeknownst to him, his beanie started to wiggle precariously on top of his head.

Quote:
im not quoting all the nobles but hey, hi

saedusk
bye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:29 pm
"Hi, Ollie," Jamie said, straightening in his stool. It was easy the way he found the hand that nudged him with his own, the backs of his fingers returning the gesture. The pack touch was welcome and warm.

"This is Lily," he continued, gesturing at her. Hopefully she didn't mind being introduced. "We've been together a long time," and he sounded pleased and affectionate to admit it. "Since this whole thing-" he gestured again with his free hand—he meant becoming a moonwalker, of course, "-started." She was like a sister to him.

Hearing Shiloh at the back of his mind as he carried on an entirely different conversation was strange in the way that it wasn't distracting. It was almost natural to shift into it like shifting into his own thoughts. I'm not sure if I believe that yet or not, he admitted to Shiloh. I... want to think they're telling the truth, but it's hard to believe anyone is anymore... I think we'll have to wait and see what else they have to say before we, y'know, jump to any conclusions.

Melancholies

AMItotic

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:30 am
Alg took his seat beside his husband, hands folding quietly in front of him as he watched people fill in and take their seats. There were looks of concern for some, their reticence and in some cases confusion.

He'd like to think the nobles were more and better prepared for this, but even that couldn't be said.

Shiloh's arrival was a bit refreshing, to see the young man in his normal clothes and not the veiled trappings of court.

"Shiloh," Alg smiled and gave a small wave before his face scrunched and he motioned to the young man's head, "Your um..." Hat. It's moving.

azuredreams

melancholies

noble table is not as fun as the kids table probably

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:10 am
Hux acknowledged each new arrival to the Noble table with a hard glance and a near-imperceptible nod of his head. It was very apparent now that, during his absence, quite a few people had volunteered as tithes. Including the woman that had saught him out after the ball and talked of responsibility as though she had all the right answers in this world full of wrong ones. What had her name been, again?

The tall noble squinted at the tiny card in front of her seat. Ah, Temperance. The irony of her name wasn't lost on him. For a flash of a second, he smirked.

By his side, Lilt still hummed quietly to herself. She watched those that had gathered settle themselves within their seats, knowing better than to try and attempt any sort of small talk with Hux when he was in one of his moods.

noble babiessss

happy bonsai

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:00 pm
Hopelessly amazing. He tapped his fingers on the table. If you say so... Horace didn't really believe it wasn't important, or Oliver would not have mentioned it in the first place. You're so far awaaaay from me, so far I just can't seeeee. This meeting is gonna blow. Everyone was at their tables, in their assigned places.

Horace slanted a glance at America. You okay? he thought forcefully at her. Leila said he could do that, but not everyone could respond. Wait, where was Leila anyway?

After a moment, he looked at Silk and opened his mouth. "I appreciate your candor and willingness to assist within your motive. Can I assume that you will be able to detail why maintaining the Charter is the best move, rather than a dissembling? Also, why the different tables?"

shibrogane
lizbot
melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:11 pm
The were table was filling up relatively quickly, but Preacher's seat remained empty.

-----------------

Temperance twisted around on the stool to look at Silk. Any questions she would ask now might seem silly, she thought, and surely some of her fears could be laid to rest. She was a little confused as to how destroying the Charter would bring ruin to Melany, now The Lady... well.

"Hi, Shiloh," she said in return. It seemed as though the table of nobles were the most taciturn. Or perhaps they were just the ones most willing to wait. She laid her notebook on the table and got her pen - teal, with tiny hearts all over it. Temperance was ready, sort of.

melancholies
just a hii

the quietest table

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:59 pm
Lily's expression was impassive during all of Silk's speech, but it softened when she saw Jamie. "How's it hanging, Space Jam?" She leaned across the table, sliding her hand out to holdable range if Jamie wanted. She blinked, then nodded at Oliver's introduction, using her other hand in a soft salute.

"Howdy," she greeted, her voice low so that it wouldn't be mistaken for part of the Important Conversation happening. "Sorry, thought you were someone else for a minute." She looked from him to the noble's table, taking note that Shiloh was definitely there, and then looking back to Oliver, tilting her head. "How long have you been pack?"

melancholies

saedusk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:35 pm
Silk ignored the talking that wasn't directed at her, choosing instead to wait patiently. Horace, as the first person to speak, got a full dose of that forehead-poke feeling that came along with her attention. "The Charter provides structure and stability to those of us who cannot simply leave this side of the Veil," she said, "though we are open to any solution which both causes no harm to the Lady and allows us a place in either world."

She looked away. "As for the tables, it is tradition. We don't know your politics; it seems safest to us to pair like with like, and in this way prevent clustering and to promote the inclusion of those within your class that you may not know."

The official GM post for today will arrive tonight at 8pm PDT

AMItotic
Lily
cibarium
Leila
Daekie
Ashton
lizbot
America
Melancholies
Shiloh and Ollie
saedusk
Jamie
Smerdle
Rabbit
The Semblance of Unity
Preacher&Horace
happy bonsai
Hux
iloveyouDIE
Algernon
azuredreams
Nasir and Jeremiah

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 pm
    Shiloh's smile was weak in response towards the other Nobles, his unease probably palpable to the right people. "Temperance." He gave a slight nod to his head, "And—" Wait, what was he supposed to call Algernon? He was a Mercer too, but Jeremiah was already the first Mercer, and Mercer #2 sounded like a mouthful. "—Uh, Alg...er...non." He'd blame the awkwardness on his hat, mostly because he was suddenly aware of it moving too. "What...?"

He started to reach up, but it was necessary. From beneath the hem poked a tiny triangular snoot, and then sparse floofs of white, and then—Bean, in all his dandelion-Sprout glory. He gave Algernon a hearty ********> Shiloh quickly shot up to shove the sprout underneath his hat again, earning another muffled protest of squeaks. "S-Stay there, oh my god," Jamie there's an emergency Jamie Jamie Jamie JamieJamieJamieJamie—

Realistically, it probably wasn't that bad.

"I uh..." He pointed towards Silk, "Meeting... dinner... time."

A tiny hand wiggled out from under the hat again. Shiloh took it upon himself to pull the hat into his lap. Bean seemed content by this. Bean snuck in under my hat... There was a flash of embarrassment.

The Semblance of Unity
hi temp

iloveyouDIE
hi alg

saedusk
hi bae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:54 pm
    Shush, I'm just over here... Oliver rolled his eyes. It'll be fine, okay?

His thoughts jumbled and all over the place, it took him a second to pull back to the table where Lily and Jamie sat present. "So a while then, huh?" He got the implication, "It's... nice to meet you, I guess. Poor circumstances." His eyes followed her gaze as she went to look at Shiloh; everyone knew Shiloh, he was starting to realize. When did he get so social on his own? He thought, face set in a tiny pout. "I get that a lot, don't worry. He's my twin." Can you see the resemblance? He wanted to snort.

"I've been this way since... uh..." He thought about it, "Shortly after the void thing? Around February, I think..." Oliver seemed to perk up slightly, "Uh, so what's your brand of choice? I'm a raccoon." He said this deadpan.

saedusk
hi... again... rip

AMItotic
u seem nice

The Semblance of Unity
ifk just assume he can hear all the italics he wants ROFL

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:20 pm
Jeremiah raised an eyebrow as Shiloh's hat wiggled and then was removed and- was that a little plant person? The smile could not be stopped, the silver-haired man wiggling fingers in greeting before he realized that this was probably not the place for it.

He looked to Silk a moment later, after she had spoken, and fell quiet. Part of it was very much that there were beings and otherwise that lived in other ashdown. His finger rubbed the circle of blue that was fading along his finger, thinking of the being that had helped him learn how to track the glitch. It was not just those of Ashdown that needed guidance but those of this side as well.

Just like the fetches, they too deserved to live. It was complicated.

"If it becomes a problem, Beaumont," his lips twitched at Algie's full name being used finally registering, "I can hide the little one." Underneath the table, his hand found Algie's and squeezed lightly. A reassurance of his emotional presence, just like he'd feel from the other.

I'll try to keep my commentary about the food to the minimum, he said mentally to Algie with another twitch of lips. A joke to ease the situation.

iloveyouDIE

Melancholies

NOBLE TABLE
jeremiah watching you (he also says hi but he did that earlier)

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff