Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[GM RP] This Bruise Looks Like the Ocean (Jamie & Shiloh) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:40 pm
    Shiloh found comfort in Jamie's protectiveness, his body leaning forward to rest against it as he watched the... tree... thing. Spirit? It looked human but not; definitely an othercreature of some variety.

"And what was that..." Teach him to pass out under random trees in the Otherworld. He was finally starting to relax thanks to Jamie's calmer disposition.

saedusk
short

Ashdown Whaler
tag

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:47 pm
Her eyes blinked and, though they were focused on Shiloh and Jamie, they seemed to look through the pair.

"Yes." She was the tree. Wis spoke with a smile, coming to sit very delicately in front of them. Her hands folded in her lap and she looked up at them (as it turned out she was smaller than them both).

"It- it was bad. I've not seen it before but it-" her voice faltered and she looked down briefly. "I was growing up and I think it was trying to do something to me. I don't know what but you two saved me." Her fingers, tinged the tip of dark purple bark at the tips, reached for the tree and rested against it. "... and I think you got rid of it because I can't feel it anywhere anymore."

saedusk

Melancholies

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:00 pm
"Wow..." Jamie sighed in that way he always did. "I'm... glad we could help." Even if it had been unintentional, and even if the whole experience had left him shaken and tired, he was glad something good came of it. They were okay, at least physically, and Wis was okay, so... that was a win, right?

"I almost let myself think we might not be able to beat it," he admitted, "How do you beat a shadow?" Then he shook his head. It didn't matter now. "You should rest, Wis. It hurt you, didn't it? We should probably get home soon, too. It's been a long day, but... can we see you again? I don't even know how we ended up here."

Melancholies

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:18 pm
    "Feel... it...?" He couldn't feel anything except his heart slowly hammering in his chest. He was staring down at the soft ground beneath them, his hand stroking the grass like he couldn't believe that it was real. "As long as it's gone for good..." He was leaning against Jamie again.

"I'm tired..." He told him quietly. "Are you gonna be okay now, Wis?"

saedusk

Ashdown Whaler

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:04 pm
"I'm always here," she told them gently. "This garden is my home and I- I look out for the others here. The roses and the lilies and-" Her mouth closed as she realized she was rambling.

"I think I'll be okay, I'm just ... tired too." Not that it stopped her from leaning forward, towards the pair. Her fingers, gentle and with a cool warmth, brushed against each of their hands.

When she did so there was a faint thrum, that sunlight feeling in their minds bright once more as if she had given them some energy. "You two are connected." The words came out as a whisper and, as she sat back, a string appeared between.

It was bright and golden, pulsing in time with their hearts, and it wrapped around their fingers connecting them.

saedusk

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 am
It was hard not to smile as Wis spoke of the other plants and caring for them. It was obvious this place and its residents were important to her and Jamie could respect that. He understood the feeling. "It's a beautiful garden," he told her, "I've never seen anything like it."

When she touched their hands next, it was like a feeling he couldn't quite describe, warm and comforting, cool and soothing. For a short moment he closed his eyes and his mind thrummed with what wasn't quite his own thoughts alone. Again he could feel Shiloh at every corner and he hoped what new energy he had sparking through his nerves was passed between the two of them. They were tired, but this definitely helped.

Opening his eyes, he looked pleasantly bleary before he focused on the golden thread newly tied between them. It captured him and he stared, a new warmth in his chest yet again. "Connected..." he mumbled. What did it mean?

Melancholies

Ashdown Whaler

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:58 am
    Shiloh meanwhile was more transfixed with the imaginary string that lingered between the both of them. It was soft and golden and so fragile looking, and yet for as ethereal as it seemed he couldn't physically interact with it. It just was and they just were. The warmth was speaking volumes in his head, the edges of his vision warm, the colors in his field of vision bright and inexplicable again. Something weighed heavily in his chest, but it was tender and gentle rather than burdening.

"Connected." He echoed quietly, voice barely a breath. Like Jamie, he didn't fully understand what it meant, but he accepted it wholeheartedly despite it. It made him think about finding themselves in the eighties, how they were still together all these cycles later.

"I'm glad this place is okay..." He said after a moment, a little louder. "It's really pretty. We'll come see you again sometime, okay Wis?"

saedusk

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:24 pm
"Together," she replied, "always. Both here," her fingers touched her head, "and here." Fingers touched her chest next, where the heart was. That's what connected meant to her at least. Wis shifted, her dress fluttering as she pushed to stand on wobbly unsteady legs.

A fawn trying to walk for the first time ever.

"I would like it very much," if they visited again, "but ... it's time for you to go home." Fingers reached up to the wisteria blossoms of the tree, the blossoms curling around her hand, and tugged lightly. The blossoms broke loose and she dropped some on each of their wrists where they immediately curled into delicate matching bracelets.

"These will only work once but think of home and they'll take you there."

Melancholies

saedusk

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:02 am
They'd just realized the reality of this connection, but it felt like only the tip of the iceberg. Always... Like Shiloh, Jamie also remembered the versions of themselves they'd met back in 1989. Their circumstances had been entirely different, but one thing remained a constant—they were together. They always would be.

"Thank you, Wis," he said, sounding lighthearted. "We'll see you again soon." For now it was time to go home. It was time to relax and be with each other, to forget that something so dark had encroached on the fun they'd been having.

"Let's go home, Shiloh..." Jamie bumped their foreheads together in the lightest of ways, his mind filling with the sights and sounds of their room. There was the faint bubble of the fish tank filters, the hum of a forgotten movie on the TV, the warmth and weight of the blankets around them. Home.

Melancholies

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:30 pm
    Shiloh watched her curiously. In their heads and in their hearts? That was kinda gay. Really gay. Gayer than hell, but he was into it. "Thanks, Wis..."

He turned to Jamie, equally exhausted, but content in their bond. It just went to show that you couldn't take anything for granted in the Otherworld. Sure, something good had still come out of the experience, but it just proved that the good things never really lasted and letting your guard down would only lead to misfortunes. How easily could he have died? How easily could Jamie have died? Either the whole world buckles or his whole world crumbles. It's a lose-lose.

...but there'd be enough time to mope on it. He gently nuzzled against Jamie's touch, his hand feeling the flowers around his wrist. His own flora bloomed around it, circled it, gently fed into it, and his mind was filled with the same visions as Jamie's. The warmth of their blankets, the smell of their sheets, the softness of their pillows...

He yearned for it.

saedusk

Ashdown Whaler

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:59 pm
That was all it took, really, their focus on home. The flowers on their wrists seemed to glow a moment, the same bright purple that was on Wis (she was smiling at them and waved), and then they were there.

At home.

Together.

Just like always.

wisteria bracelet
while these are simple flower bracelets now, they're always in bloom, smell quite nice and are surprisingly resistant to breaking. they also have the added bonus of letting you find your way to the garden easily if you want to explore it again.

Melancholies
thanks for playing!

saedusk
go do your quest wrap up RP!

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items