Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🎭Chatterbox
🍬Longest Revolution:Gaia thread ever!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 am
xx I met my fate xx
Also I posted this earlier in the wrong thread. Lo siento:

GAHHHH I'm so annoyed right now.

So I used to work for EA (the game company) Nothin' big, I was a gameadvisor, those people who call you back when you use their click-to-callback system and help with game issues. I did have a lot of contact with some of the devs and higher ups though because I'm a coder and I helped fix a couple of bugs with games I love since I had their blessing to do so.

Currently, Dragon Age: Inquisition is facing a serious shitstorm because people are asshats. Not to say that the game is perfect, it's not and I was a little disappointed by it as well but I still really like it and honestly it was a better release than a lot of games these days (see AC: Unity and Blizzard's newest fiasco with users not even being able to play a game they paid for.). There are small bugs but nothing game-breaking at least not for the majority of users.

Try to defend Bioware? You're a retarded fangirl and you should kill yourself.
Try to explain logic to them? You're a retarded person and you should kill yourself.

Even in a thread complaining about hairstyles I encountered the stupid.
"EA also makes the sims, how are the hairstyles so terrible in inquisition!??"
Bioware and Maxis are both owned by EA, yes but they are completely separate entities. Everything down to the support is different. Gameadvisors for Maxis titles are different from those for Bioware titles even. They are the PUBLISHER not the DEVELOPER. It's like saying "This publisher published a really good book but they also published Twilight! Couldn't they have sent the good author to fix the mistakes with Twilight??"

"But they share resources!"
No. They don't. At all. For any reason.

"But they share resources with DICE like the engine!"
Yes, but that's DICE not Maxis. Different developers take different stances. They do NOT share resources with Maxis. Also, it wasn't a sharing of resources so much as EA funded the frostbite engine but let DICE have proprietary use of it first because they knew that BF was going to make them more money than any other title they could use it on. Shooters sell because any old dudebro can play a shooter. (Not that I don't like them but they do have a much wider audience than a rich story game like Inquisition.)

"Couldn't they have just sent a modeller over to work with hair?"
Sent over where? They aren't in the same building, they aren't in the same TOWN even.
EA main offices: Redwood, CA - Austin, TX
Maxis main offices: Redwood, CA - Chicago Ill
Bioware main offices: London, Edmonton Canada, Montreal Canada
Some of them aren't even in the same country! And no, they couldn't because the Maxis devs know nothing about Bioware's internal systems whatsoever so they wouldn't have been any use anyway! '

And if I say this they scoff at me saying I can't possibly know that. I can't tell them "Yeah I can, I worked for EA!" because they'll assume I'm lying and I can't prove it to them with screenshots of the internal systems or info about when I worked there because that would be breaking NDA.

I remember you mentioning you working there, or had just gotten the job anyway. It was a while back of course. heart

Man, there really has to be a difference between blatant rip offs and parodies.

My avatar and the item itself I consider be a blatant rip off of Takane Ene's character in Meikkaku City Actors. It would be different if it were just the legs in this item and in a different color, then it would be a "derivative/inspired by" but this is exact, and a whole set!

Things like Hanbaga March are what I'd consider a parody.

We should get members to dress themselves in copyrighted/derivative/parody items. Show Gaia just how much "inspiration" they take from other sources.

edit: Oh! first post on this page! I get the prize!!!
first post under me (who is not crew) gets it instead of me
razz  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:37 pm
Man, what an odd day. My stupid internet was being such a pill. I hate it when it won't connect to the internet sometimes and becomes uncooperative. In the meantime, I ended up playing Fable 2 for a while. Anyhow, I'll be off gold hunting for my next item quest, not sure what yet. Hmm....  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Faerie KatrinaZ

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:11 am
bump 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:04 am
I have a love-hate relationship with these arms.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:19 am
I have had major avi block lately :/
I think I need to do a mas sell of my invo and start over minus things that were gifts. And other sentimental items...But but idk crying  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:54 pm
Izzy Derp
I think I need to do a mas sell of my invo and start over minus things that were gifts. And other sentimental items...But but idk crying

It's going to be harder to start over without TekTek as a resource sad

xx I met my fate xx

there is one item on gaia that I totally hate right now, the Godina's. I've never found a use for them and I think they are gross, over priced, over colored and under posed. I have quite few of them right now too. I should just delete them all to satisfy an itch. evil  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:58 pm
Pwnder

Why not just sell the Godina items in the marketplace instead. I'm pretty sure at least the wig part of 'em will be useful to someone else. Just a suggestion.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:00 pm
Pwnder
Izzy Derp

It's going to be harder to start over without TekTek as a resource sad

xx I met my fate xx

there is one item on gaia that I totally hate right now, the Godina's. I've never found a use for them and I think they are gross, over priced, over colored and under posed. I have quite few of them right now too. I should just delete them all to satisfy an itch. evil

I'll take 'em! I use the hair and makeup, it's the only two poses I use but they're damned useful! XD  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:00 pm
Princess Zelda21
Pwnder

Why not just sell the Godina items in the marketplace instead. I'm pretty sure at least the wig part of 'em will be useful to someone else. Just a suggestion.

I hate them so much I don't want to sell them emotion_donotwant

You want one? What color?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:03 pm
Pwnder
Princess Zelda21
Pwnder

I hate them so much I don't want to sell them emotion_donotwant

You want one? What color?

Sure, I'll gladly take one off your hands. What colors do you have?

Princess Zelda21

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Princess Zelda21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:16 pm
Pwnder

Princess Zelda21

Um... you know what, I'll just take them all if that's alright with you.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:33 pm
Princess Zelda21
Pwnder

Princess Zelda21

Looks like I have to share with Fate, so tell you what, pick three of them and I'll give Fate 3 of them and donate the rest to the charity mule cool  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:38 pm
Pwnder
Princess Zelda21
Pwnder

Princess Zelda21

Looks like I have to share with Fate, so tell you what, pick three of them and I'll give Fate 3 of them and donate the rest to the charity mule cool

Sounds good to me! ^_^* I'll pick the pink, cyan and crystal blue ones.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Faerie KatrinaZ

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:32 am
Bump! 4laugh  
🎭Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]