Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:48 pm
Last Trickster Prince
ok so I had an idea.
What if we hold a "gc walkout" in SF. Basically, for one month, people would pledge to not buy/use GC. They can use the site all they want, they just have to keep their wallets closed. I figured it might actually work since even regular gc-buyers are getting fed up with Gaia's bologna. lol

Another idea I had is collection of items you'd like to buy with GC. Seeing as the whole anti-gc movement has had zero effect on Gaia's marketing strategy, and the anti-GG efforts make no difference, we'd tell them what we WOULD be willing to spend our irl monies on. They keep feeding us the old "GAIA IS A BUSINESS" excuse so let's tell them what we'll do to keep the lights on.

THOUGHTS?

I think what people keep forgetting is that progress takes time to see. That means that just because a protest, walkout, or boycott didn't get immediate results does not mean it did not work.

Gaia relies on people to give up and buy their products. So that means that anyone conducting any form of protesting must keep up the momentum in order to combat Gaia's current behavior. After all, I recall when people started protesting against buying GC. It always starts out with just a handful. But now, even those who were adamant about buying cash items have decided that enough is enough for them. Their patience has worn as thin as their wallets.

The key to a successful anything is to keep going and not give up. Progress takes time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:56 am
Catalyste
Last Trickster Prince
ok so I had an idea.
What if we hold a "gc walkout" in SF. Basically, for one month, people would pledge to not buy/use GC. They can use the site all they want, they just have to keep their wallets closed. I figured it might actually work since even regular gc-buyers are getting fed up with Gaia's bologna. lol

Another idea I had is collection of items you'd like to buy with GC. Seeing as the whole anti-gc movement has had zero effect on Gaia's marketing strategy, and the anti-GG efforts make no difference, we'd tell them what we WOULD be willing to spend our irl monies on. They keep feeding us the old "GAIA IS A BUSINESS" excuse so let's tell them what we'll do to keep the lights on.

THOUGHTS?

I think what people keep forgetting is that progress takes time to see. That means that just because a protest, walkout, or boycott didn't get immediate results does not mean it did not work.

Gaia relies on people to give up and buy their products. So that means that anyone conducting any form of protesting must keep up the momentum in order to combat Gaia's current behavior. After all, I recall when people started protesting against buying GC. It always starts out with just a handful. But now, even those who were adamant about buying cash items have decided that enough is enough for them. Their patience has worn as thin as their wallets.

The key to a successful anything is to keep going and not give up. Progress takes time.
That's exactly what I was saying! That's what inspired my ideas. (: I wasn't saying we should enact them ASAP. I just wanted to know what people thought about the ideas. :T  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

kujjles

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:35 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Catalyste
Last Trickster Prince
ok so I had an idea.

THOUGHTS?

Well I think... it would already be easy to do the GC walk out. I think a lot of people, actually, are already refusing to buy cash, which is awesome. One of the hard things to do though, is getting the word out. The thread advertising the normal walk out was deleted, and one directly attacking the cash flow like that would probably garner a quick delete via shady means. There's ways. Friends can PM friends, aquarium bottles, etc etc, but I think one of the biggest struggles we face right now is getting other people outside of the guild interested in the walk outs and whatnots.

I think they're much more likely to listen to us talk about what we'd want to spend money on, but I don't think they'll stop the generators and stuff like that still. They just make too much money off of it. For everyone one of us that refuses and begs to NOT have them put out GGs, there's another 13 year old who begs mum n dad for $20 every other week so they can afford all the shiny pixels, y'know? I can't tell you how many times I posted about this problem, and had some bratty youngin' who didn't have to worry about their financial situation themselves yet raining in on the parade. Regardles... voicing what we want is better than nothing~ I'd rather see them putting a mix of good things and bad things onto the site than what all of... this (wild hand motions) is~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:17 am
Last Trickster Prince
Catalyste
Last Trickster Prince
ok so I had an idea.

THOUGHTS?

That's exactly what I was saying! That's what inspired my ideas. (: I wasn't saying we should enact them ASAP. I just wanted to know what people thought about the ideas. :T

Thumbs up for the Super Jail avi, by the way. 3nodding

I was just saying to never give up after the first try, that's all. I wasn't saying that any of the ideas are bad.

I think a load of us has decided to stop buying GC, or greatly reduce how much we buy (for those who can't stop themselves).

Speaking of ideas....

kujjles

I mentioned earlier of how I liked the idea of spreading the message of boycotting through the bottle messages. I thought that was pretty brilliant. I've known people who told me they got involved with the walkout, yet they're not part of this guild, nor did they "sign up" in the thread. In my eyes, as long as they participate, that's all that we can hope for. Right? wink  

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:30 am
Catalyste

I was just saying to never give up after the first try, that's all. I wasn't saying that any of the ideas are bad.

I think a load of us has decided to stop buying GC, or greatly reduce how much we buy (for those who can't stop themselves).

Thanks. The new season made me want to cosplay Warden. lol

I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me not to give up, though. This is where I am confused about your response. If I had given up, I wouldn't be suggesting things. I wouldn't be making a charity. I wouldn't even be here.

And I commend those who have broken/lessened their GC habits! I'm just saying, let's take it one step further. Let's keep up the activity. Let Gaia know we're still fighting.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:39 am
kujjles

Well I think... it would already be easy to do the GC walk out. I think a lot of people, actually, are already refusing to buy cash, which is awesome. One of the hard things to do though, is getting the word out. The thread advertising the normal walk out was deleted, and one directly attacking the cash flow like that would probably garner a quick delete via shady means. There's ways. Friends can PM friends, aquarium bottles, etc etc, but I think one of the biggest struggles we face right now is getting other people outside of the guild interested in the walk outs and whatnots.

I think they're much more likely to listen to us talk about what we'd want to spend money on, but I don't think they'll stop the generators and stuff like that still. They just make too much money off of it. For everyone one of us that refuses and begs to NOT have them put out GGs, there's another 13 year old who begs mum n dad for $20 every other week so they can afford all the shiny pixels, y'know? I can't tell you how many times I posted about this problem, and had some bratty youngin' who didn't have to worry about their financial situation themselves yet raining in on the parade. Regardles... voicing what we want is better than nothing~ I'd rather see them putting a mix of good things and bad things onto the site than what all of... this (wild hand motions) is~
Yes, I know. We really need to get our base up. OTL But what reason would they have to delete a GC Walkout? We'll still be using the site, we just won't be spending money.

Right? I'm sick of all of the announcements being disappointments. A glimmer of hope is better than none at all.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:52 am
Last Trickster Prince
Catalyste

Thanks. The new season made me want to cosplay Warden. lol

I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me not to give up, though. This is where I am confused about your response. If I had given up, I wouldn't be suggesting things. I wouldn't be making a charity. I wouldn't even be here.

And I commend those who have broken/lessened their GC habits! I'm just saying, let's take it one step further. Let's keep up the activity. Let Gaia know we're still fighting.

Well I felt the need to say that because of the statements you made about the anti-GC and anti-GG movements having no effect. I felt it important to emphasize the fact that a continued resistance to their marketing efforts will only gather more supporters as time goes on.

I've actually seen both movements have an effect on Gaia's marketing tact. I've seen in reflected in the GG stocks on the MP and I've seen it reflected from pure GG to item/gold generators.

So whatever it is we do, we simply have to keep going.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:35 am
Catalyste
Well I felt the need to say that because of the statements you made about the anti-GC and anti-GG movements having no effect. I felt it important to emphasize the fact that a continued resistance to their marketing efforts will only gather more supporters as time goes on.

I've actually seen both movements have an effect on Gaia's marketing tact. I've seen in reflected in the GG stocks on the MP and I've seen it reflected from pure GG to item/gold generators.

So whatever it is we do, we simply have to keep going.
I just said that stuff because I'm an impatient jerk. Sorry about that. sweatdrop

I agree with you about the continued resistance. That's why I'm trying to come up with ideas. I think we should aim for at least one event a month, instead of just whenever we can figure something out.

As far as GG's go, I think people are just getting sick of them. It's not really active resistance. It's people doing the bare minimum and just not buying 'em up anymore.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas