+ 1
View Results

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:00 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Last Trickster Prince
kujjles
It's certainly looking like it to me. I misread some of the prices (that happens when you pull an all nighter to clean out your room completely XD
What if we were to use the cheapest skin? Maybe the Zombie 2k8 potion? It's literally the cheapest and I think turning into zombies would send a message.

Or the sopa censorship item.
Or both.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:59 pm
Last Trickster Prince
kujjles
It's certainly looking like it to me. I misread some of the prices (that happens when you pull an all nighter to clean out your room completely XD
What if we were to use the cheapest skin? Maybe the Zombie 2k8 potion? It's literally the cheapest and I think turning into zombies would send a message.

Yeah, That'd be shweet, and maybe instead of a day, keep the avatar like it for a week (or however long people choose) so people really get the chance to see what's going on~
Besides... 10 announcements doesn't KILL us like car crashes can, so a zombie skin might represent better in retrospect XD  

kujjles

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:44 pm
xx I met my fate xx

Actually most avatar websites have something similar in their TOS. This one was edited last december but it wasn't noticed until now.

Just wanted to correct you on this, but that portion of the ToS was not part of the original December edit. It happened after.

I think the original part they edited on that date referred to purchases, after that they made two more edits. The first being about the site shutting down, and the second one was about no longer notifying users of any changes made to the ToS.

These changes were made months ago after the December date.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 pm
Alexius08

The change happened started last year. The questionable changes we've seen so far are:

1. Section 3, where it said that they can shut down the site without prior notice and that it's our responsibility to check for changes in the ToS that they make without telling us beforehand. It also tells us to quit if we disagree with the changes.
2. Section 4a used to protect only members of Gaia from harassment. It has been changed to include Gaia's employees and third parties.
3. Section 4q, a new addition, can be invoked to remove posts that contain the real name of he-who-must-not-be-named.
4. Section 7 now explicitly mentions that gold from our inventory can be changed anytime. It never said anything about our inventories before.

FIX'D! xd

But, thank you so much for that list!

See, I couldn't remember how many times they changed it since the December date, but ever notice how they sneak in there to change the rules around whenever the users confront them on ANYTHING?

When people were calling out the CEO and COO, that was the beginning of it. Along with the thread deletions (civil or not), a staffer went in there and changed somethings out to include themselves.  

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:01 am
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx

Actually most avatar websites have something similar in their TOS. This one was edited last december but it wasn't noticed until now.

Just wanted to correct you on this, but that portion of the ToS was not part of the original December edit. It happened after.

I think the original part they edited on that date referred to purchases, after that they made two more edits. The first being about the site shutting down, and the second one was about no longer notifying users of any changes made to the ToS.

Huh, interesting. I coulda sworn I read those in the december update but that makes them a bit more worrisome. Thanks for letting me know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:29 am
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx

Huh, interesting. I coulda sworn I read those in the december update but that makes them a bit more worrisome. Thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome.

Alexius' post reminded me of what they changed out first, which was section 4. The part where talking about a member of staff is now an offense.

This happened after many users were calling him and the COO out by their name. I think we can all remember the threads that were deleted as a result?

The sneaky part is that they've repeatedly gone into the ToS to change it based on user outrage. So it wasn't done in one go, but done based on what they don't want to get sued over. rolleyes  

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:33 am
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx

You're welcome.

Alexius' post reminded me of what they changed out first, which was section 4. The part where talking about a member of staff is now an offense.

This happened after many users were calling him and the COO out by their name. I think we can all remember the threads that were deleted as a result?

The sneaky part is that they've repeatedly gone into the ToS to change it based on user outrage. So it wasn't done in one go, but done based on what they don't want to get sued over. rolleyes

It's sneaky but they do technically have the right to make changes at any time without notifying us. Solia and Syndrone both have the "We can change this at any time without telling you" clause as well though Syndrones is worded less professionally as "We'll try to notify you but we don't HAVE to."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:37 am
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx

You're welcome.

It's sneaky but they do technically have the right to make changes at any time without notifying us. Solia and Syndrone both have the "We can change this at any time without telling you" clause as well though Syndrones is worded less professionally as "We'll try to notify you but we don't HAVE to."

They actually don't.

Original holders of the agreement, pre-revision, are entitled to have their notices given to them at the time of change.

A user found the 2010 agreement (which stuck up till earlier this year) that stated that they would give us notice.

So the moral of the story is, yes you are entitled to change it. No you're not entitled to change what we've originally agreed to without notice.  

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:40 am
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx

You're welcome.

They actually don't.

Original holders of the agreement, pre-revision, are entitled to have their notices given to them at the time of change.

A user found the 2010 agreement (which stuck up till earlier this year) that stated that they would give us notice.

So the moral of the story is, yes you are entitled to change it. No you're not entitled to change what we've originally agreed to without notice.

That user was wrong. That clause has always existed. I believe it's some sort of legality that they have to include it. I can show you the solia and syndrone versions if you like but I'm 100% that they always had something (perhaps worded differently) in the TOS about how they could make changes at any time and weren't liable to inform us.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:45 am
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx

You're welcome.

They actually don't.

That user was wrong. That clause has always existed. I believe it's some sort of legality that they have to include it. I can show you the solia and syndrone versions if you like but I'm 100% that they always had something (perhaps worded differently) in the TOS about how they could make changes at any time and weren't liable to inform us.

On this site? No that user was not wrong. I'm also testifying to that fact that it did state that Gaia would notify us since I also remember it being so. I've had to look up the ToS numerous times when looking for report links or clauses to help with my mod training. This was sometime last year or the year before. And it's not just me, but a friend of mine as well. We've seen that, word for word, before they changed it out. It never stated otherwise before.

I can assure you, Gaia changed it out earlier this year.  

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:47 am
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx
Catalyste
xx I met my fate xx

You're welcome.

They actually don't.

On this site? No that user was not wrong. I'm also testifying to that fact that it did state that Gaia would notify us since I also remember it being so. I've had to look up the ToS numerous times when looking for report links or clauses to help with my mod training. This was sometime last year or the year before. And it's not just me, but a friend of mine as well. We've seen that, word for word, before they changed it out. It never stated otherwise before.

I can assure you, Gaia changed it out earlier this year.

If they did that's strange but they likely just did it to keep up with the current trend on most online TOS. Unfortunately Gaia is no longer a tight knit community. They don't inform us of every change since they're a big company now. It's sad but I don't necessarily want to read anything sinister into the changes. The wording is rude but I think they're just covering their butts against lawsuits.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:58 am
xx I met my fate xx

If they did that's strange but they likely just did it to keep up with the current trend on most online TOS. Unfortunately Gaia is no longer a tight knit community. They don't inform us of every change since they're a big company now. It's sad but I don't necessarily want to read anything sinister into the changes. The wording is rude but I think they're just covering their butts against lawsuits.

I don't think they changed it out to match other sites. I think they did it for the precise reason of covering themselves from irate users. I'm not trying to read anything into it, but I have noticed a pattern.

CEO/COO names are plastered all over SF and GCD.

ToS change.

MCs resold in cash shop. Users have a fit.

ToS change.

Items being sold with highly suggestive poses and nude-baring avi glitches where people are given warnings for simply using the item?

Not really a ToS change, but Gaia basically said "so what." Who knows, they probably will go in there and change that portion out too if they didn't already.

Thing is, it's wrong and it creates insecurity within the site. neutral  

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:30 am
kujjles
Last Trickster Prince
kujjles

Yeah, That'd be shweet, and maybe instead of a day, keep the avatar like it for a week (or however long people choose) so people really get the chance to see what's going on~
Besides... 10 announcements doesn't KILL us like car crashes can, so a zombie skin might represent better in retrospect XD
That would work. :T
Also, I think it really gets the message across: Gaia is trying to turn us into Cash-buying Zombies. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:31 am
Last Trickster Prince
kujjles
Last Trickster Prince
kujjles

That would work. :T
Also, I think it really gets the message across: Gaia is trying to turn us into Cash-buying Zombies. lol

I think this needs to be a thing, this needs to happen. Especially with the summer blast thing spam going on right now~ I think it would be noticeable with the amount of announcements we're getting and all that~ Is there a thread for it or something yet?  

kujjles

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:39 pm
kujjles
I think this needs to be a thing, this needs to happen. Especially with the summer blast thing spam going on right now~ I think it would be noticeable with the amount of announcements we're getting and all that~ Is there a thread for it or something yet?
To be honest, I think the announcements have kinda died down for now. lol
Still, we could still do it. I'm sure they'll be spamming quite a bit anyway. Do you think CB would work? :T  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff