Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] how's your mind (shun & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:45 pm
Shun tilted his head at that.

"Why do you say that?"

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:49 pm
"I've left the cycle of rebirth by becoming a Noble of the Court," he replied, coming back properly into the kitchen and setting a photo album down on the counter. Jeremiah poured himself another cup of tea.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:58 pm
"I see..." Shun stated softly, falling silent for a time as he seemed to be considering something. He almost didn't notice the photo album being placed down onto the counter as a result.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:16 pm
"I don't what that will mean for Alg or myself if the cycle resets." Jeremiah shook his head, fixing his tea once more and not opening the photo album yet.

"Not that it means I won't pursue putting an end to the cycles any less. If anything, it has strengthened my resolve." Especially so given that Michael, Adoelle and Heliodora had died. Two lives willingly lost, one taken away.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:21 pm
Shun nodded lightly at this, "Of course. Finding a way to end the cycles is a priority."

He paused, furrowing his brow.

"I... know that there is the whole fetch thing, and that a noble cannot harm another noble willingly without risk of execution.. or so I have been told. But what else is there that comes as a cost?"

There had to be more to it than just that. There was always a cost.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:44 pm
With that question, Jeremiah's gaze on Shun brightened. "A Noble might find themselves called upon by another being to help with something. I've had to handle disputes as well as deal with an other owl who wanted to come to this side and go to Disney World." A brief roll of his eyes. "It is not always something silly like that and, in all honesty may not even happen. Not everyone handles Court affairs."

His fingers were closed around his teacup, taking a drink before speaking again. "... and, yes, a fetch takes the place of the person wishing to become a Noble. Limits are to be tested, weaknesses found and strengthened, and a trial undergone at the end."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:04 pm
Shun fell silent again for a time. The price didn't sound terrible. And yet...

He drummed his fingers against the counter top.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:20 pm
"There's that saying from Spider-man, I believe. 'With power comes great responsibility.' Admittedly, on a personal note, I was a willing tithe." Ezra had made the offer and Jeremiah had taken it.

"I didn't realize the full gravity of what I agreed to until I was already there and unable to come back but I do not regret it. I am stronger for it and do not question so much anymore that I will be willing to do what it takes." He had been in pieces after the masquerade and somewhere in the process of being in Ezra's household, Jeremiah came back together as someone stronger and far more capable than he had been before.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:45 pm
"Of course. Power always comes with a price. And to have power without any sort of responsibility is dangerous."

Shun drew in a deep breath.

"I already know I am willing to do whatever it takes. That much was never the question. But I also know that the price of failure is even greater..."

Failure is not an option.

How many versions of him had died as a result of him failing? Presumably all of them, if they each had something to do with this overall battle.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 pm
"There's a greater chance for failure in this more than anything else." Not just because one was out of the cycle of rebirth. "You do remember the ball, don't you?" The photo album was now forgotten by Jeremiah for the time being. "What happened with the fetches of those that were taken?"

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 am
Shun nodded once, "Some were killed. Others are now servants of their respective noble."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:16 am
"It's part of the trial," he replied, a little flatly. "The one that replaced me is not around anymore." It was something he could never forget.

Strangling something to death that wore your face.

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 pm
"And I am glad that you took care of it," Shun stated flatly. He was not a fan of the fetch he had interacted with there. At all. That said, he didn't have many good fetch interactions in the first place.

"So it ends with a 'winner takes all' battle of sorts," he noted. That was what he had gathered anyway. It wasn't quite a fight to the death, as Shiloh still had Beel. He wasn't yet certain of what it meant to lose, other than probably dying.

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:24 pm
"Literally, Shun. Winner does take all." Jeremiah finally took another drink of his tea, letting out a breath afterward. "I have my own fetch, so does Alg. They're usually at Court, looking over things there for us in our absence while we're here."

His lips twitched in wry amusement. "Admittedly, you did hit one of the major downsides on the head. I can't do anything about Melany but it doesn't mean that I'm not looking for ways to see her control lessen."

Blade Kuroda

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:21 pm
Shun nodded. While he hadn't met Jer or Alg's fetches, he had seen Mare. He had been aware that those who kill their doubles are granted a new fetch. It had been a topic touched briefly with Shiloh, who unfortunately still had to deal with Beel.

He then drew in a deep breath.

"Right... there is more freedom in not being a part of the court," he murmured. It was something to consider. Did the possible benefits outweigh that?

Azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces