azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:32 pm
"What?" Asiya looks up to Preacher as she approaches. "I don't- what?" She seems to compose herself for a moment, a smudgey hand fixing her hijab. "Would you please clarify what you are asking?"

The Semblance of Unity

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:50 pm
Preacher Maria | 22/22
+1 persuasion, +1 combat, -1 combat(glitch)

"I said-" Maybe this woman was deaf. Or partly deaf. "The sigil, the seal been used, right? So... how? Did someone just bleed on it, or did they right out n' die on it." She jerked her thumb back towards Alexis and Alexander.

"They said ya make a seal and blood makes it strong, so..." She trailed off expectantly.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:57 pm
"I don't know," she answers, eyes widening. "I don't- That isn't the kind of magic I practice. I simply know that it has been used and it cannot be reused. To try and use it again would accomplish nothing. Using this," she draws out the sigil - the stars, the crown, the sword - again in her notebook, "would guarantee that whatever is being done will not work."

Her fingers brush against the individual pieces of that make up the seal.

"There has to be meaning and each of these symbols have meaning for what it was used for ..."

The Semblance Unity

medigel

Micillia

quite uneventful

KitsuneAura

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:18 pm
Preacher Maria | 22/22
+1 persuasion, +1 combat, -1 combat(glitch)

"So, why can't I just draw a new one?" Preacher leaned in close, staring at the sigil. Second verse, same as the first. "Gotta get a new one, do something with it..." Though, quite frankly, she had no ******** clue what.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:02 pm
          veronica villanueva - 23/23
          +2 persuasion
          +1 athleticism/combat rolls (nulled by migrane)

A glyph, hmm. So this was The Sigil. Her eyes studied the page before they glanced toward where she looked and stayed there, entranced by the dark abyss. "The speaker?" She thought it'd be Sunny. Soon Darcie asked another question, and Asyia seemed lost, confused. It was used, somehow, and she didn't know who'd used it or why. Soon after, Preacher came to their group, curious about... Sigils? Alexander had sent her...? With a glance to the other group, Veronica continued to listen to their interaction, finally piping up and wanting to ask a few questions. "What is the type of magic you practice? How do you know it's been used? Do each of these symbols have a separate meaning, or do they only mean something when put together? Do--" Veronica stopped, pursing her lips. "I'm sorry, this is all just so much to take in... Do you happen to know what they all mean? Or if you don't, is there some sort of book in here that could help us, with records on all the Sigils?" They were in a library, after all, and while it was a shot in the dark, maybe there was something they knew of, something that would work.

medigel
chris! because you're near by

azuredreams
asiya!

Micillia
paps

KitsuneAura
pets

The Semblance of Unity
veronica finds her winking endearing

quite uneventful rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:30 pm
ROLLING FOR ABOVE (I'M SO SORRY)  

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

kyllswitch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:59 pm
Kell Braumeister

21/21
+2 combat
-2 persuation

When Kell's clock stopped ringing she looked around. She had never been more disoriented in her life. So many people were dazed or bleeding. It was as if a bomb had gone off. She swore she had watched one gentleman shoot the Alex guy, but both seemed too composed for that to have happened. Glancing around, she noticed Sunny and young Kiel sitting on the edge of an abyss. Wanting to avoid another jump into chaos, Kell instead followed Preacher's movements. As she tossed a book into the hole, the look on her face concerned Kell. There was no doubt now, it was another hole in the world.

Standing slowly, Kell tried to walk towards the group she had been listening to before the explosion. The lights and frenzied talk was too much at first so she just listened a bit. Again there was speak of the Sigil, and now she knew its identity. Three separate parts in one. She didn't know anything about blood sacrifice, but art is her passion.

Summoning a bit of courage, Kell followed Preacher to the next group.

" Hi...ummm, I'm...I'm Kell." She managed to squeak out. " Do you know what the Three components meant in this sigil? Maybe we can find the new three and make one?"

Borderline ready to vomit, she tried to keep going. She couldn't quite make eye contact with the others, and instead focused mainly on Preacher.

"I'm an artist so i could...maybe..."

azuredreams
asiya

The Semblance of Unity
hi

kyllswitch rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:00 pm
oops sorry i need a roll right?  

kyllswitch

Daekie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:13 pm
Alexis Tucker / 21 HP / -1 to combat (glitch damage)

The shot went off -- the shot -- the shot --
The shot didn't go off. Marcus had never talked to them or Jordan. Marcus had never moved from his spot, after all. There was never any danger.

Alexis swallows. They do not touch Jordan in the slightest, but their lips are glazed with lines of blood, and so are their fingers.

They move over a step or two towards their double and Alois and Alexander, again, smile very very wide and teeth very very sharp, and ask what they can think of to ask. "What do you know of loops," they venture. It's just that. It's nothing else.

azuredreams
alexis + alois

shibrogane
alexander

Prolixity
jordan as a matter of proximity! proxility! proxilimity.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:34 pm
Alexis looks up, eyes widening as she takes in the sharp teeth. The blood from her nose drips to the floor. "Loops? The kind you play with? Or use to stitch?"

"You're still stupid. Clearly they're not talking about that kind of loop." Not that Alois really knows either. He, without fear of those sharp teeth, approaches Alexis. "Quite a collection of teeth you have there. You should let me handle your funeral when the time comes," he tells them.

Then he reaches his hand - talons, then fingers, then talons - towards them only for everything to freeze.

Both Alexis North and Alois twitch uncontrollably, as if they are puppets on strings, and in the next beat they are back to where they had been before. Alexis is painting with her blood and Alois looks ready to tell a lewd joke regardless of what is around him.

Daekie

shibrogane

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:45 pm
"If you don't know what the symbols mean, then you can do something terrible instead of helpful," Asiya tells Preacher and then her gazes shifts over to Veronica and very briefly to Kell.

"I have spent most of my life learning glyphs and their meaning. It was only arriving here that I found myself able to practice true application ..." She twitches; resets again.

"The crown," she draws it out, "is a flame that is giving off heat and energy - it is power - and the stars," this she sketches as well, "are in a circle of continuity and infinity. The stars themselves are security and light but you can see how meaning was added with them being arranged thusly." The sword she draws last. "The sword is a modified version of 'thorne': a grave." She twitches once more, eyes vacant briefly as she looks back up to the people gathered around her.

There were so many.

"The four pointed stars ... They represent death. All together, this triad indicates containment ... Not protection ..."

The Semblance Unity

medigel

Micillia

quite uneventful

KitsuneAura

kyllswitch

KitsuneAura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:06 pm
Acacia Bryant - 22/22
+2 persuasion, -1 combat

Acacia didn't have a clue who Preacher or Kell were, but it hardly seemed like the time to fish for introductions when there were so many questions flying about that she wanted to know the answers to just as much. They really seemed to be making some headway in figuring out the sigil too, now. A triad indicating containment, was it? Was it possible that that was what was causing them to do that strange glitchy resetting? Was the sigil somehow keeping them contained in this moment, unaware of the changes?

"If we wanted to make a new sigil, one that was for protection, how would we change it?" She paused, reconsidered. No way of knowing if she was on the right track at all, but maybe. "Or...or if we wanted to free what this sigil contained?"

azuredreams
Asiya

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Micillia rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:00 pm
Darcie O'Hare
Blackfriars Library v2
+1 persuasion
+1 combat/agility
Migraine -1 to all combat rolls

"Wait, contains?" Darcie looked back at the giant hole, the zombies sitting around it, and the chaos the room was in. "Uh, what exactly would it contain, if it were to do something like that?" Darcie asked, realizing as soon as she said it that she really didn't want to know. Too late the question was asked, curiosity killed the cat.

KitsuneAura
quite uneventful
azuredreams
medigel
Silverah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:20 am
"Loops," says Alexander. "I don't understand the question."

Daekie

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Daekie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:39 am
Alexis Tucker / 22 HP / -1 to combat rolls

"I mean," Alexis clarifies, their voice atonal, "trapping someone in a repetition, with magic. You seem like a smart man. I'm sure you'd know."

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces