Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:27 pm
"Puns are the lowest form of humor. That's why I like them, of course." The groan would be taken as encouragement, naturally.

"Yes," he answered the question, teasingly, and, more quietly, "Thanks." The glance he flicked at Horace was almost shy. "I think dark hair is pretty nice."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 am
"I guess I'll keep you around for the humor, then. Though I might keep the professor thing in mind." It was easier to say it teasingly. He grinned and self consciously touched his hair. "Tried to bleach it once - bad idea. It went bright orange and frizzed out." Right now it was sleek and shiny. Horace had a set of shampoos he used to keep it that way, but he was lucky enough to have good hair genes anyway.

Right. They were supposed to be looking for a way out. He looked ahead, frowning. "Does that-" He pointed. "-look weird to you? Like kinda glow-y?" The door to the corner store shone a soft orange.

prolixity
to Jordan, it looks like a normal door

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:10 pm
"I can't imagine you with bright orange hair, somehow. Bright blue, maybe," Jordan mused. "Although that'd take bleach, so maybe not. Mine gets blonder if I get enough sun in summer."

He looked at the door Horace was pointing at, and shook his head. "I don't see a glow. Just a door."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:04 pm
"I could probably do navy. We should go to the beach sometime." He paused. "Maybe not in February, though." He squinted at the door as they drew closer.

"Yeah, look it's kinda orange." Horace took off his glasses to clean then. Dirt on glasses definitely caused strange things. The door stopped glowing. He put them back on. Glow. Off, on, off, on. "What the hell, I only see it with my glasses on. Here." He held out his glasses to Jordan.

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:10 pm
"Sometime when barefoot is an option," Jordan suggested.

"Huh." He took the glasses and put them on, and squinted immediately, feeling his eyes strain with the strength of the prescription. "Ow. I see that these aren't just fashionable."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:37 pm
"Yeah, I don't mind the cold, but I love the way heat soaks into your skin." He squinted at Jordan as the other man tried on his glasses. Horace couldn't see s**t. "I wish I could say you look good in glasses, but I can't tell. And you're supposed to look at the door, silly."

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:40 pm
"Right, the door." Jordan looked over at the door in question. "Hey, yeah, I see the glow. Your glasses must be doing something." He took them off and handed them back, and rubbed his eyes to make them refocus properly.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:46 pm
He took his glasses back and shoved them on his face, pleased to suddenly see the world again. "Sorry - did they give you a headache? And yeah, I never saw that before. Maybe magic soaked into my glasses like some kind of weird osmosis." Horace looked at the door. Definitely strange.

"Yeah. Do you wanna find out if it's a door home or to hell?" he asked, complete with spooky fingers.

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:49 pm
"Not quite, but I won't be stealing them from you or anything. They look better on you anyway," Jordan laughed. "Magic glasses. That's sort of cool."

He did spooky fingers right back. "It's a door to adventure," he said. "Or studying. Could be either. Let's find out."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:54 pm
"Well, you can borrow them anytime, but you'd have to lead me about on a string." He snorted. Magic glasses were just so weird.

"I hope it's not studying... Come one." He held out his hand slowly, as if almost reconsidering. Horace also looked embarrassed in the extreme. "Just in case it tried to separate us?"  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 pm
"I'm sure I could find a better leash, string's pretty flimsy," Jordan said cheerfully. "But I wouldn't want to steal your eyes."

He took Horace's hand solemnly. "Yeah, let's not take that risk. Good idea."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 pm
"Woof," Horace said, and he grinned before taking Jordan through the door.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas