Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[What Is Yaoi] Most Yaoi fans are girls? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yup, so true....
View Results

DarkSunBoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:30 am
Rio Ri
Maybe because it's the same thing with straight men and lesbians. Who knows for sure? 0o

omg those two guys look almost exactly like teh weasley twins that is very rad.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am
DarkSunBoy
Rio Ri
Maybe because it's the same thing with straight men and lesbians. Who knows for sure? 0o

That IS the Weasley twins...or their actors at least.  

Riosin

iXquisite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 am
Rio Ri
DarkSunBoy
Rio Ri

That IS the Weasley twins...or their actors at least.

They look different, maybe it's just me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:01 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Your Favorite STD

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:25 pm
Yaoi is usually made for women, atleast in japan it is. Therefore, women are probably going to read yaoi more then men.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:37 pm
Everyone has a right to enjoy yaoi. No one has a right to chose who can like what, even if it is made mostly by women. If they really meant it only for the female population, don't you think they'd have something like, "ONLY READ IF YOU HAVE A v****a! IF YOU DON'T, SCREW OFF!". Well, not along those exact lines, but you get the general idea, ne? xd  

Youkai-Riri-chan

Doi Hachiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:36 pm
Youkai-Riri-chan
Everyone has a right to enjoy yaoi. No one has a right to chose who can like what, even if it is made mostly by women. If they really meant it only for the female population, don't you think they'd have something like, "ONLY READ IF YOU HAVE A v****a! IF YOU DON'T, SCREW OFF!". Well, not along those exact lines, but you get the general idea, ne? xd

so true, it is just so dumb when people start to complain, Too many girls like shounen ai/yaoi! *whine bawl sob* Well, duh it was mostly targeted towards females! I know a few men who like yaoi.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:40 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

iwanttobeasleep

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:08 pm
YukiroKatsuya

I would like to tell you that Shounen-ai is the better term. Yaoi is the SLANG of Shounen-ai, most of the time meaning more hardcore things then Shounen-ai.

Yaoi is not a slang of shounen ai. Yaoi is a term that comes from the acronym yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi. It means, no peak, no point, no meaning. Definition wise, it refers to works of a graphic nature, but, in the West, Yaoi has become the blanket term most often used by fans to refer to male/male anything.

Shounen Ai is actually an obsolete term that translates as boys' love, but doesn't really mean the same thing as boys' love. Shounen ai's most common usage is to refer to *****, or adults who like young boys.

So, no, shounen ai is not the better term. If anything, boys' love or BL would be the ideal term. However, I prefer to use yaoi as my all purpose BL word.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm
For-Chan Cookie
YukiroKatsuya

I would like to tell you that Shounen-ai is the better term. Yaoi is the SLANG of Shounen-ai, most of the time meaning more hardcore things then Shounen-ai.

Yaoi is not a slang of shounen ai. Yaoi is a term that comes from the acronym yama nashi, ochi nashi, imi nashi. It means, no peak, no point, no meaning. Definition wise, it refers to works of a graphic nature, but, in the West, Yaoi has become the blanket term most often used by fans to refer to male/male anything.

Shounen Ai is actually an obsolete term that translates as boys' love, but doesn't really mean the same thing as boys' love. Shounen ai's most common usage is to refer to *****, or adults who like young boys.

So, no, shounen ai is not the better term. If anything, boys' love or BL would be the ideal term. However, I prefer to use yaoi as my all purpose BL word.

I agree with your first point, thank you. I hate it when people mix up what it really means with the West usage.

But can you give a source on the second one? I've never heard it, despite being in the yaoi/shonen ai game quite a while and hearing the debates at great length. I'm really intrigued to learn more.  

iwanttobeasleep

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:46 pm
iwanttobeasleep
I agree with your first point, thank you. I hate it when people mix up what it really means with the West usage.

But can you give a source on the second one? I've never heard it, despite being in the yaoi/shonen ai game quite a while and hearing the debates at great length. I'm really intrigued to learn more.

Aestheticism.com's Definitions From Japan: BL, Yaoi, June gives a brief definition of shounen ai and Wikipedia has a very in depth entry on it as well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:28 am
it's very much true..isn't it because some guys find it kinda disgusting to see two guys making out or having a scene... eek  

rheaLION

Envy2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:57 am
You are SO right!!! hee hee. GuyXGuy is so cute!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:44 pm
It makes sense. Some guys like to watch girl-on-girl. Some girls like to watch boy-on-boy. We are just less well known than our male counterparts.  

lynx wings

LadySapphire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:58 pm
Even MTV has a thing about girls liking yaoi. Oh no, the news is out there! xd

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1525830/20060310/index.jhtml

I think it explains to a point why I enjoy it. heart

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers