Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] where it all goes (shiloh & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:42 am
bakeding

There was more than enough ingredients for mishaps. Jeremiah was going to walk Shiloh through it while he supervised. With everything out, he was turning to pluck an old and well used cooking book from a small shelf in the kitchen.

A picture fell from it as he turned without him noticing.

His eyebrow raised at the question about Wil. "I would like to say you can't know Nasir without knowing Wil but I met Wil first. Certainly can usually tell when he's around because I start sneezing before the itchy, watery eyes set in." Then Shiloh was given a lookover. "There's an apron you can toss on if you want, so you don't end up covered in ingredients."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 am
hellion

Jeremiah nodded, his fingers tapping the counter in thought. "Obviously magical but not aware of you being a Noble. We don't even know if she's one still, though I believe the Court still is under her control."

He paused, sighing. "At least, it was." The look on his face, the one that flickered, said eveything. It wasn't sometging he wanted at all. "Need to really go there and find out. Not just drop in. Perhaps find something out that could explain what this is about."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:57 pm
    re: the court

"Noeh, yeah." Shiloh's eyes were wide under his veil, his delicately gloved hand wrapped tightly around the glass of milk. "Was what I always called her. Was she okay?" His brows knitted together in concern. "Or is that what you were going to get at?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:00 pm
    hellion

"I mean, it's possible she still knows about Court maybe." He was chewing on his lip nervously, "But with how she was treating me, she either doesn't all together or it's different in her memories. It's just—being part of the Court destroys your ties to the cycle, so it makes no sense."

He sighed and shrugged, arms crossing and uncrossing to pet Hellbine again. "It might be an good chance to rip it out of her hands though, if she is. Make it right again."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:24 pm
    bakeding

Shiloh watched as all the ingredients were lined up, and he rushed to collect the apron when directed about it. Aprons were cool. Cool people didn't get baking stuff all over themselves.

"I met him in a park the other day. He read my fortune." He was fumbling as he tried to tie the apron behind his back. "He seemed pretty cool." It was then that he noticed the overturned photo on the ground, and he knelt down to scoop it up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:09 pm

"It's part of it but there's apparently more going on within the Court than anticipated after the shift." Jeremiah took a seat finally, still carefully eyeing the tea but not having any of it yet. His focus shifted back to Shiloh.

"She's lost her ability to communicate telepathically, for one, and her magic seems to have faded. Pride is missing on top of that and Pax ..." A breath was released. "Pax is in dire straights. While part of this is likely due to the shift in the sigil, the fact it's no longer the sword, the crown, and the stars, the other part is that there's something going on with one of the Principals. That their connection to the magic is not as it was and given that I know you're alright, as well as the other Principal I am aware of, that leaves the unknown third."  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:20 pm
hellion

"It doesn't but given the nature of the void we were in, the fact that magic was so strong, if there was a way to change something like someone's connection to the Court ... that would be the place for it to be done." Still, it was incredibly odd that she would be changed so much. Hellbine was still quietly purring in Shiloh's lap, though every so often he was nosing at the lavender and pawing at it lightly.

Mostly to pull it down and snuffle at it.

Jeremiah nodded in agreement. "It is not even her Court. If, in any way, it could be changed and shifted back to something better then we need to act and take the chance as soon as possible." His fingers raked through his hair, Jeremiah taking a sip of his drink. "It's something I've been thinking about: to see the Court become something worthwhile, a place that isn't feared and fear doesn't rule. If we can change it, if we can put it back into the hands where it belongs, then we should do so. Something less abusive and violent, something that helps."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:28 pm
bakeding

The photograph turned out to be an old polaroid of what looked like a far, far younger Jeremiah (though he was still silver haired) and Algie in a kitchen. Jeremiah looked entirely disgruntled while he scraped off what looked like a failed meal into the sink and Algie looked as if he was trying to not laugh at him.

Jeremiah was directing Shiloh where to start while he responded to him. "He does like to do that; telling fortunes. Not that I've had one read but he's relaxed and laid back and actually thinks I'm not aware of the fact he's taught Hellbine a bad habit or three." There was a look on Jeremiah's face, one that was both amused and a touch annoyed.

"Not that I can really do much about or care too ... Hellbine is too smart to be stopped." His lips twitched as he pointed a finger at the patiently waiting cat on a high chair. "As I know for a fact he understands human speech quite clearly."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Shiloh shifted uncomfortably, "I... see." His face was lacking in emotion, but that might have just been because his eyes were veiled by his outfit. His lip twitched slightly. "So the sigil messed them up." Noeh sounded okay, but, "It hurt them then, is that it?"

He sunk back in his chair, sulking a little. "Which other principal? I know one other too, but not the third. She's alright last I checked though..." He immediately shot up straight, "What if they're dead or something? The third? Does that mean I have to die too like the last set did?" Funny how he never used to be so bothered by the idea of dying before.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:38 pm
    hellion

"It sounds like a nice thought..." He mused aloud as he stroked Hellbine's fur. "I'd like to see that happen, actually. Maybe with me being a principal... that could be changed..." He weight his options a little bit.

"I just wish I knew why it existed in the first place."

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:41 pm
    bakeding

Shiloh snorted at the polaroid. "Does he really?" He looked over at Hellbine, "Wow, I didn't know you were so smart!" He seemed happy about this rather than worried, but he also didn't have to worry about any consequences with them. Hellbine loved him and that was all that really mattered.

He slid the photograph across the counter. "Well here, you better take this then. Wouldn't want him to figure out dark secrets like this." Which was to say the weren't really that dark—burning food—but whatever it was Jeremiah and Shiloh was feeling needlessly dramatic.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:49 pm
bakeding

Shiloh got a bit of a purr-meow from Hellbine, almost an of course. The small cat was obviously smart and he was also a princess but he would forgive the young Noble for not knowing cat royalty.

Jeremiah blinked as he picked up the polaroid, chuckling as it was slid back into the pages of the cookbook. "Honestly, he probably already does ... I mean, he ratted me out last year to someone when Alg and I first got together. Hadn't told anyone and he just let it out."

Quote:
can prob wrap this one with your next post! ftb with shiloh getting baking instructions and getting to go home with tasty things ~

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:04 am
hellion

"Part of it, I know, grew around Renard and Liam but I don't believe what it started as and what is now are even remotely the same thing ..." Jeremiah had a thoughtful look on his face as he spoke.

"While I was a tithe part of my duties were to deal with the trivial matters Fa- Ezra," he corrected himself still, "was too busy to deal with. Which is to say, settle disputes between otherbeings and other issues that they have and wish to have mediated or handled by the Nobility."

A sip of his drink was taken, Jeremiah thinking about what he had gained as knowledge. "Guide and mentor, I think, is what it's meant to do but it's been so twisted over the years. You are right, though, with a Principal who isn't clouded by thousands of years of it being this way ... perhaps there's more room for change."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:15 am

"I don't know how it particularly did hurt them but it has done so. Something about the magic that created them was tied to the old sigil and we need to find a way to fix it, to stop worse from happening." Jeremiah leaned forward, bypassing the tea and getting what looked like a glass of water.

Glowing eyes glanced towards Shiloh at the mention of another Principal, though he was distracted by the question of dying. "Absolutely not. I don't believe the third to be dead. It was only - so far as I know - the fact that two of the three died that caused it to go the way it did." A serious look was given to Shiloh. "This isn't a statement that I'll make lightly, but I will not let harm come to you, Shiloh. It's unacceptable and I refuse to see anyone else die."

He let out a breath, taking a sip of the water and setting it back down. "I am inclined to think we know the same Principal: a certain redhead?" America. Jeremiah did not want to say her name but it was an easy enough way to confirm if it was the same one. So far as he knew there had not been that many redheads that had been in the void.

If it wasn't then they had their third Principal and Shiloh could check up on them.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:21 pm
    bakeding

"Damn, he is a smart cat, huh?" He shot Hellbine a look before giving him a (secret) thumbs up. He could already tell they were going to partners in crime. Plantloh, plantbine. It just made sense.

"Anyway though, baking." He scrounged around for some ingredients to help. "I know you're not supposed to deviate from the recipes and s**t. That was my first mistake."

What the other mistakes were was honestly anyone's guess.

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff