Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:38 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅱ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅱ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Most of her class would likely call her strange, but Selina actually was looking forward to the first Herbology class of the new term, and though their instructor was a bit dour in his demeanor and somewhat sinister of presence, she'd learned much under his tutelage. In fact, what they learned last year allowed her to bring order to the chaos to the garden her mother used to tend, behind their home. After being allowed to go wild for the couple years since her death, Selina restored the garden to what it was before.

As a thank you gift, Selina brought along a pepper plant from her garden, and set it on the table beside the instructor. She noted immediately the changes in the room, and said to Professor Hill quietly, "Good morning, Professor Hill, I hope you had a nice summer, and I wished to thank you for what I learned last year."

When the lesson started, she saw students beginning to pair off. Lola was with Addie, and Devonte was on his own, which was fine by her. While she wouldn't mind Layton's company, his brother's behavior last year poisoned things enough she wanted nothing to do with him if she had the option. Selina decided to pick out a tree of her own to work on, and follow Professor Hill's example to the letter.

Starting to hum a tune softly, Selina carefully checked over her tree, pausing when she found a shriveled leaf or twig, trimming it with the degree of precision Mother Grey instilled in her. She glanced over and smiled when she heard her friend speaking to Addie about how plants could tell one their needs. "Not so hard at all," she assented in a very quiet voice.

mc

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:20 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Herbology II - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

Grace was far from the green thumb type but she still held an interest for the subject. Even with Professor Hill's personality she didn't mind the class. It was handy in the garden not that her house had one that had wizarding plants. Most of their garden consisted of typical muggle plants which made it easier (the plants don't fight back). The premise was the same though in both instances for the most part.

Walking into the greenhouse, Grace took a seat with Selina and the plant she was working on. Honestly the lesson was simple enough to follow. Trimming a Shrivelfig plant, watching the demonstration she went to work. Looking over the plant from her side Grace trimmed any of the dying ends. For the most part the plant looked health so that was good. "Looks like this Shrivelfig's in good condition." she said casually with a smile. This was certainly turning into a good day for gardening.

User Image

With: Selina, Lola, Addie

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Graydon Ironshield

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:36 pm
User Image

Addie's stare down with the plant was kindly interrupted by a Ravenclaw. The small Gryffindor nodded as the girl guessed her name. Addie felt a little rude as she had no idea who this chick was but she certainly wasn't going to turn down the help. The kind girl explained and demonstrated how to properly trim the tree making it look quite simple. Addie smiled in appreciation. "You really think the tree can tell me what it needs?" She asked curiously as she reached for her own pair of shears. "I mean the professor said these trees can be aggressive." She paused long enough to reach up to a branch that she thought looked like it should be trimmed. With a quick glance for approval from her partner she then cut it. "So if the tree is aggressive towards us why would it show us what it wants?" The brunette paused her search for bad branches to look towards the Ravenclaw.

mc2

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:00 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

"Aggressive, more as in hardy," Lola said with a smile, "or at least they aren't as 'aggressive' as say the Womping Willow. And of course, they tell you what they need. This tree right here is right now... it does so all the time. You just got to learn to be able to listen to it right. Just like anything." Lola added with a shrug as she touched one of the live leaves and it wiggled ever so slightly, seeming happy with the light touch. And she nodded at Addie who looked for approval about the branch to trim.

"And even if it is a bit aggressive, like say the Womping Willow, everything wants loved and cared for, so it'll tell you what it wants," Lola added, "You just have to sometimes work harder to understand some creatures than others. Especially the ones with a slightly more prickly personality, but still it'll tell you how what it wants none the less."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:53 pm
User Image

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕє¢σи∂ уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє
ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє fяσм уσυя ℓιєѕ
уσυ'яє ѕσ ѕєℓf ѕαтιѕfιє∂ ι ∂σи'т иєє∂ уσυ

ι'νє gσт тσ вяєαк fяєє
gσ∂ киσωѕ, gσ∂ киσωѕ ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

Ceri didn't mind Herbology; she liked to garden the few times her stepmonster allowed her to. The Professor was a bit of a put off, but Ceri wasn't too afraid of him. She immediately noticed the chairs and tables pushed aside in favor of trees in pots. Ceri stood off to the corner by herself, wondering if any of her friends would come help her. They were supposed to be pruning the dead leaves and branches off. Easy enough. Ceri grabbed her gloves and began to gently search through the tree for any dead leaves or branches, pruning them off and carefully setting them aside.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:05 pm
User Image

Addie giggled as Lola called the tree hardy instead of aggressive. "You're absolutely right. The whomping willow should win an award for its aggression." The Gryffindor was doing her best not to draw the scary professors attention with the giggling and visiting they were doing. Knowing full well they'd get in trouble for sure. Addie watched the Ravenclaw in amazement as the tree seemed to actually respond to her touch. "How did you get so good at this?" She asked wondering if maybe the girl had family who were herbologists. "Did your parents teach you?"

mc2

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:16 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Lola smiled as Addie giggled about the classification of the whomping willow as aggressive. She was still smiling as the question came on how she got so good at herbology and the question about her parents. She blushed for a moment and then said, "Uh... I guess Mum sort of did? My mother naturally has a bit of a 'green thumb' as the phrase goes, I guess. I just sort of inherited it..." She shrugged, her blush growing and she said, "When my brother isn't busy getting into arguments with the garden gnomes or playing with pixies and actually sets his mind to it, you can sort of see he has the same knack."

She shrugged, "Just runs in the family. Besides, some people are naturally good at say potions or charms or cooking or something, I just have a knack for plants. It isn't that big of deal." She ended, downplaying her talent and trying not to leave too many questions open for Addie to want to know exactly why the green thumb might be so genetic. Like half veelas tended to prettier than most or half giants were bigger, it was only natural you took some traits of the less human parent. As she was speaking she was finishing looking over the plant and said, "Well, I think he looks a little more perky and ready to have a good day? What do you think?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 am
User Image

Addie became intrigued as Lola explained that she got all her talent with plants from her mother. Lola made it sound like her mom just happened to be really good with plants and the brunette was amazed. "That's so cool." She replied as she finished her explanation.

Addie giggled at the comment have a good day towards the plant. "I think you're the boss when it comes to plants." She shot the Ravenclaw a teasing smile before glancing at the tree leaves one more time. The tree did seem to look better. "I'd have to agree. So are we supposed to ask the professor to check our work now?"

Mc2

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:56 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason entered the classroom where the tables and chairs had been replaced from the last lesson, ready to work. Setting up for the new lesson was easy, as there were two pots per student, one already with a plant inside, and the other just filled halfway with soil. There was also a collection of earmuffs of various sizes and colours on the front table, where Jason settled as he waited for the students to enter.

It didn't take long for the classroom to fill up, which Jason shut with a wave of his wand and shut and locked the door. His eyes then bore into the students seated before him.
                                                      "Considering how you did last lesson, I am honestly surprised. At least a few of you seemed to be more competent than you showed last year, and I am highly disappointed that you did not reveal this during classes. As such, I don't find myself feeling as though this class is going to be a complete disaster like I fear it could easily be. However, I will state right now that I find anyone acting as fools or incompetents during this lesson, you will be kicked from the classroom immediately. No exceptions." Jason gestured to the plant beside him, which shook lightly as he spoke. "This, students, is a mandragora, or what is commonly called a Mandrake. Mandrakes, if handled improperly, can kill a person that is handling them. I imagine that some of you would be willing to test this theory, but I assure you, these mandrakes are incapable of killing at their current age. Mandrakes, when fully grown, kill with their screams. These ones, however, are too immature to kill in that fashion. Anyone here know precisely why that would be?"

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: If anyone tries anything foolish this class...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:48 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅱ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅱ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

When Selina arrived for class she spotted the collection of earmuffs straight away and suspected what they would be doing today: repotting Mandrakes. By and large it was a thankless task, as the plants would writhe, scream and bite. 'I would too if someone pulled me out of the ground by my hair,' she thought philosophically.' Of course my screams don't kill people. There was a reason why Mother Grey never let me near the shed when she worked on them.'

Professor Hill started class telling them how surprised he was by the competence of some, and disappointment at others, and a warning to all he wouldn't put up with any nonsense.

When he asked his question, Selina raised her hand, and offered, "Because at this stage their cries are only capable of knocking somebody out for a few hours. However, they do bite..."

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Herbology II - Wednesday @ 2:00pm

Grace entered the greenhouse ready for anything Professor Hill threw at them. Of course he wouldn't actually throw it at them. Taking a seat promptly she waited for instruction. At first glance she noted the earmuffs had a feeling she knew what they were doing. Of course she read about mandrakes so it wasn't like she didn't know anything. However, Grace left it up to her housemate to answer Professor Hill's question. By the sounds of it Selina was certainly right about that but that hardly surprised the Ravenclaw.

User Image

With: Professor Hill, Selina

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:57 pm
User Image

Addie walked into Herbology this time not completely dreading it like she had last lesson. Right away she noticed the chairs were back to she took her normal one and waited for her friends to show up. The professor began with a slight backhanded compliment as usual which depleted any confidence that she had built up. The brunette listened quietly as the know it all gave her answer.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:29 pm
The days get shorter and the nights get cold,
I like the autumn but this place is getting old,
I pack up my belongings and head for the coast,

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Hufflepuff ║ Pureblood

Layton walked into the greenhouse for Herbology, a bit saddened. He hated Herbology with a passion. He stood next to a pot with a Mandrake in it, eyeing it carefully. He had a desire to poke it, but he held back that desire, as he didn't really want to get in trouble or have his finger bitten off. He listened to the answers given, not really able to offer one up himself.

OOC:

Quote:

It might not be a lot but I feel like I'm making the most,
The days get longer and the nights smell green,
I guess it's not surprising but it's spring and I should leave.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:57 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:00 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school besides myself is Professor Thorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff