Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[ prp ] Fix it with Food (America & Sonny) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:26 pm
Sonny shrugged. "Maybe. Papa could tell you better. Father could tell you best."

lizbot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:15 pm
"Mr. Renard?" Checking the freezer, America let out a pleased sound and pulled the sheets out. "Okay, now get to start cutting out the the ginger peoples."

Setting one down for Sunny and another for herself, she continued, "He was there with us. There was suddenly a door and then a big booming knock, like a cross between a police raid and ********' death. Startled the heck out of folks, some tried to block it from opening, others seemed ready to fight. And then out he strolls, all like ha ha you silly kids, I'm just here to help my daughter!"

Sometimes America was good at voices, but her Renard voice was terrible.

"Some still seemed ready to fight him, but it worked out in the end, I suppose." The world was still here, at least. A Sunny, friend and daughter, remained. America didn't consider the whole of it a failure by any means, there was simply to much changed and lost and saved and gained and hurt to judge the results as a whole.

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Sonny helpfully arranged the cookie cutters, though she seemed to have a Time extracting them until she started straight-up using magic to remove the section of cookie whole-hog. Cookie sheets produced themselves with a flicker of her fingers.

"That sounds like Father," she said. "He's very dramatic. It's because he was a drag queen when he was younger."

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:43 pm
"Yeah? Bet he was pretty as heck. My uncle Beaux still does it, but he's more a fancy lady than a pretty one." She cuts out a few ninjabread men. "Jer and Shun...and Shiloh!" And then takes a regular one, nipping into the limbs and waist to make it skinnier than the rest, the extra dough goes into forming ears. "This is Taym and he's my boooyfriend," she sing-songs, childishly happy despite the less than flattering state of his ears.

"Eventually," America began suddenly, "I'm gonna try and get the folks who were there or are magic and remember but are out of the loop and such, gather us all together to exchange notes and thoughts and such. I figure it's probably not best to, over on this side, so maybe it'll have to wait till there's a safe spot for it at the Other Place, I've been..." getting off track. Clearing her throat, she switches back to The Point, "Anyway, if we did, would you want to come to it? I think it'd be good if you got to start having more of a say and people sittin to hear it."

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:29 pm
Sonny grins and leans over America's cookies as they're cut out. "Do one for Papa," she says. "I've seen pictures of Father as Sibyl--he called himself Sibyl Liberties--and he's like, so pretty." She nods.

Mention of Taym brings an odd look to Sonny's face. "He... didn't like my shoes," she says, which makes no sense. Her shoes, lined up by the door, are classy as hell. "I..."

The expression passes. She smiles. "I'll come for you. If you want."

lizbot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 am
"Taym's fussy 'bout shoes. If they aren't a pair of three-inch ankle breakers or worse, he's not about it," America rolls her eyes and tries to shape a gingerbread fellow dorito-y shape but not too dorito-y shape for Mr. Liam.

"I want you to, but only if you're comfortable." America points at Sonny with a kitty shaped cutter, "Do you know why there's a bunch of keys in it, not just one?"

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:16 am
The idea of shoes that broke your ankles seems to rub Sonny the wrong way. "I guess," she says, and she leans back over to her own cookie cutouts. There are plenty of people she could make cookies of, probably, but she is just doing a bunch of odd shapes rather than going for anything specific.

"I don't really know anything about the sigil," she says. "'Cept who the principals are. And what it means for me."

lizbot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:04 pm
"Cause we want you to have choices," America replies simply. "If you've only got a single way to freedom and whole your own power, well, that's like a cage inside a cage, isn't? There's no single right way to exist and grow."

She goes on to admit, "I don't know if it worked out like that, but even if it didn't, I'm gonna do my best to make sure you still gave the chances to make them. I might get obnoxious about it, or stupidly careful," America warns, cutting out another cat, "but that's why. So when I say I want you to go, what I mean is, I want you to make the choice."

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:33 am
"I don't know either," said Sonny, "but I guess we'll find out, won't we." She finished up with her sheet of cookie dough and turned to the oven. "I don't think everyone shares your idea. I can't talk about one of the principals to anybody. They made me not."

lizbot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:28 am
America's lips compressed for a stretch and then she was sighing. "They're being careful, sounds like. The first three principals died, and the other two, maybe they volunteered, but the first that died was killed. Used to kill a bunch of innocent people before that too. Was a moonwalker and someone forced him into a crowded building on the fullmoon. I don't know the particulars, but..."

Her gaze slid to Sunny, "When things were happening, that extra powerful version of you said you'd wanted those three dead all along. Seemed she wasn't the only one, either."

She arranged her cookie sheet beside Sunny's and went on, "They should have just asked you, 'stead of making you. I don't wanna die either, gotta say, but I trust you not to put hit a hit out on me." America smiled at the joke and meant absolutely every word of it.

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:01 pm
"I don't want you to die," said Sonny. "But I want that one to die." Their eyes narrowed, and something about them called back to the lightning that had flashed in the other-Sunny's eyes. "That one forces me to lie and summons me like a dog. That one deserves it."

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:56 pm
"Nobody deserves anything, really, though they may earn themselves a bad end sure enough," America said after a moment of troubled consideration. "But if they die, what will happen?"

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:21 pm
Sonny shrugged. "I guess your sigil will break, too. You could maybe reforge it with a new person. I'm not super familiar with this kind of binding, though."

lizbot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:34 pm
"I mean what will happen for you? Will it make you happy? Will it fix anything?" America's brow furrows, "These different memories and cycles and things, maybe they make death kinda...nothing. People's lives might seem all sorts of nothing, too. But they leave holes in the world. All the potential good a person can do is gone, right along with all the bad."

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:53 pm
"I don't know," said Sonny, "I've never been the focus of this kind of spellwork. But they wouldn't be able to make me lie to anyone else."

lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces