Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] bottom of the deep (noeh & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:49 pm
She huffed, but uncrossed her arms. Consequences for disassembling the Charter, right?

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:21 pm
Yes, replied Jeremiah. As you said, magical contract law is your field. There is no one else I can ask that I trust.

There was a pause, his hands stilling and then moving again.

Thank you. It was rather emphatic thank you and whether it was due to Noeh being willing to speak again about it or simply because she was talking to him was up in the air.

(Spoiler: it was both.)

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:16 am
I don't know. No one would lose their powers. If anything, everyone's powers would become... much, much stronger. Disassembly might be the best, quickest way to restore my powers and Pride's control. The Charter really was made to limit.

I think the Court as a construct would cease to exist. The places for the fetches, the noble domains... All gone. It's provided for in the Charter. If you worked fast, started casting the new whatever while disassembling the old, then you'd be able to swap them out pretty seamlessly.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:31 pm
Jeremiah was still, watching Noeh's hands move before he raked a hand through his hair and trying to process what was said. It seemed like it would be the best idea, to have one prepared while they were disassembling the other.

What caused you to lose your powers? I know the Spinel Lady can block the connection to the magic but you're without magic, Pride's magic is volatile and Pax ... Pax was essentially bleeding out magic. I assume it's because something else disrupted things, the deaths of the original Principals?

Will a new one help you?
If they used a similar format.

shibroswol

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:10 pm
We're disconnected from our original cycle, is my guess, Noeh sighed. It depended on the continued expression of the cycles. Our cycles can no longer be expressed; who knows if they'll even continue. The deaths of the original principals didn't help. But if it was provided for in the new Charter, I don't see how that wouldn't help me or Pax or Pride.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm
"Disconnected ..." Jeremiah said it aloud, blinking before he finally went on. Things were clicking into place. "Then it's something to have within the new Charter, to provide for, but does the current one depend on the existence of the cycles as well? As if we are truly separated from them then we may be facing future problems regardless."

His thoughts were going too fast and there was no way his hands were going to keep up with that. The gist of it that perhaps it was good they were moving forward on the creation of a new Charter because things could degrade on their own.

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:22 pm
Almost certainly. It was built on the bedrock of the original Sigil. I'd think that's why the oldest of the nobles have been relocated to strange new bodies.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:33 pm
"Ezra within a younger body, one that is not eternal fire, and the Spinel Lady in a far younger Melany as well." A pause. "The sigil for the Charter, it's considered a birthmark on her though we don't even know that the Court existed in the same fashion for this new world we're connected to."

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:42 am
She's not that much younger than she was when she became the Spinel Lady, if she's any younger at all, signed Noeh. She was twenty-two when the Charter picked her.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:29 pm
When the Charter picked her.

"Noeh-" A pause and a breath. "Mina. You say the Charter picked her but I have heard a different story. That it wasn't Melany picked by the Charter." There was a look on his face, his eyes searching her face. "The skin was flayed from her back and the Sigil carved into the bone."

One for many.

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:41 pm
Stuff can be more than one thing, signed Noeh. She can be chosen by the Charter and we can have had to carve the mark into her bones ourselves. God, it's like none of you ever stop to think about things critically.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:32 pm
Jeremiah pinched the bridge of his nose again. Of course. Nothing is ever that clear cut and information-

"Then why did it pick Melany? Pride said something about being female predisposes you?" He looked to her and her eyes that were familiar to his own. "What happened that made it alright to consider the sacrifice of one for the sake of many?"

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:45 pm
Pride's a ******** idiot. It picked Melany because she had traits that predisposed her to it, and she was already magical, and she was closely connected to most of the casters. Magic like this requires sacrifice and my sacrifice for the magic was my friend.

Noeh's lips thinned as she pinched them together. I don't want to talk about it.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:01 pm
"Sacrifice says enough." Jeremiah sighed. "You don't need to speak about it anymore." He had no desire to pursue it even if there were other questions. They were friends, they were always friends. A need to say sorry was there but it felt too late, hundreds of years too late.

Which was probably why he briefly reached for her but then stopped, remembering the way she had cringed. His hand fell back to his side.

"Essentially what matters is that if we dismantle the current Charter, we include provisions for you, Pride, and Pax. Something that will stabilize your magic, help you." He looked to her, his own expression an unknowing mirror of hers.

"Do you want that?" The question genuinely mattered, her opinion and desire genuinely mattered. "Or would you rather be free of it?"

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:18 pm
It was necessary at the time. Now I just want to be done with it. I'm tired of being judged by people who don't know what they're talking about.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces