0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:01 pm
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

Fate Says:
This, exactly this.

You see my account? My avi isn't some newbish creation of someone with no gold, is it?

I have not purchased Gaia Cash since...well probably since 2009 or '10 at the latest. Even then I purchased no more than 10-15 dollars a month because why spend more than that on stupid pixels. Anyone who does ____________________________ This comment has been censored because people are ridiculously oversensitive.

You want to buy Gcash? FINE, but don't claim to actually care about the revolution. (This comment has been edited to save some precious baby feelings.)

You know what? I just have to say something here.

At the time of this posting, there are not one, but TWO gold generators that reward up to ONE BILLION gold in the cash shop. Read that again: Not ONE, but TWO of them.

There are also (so far) EIGHT announcements today with at least one new RIG that rewards up to 250 million gold.

Yet, I would rather have another ten (yes, TEN) announcements with nothing BUT gold generators released today than see this post having to be censored or edited in any way.

I don't like this. I don't like this at ALL.

This is EXACTLY what Gaia itself does to us, and now we're forced to lower and/or compromise ourselves here in the guild?

Again, I don't like this. I don't like this at ALL.

RG Charity Mule

Pwnder

Pegasaurus Rex

Izzy Said Rawr

I was asked to edit my post, so I did. We had users leaving over my comments and while I absolutely meant everything I said, I should not have said it so rudely. Please don't blame them. I wish I could speak my mind all the time here in the guild, I do...but on the other hand causing users to leave because of my words only hurts us.

(Granted a part of me does believe that anyone offended by my words is not someone we need anyway.....)

At this point, even if they're only warm bodies, we have to keep the warm bodies somewhat happy.

I know that you were asked to edit, sweetheart, and that's why I quoted everyone and their housecat with this post. The editing was glaringly obvious because I saw the passive-aggressive post from the user that left before his comment was removed. If anyone wants my opinion (which many probably don't,) that user was an obvious troll that posted deliberately in more than one thread to ruffle some feathers.

So, I say : NO BIG LOSS

I would rather have a guild of 100 people that truly BELIEVE in the cause than a guild with 10,000 warm bodies that try to white knight for Gaia, force us to censor ourselves or to shut the ******** up or get out. That is the EXACT message that Gaia sends to us on a daily basis, and it's a core philosophy upon which this very guild was founded, yet we're now forced/asked to censor our posts to appease the so-called masses? I don't think so!

I won't, and if that ruffles feathers, then anyone that sees fit can feel free to kick me to the curb and right the hell out of this guild because I WILL NOT leave. Isn't that what we're saying to Gaia? Or has that message changed too?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:11 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

Fate Says:
This, exactly this.

You see my account? My avi isn't some newbish creation of someone with no gold, is it?

I have not purchased Gaia Cash since...well probably since 2009 or '10 at the latest. Even then I purchased no more than 10-15 dollars a month because why spend more than that on stupid pixels. Anyone who does ____________________________ This comment has been censored because people are ridiculously oversensitive.

You want to buy Gcash? FINE, but don't claim to actually care about the revolution. (This comment has been edited to save some precious baby feelings.)

You know what? I just have to say something here.

At the time of this posting, there are not one, but TWO gold generators that reward up to ONE BILLION gold in the cash shop. Read that again: Not ONE, but TWO of them.

There are also (so far) EIGHT announcements today with at least one new RIG that rewards up to 250 million gold.

Yet, I would rather have another ten (yes, TEN) announcements with nothing BUT gold generators released today than see this post having to be censored or edited in any way.

I don't like this. I don't like this at ALL.

This is EXACTLY what Gaia itself does to us, and now we're forced to lower and/or compromise ourselves here in the guild?

Again, I don't like this. I don't like this at ALL.

RG Charity Mule

Pwnder

Pegasaurus Rex

Izzy Said Rawr

I was asked to edit my post, so I did. We had users leaving over my comments and while I absolutely meant everything I said, I should not have said it so rudely. Please don't blame them. I wish I could speak my mind all the time here in the guild, I do...but on the other hand causing users to leave because of my words only hurts us.

(Granted a part of me does believe that anyone offended by my words is not someone we need anyway.....)

At this point, even if they're only warm bodies, we have to keep the warm bodies somewhat happy.

I know that you were asked to edit, sweetheart, and that's why I quoted everyone and their housecat with this post. The editing was glaringly obvious because I saw the passive-aggressive post from the user that left before his comment was removed. If anyone wants my opinion (which many probably don't,) that user was an obvious troll that posted deliberately in more than one thread to ruffle some feathers.

So, I say : NO BIG LOSS

I would rather have a guild of 100 people that truly BELIEVE in the cause than a guild with 10,000 warm bodies that try to white knight for Gaia, force us to censor ourselves or to shut the ******** up or get out. That is the EXACT message that Gaia sends to us on a daily basis, and it's a core philosophy upon which this very guild was founded, yet we're now forced/asked to censor our posts to appease the so-called masses? I don't think so!

I won't, and if that ruffles feathers, then anyone that sees fit can feel free to kick me to the curb and right the hell out of this guild because I WILL NOT leave. Isn't that what we're saying to Gaia? Or has that message changed too?

Absolutely not. And anyone who tries to kick you to the curb is going to go through me. We NEED users with your passion and your dedication. People who see the black and white of the situation without throwing in needless shades of grey or being hypocritical.

Honestly I agree. I'd rather have fewer users if they actually care. In my opinion those who are easily offended or the people who are still buying Gcash are nothing but Hypocrites and I can't respect them in the least.

I don't know. At this point I'm completely torn to be honest.

I'm loyal to you, you're a friend and you've done wonders to this guild. I agree with you 100% on a personal level and I really hate having to censor myself.

At the same time, I'm loyal to Pwnder. She's also a friend, she has balls and dedication also but she at this point has to do what's best for the guild since she's the one running things right now.

The rest of the crew is great. I have no qualms with most of them and the only one I have a problem with right now is probably very aware of the fact. If they're not I'll gladly send them a message letting them know exactly how I feel.

I guess all I can do is try to walk a tightrope between being honest with how I feel but being aware that my words affect more than just me, even when I have a damn post style that says quite clearly that they are personal opinions.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:21 pm
xx I met my fate xx

Absolutely not. And anyone who tries to kick you to the curb is going to go through me. We NEED users with your passion and your dedication. People who see the black and white of the situation without throwing in needless shades of grey or being hypocritical.

Honestly I agree. I'd rather have fewer users if they actually care. In my opinion those who are easily offended or the people who are still buying Gcash are nothing but Hypocrites and I can't respect them in the least.

I don't know. At this point I'm completely torn to be honest.

I'm loyal to you, you're a friend and you've done wonders to this guild. I agree with you 100% on a personal level and I really hate having to censor myself.

At the same time, I'm loyal to Pwnder. She's also a friend, she has balls and dedication also but she at this point has to do what's best for the guild since she's the one running things right now.

The rest of the crew is great. I have no qualms with most of them and the only one I have a problem with right now is probably very aware of the fact. If they're not I'll gladly send them a message letting them know exactly how I feel.

I guess all I can do is try to walk a tightrope between being honest with how I feel but being aware that my words affect more than just me, even when I have a damn post style that says quite clearly that they are personal opinions.

I understand all counts, and I sincerely thank you on all counts as well.

I want to state here for the record too that I respect this guild and everything behind it too. But I don't want to see us censored, even if it's something that we agree and/or impose upon ourselves. Otherwise, there will be no guild to watch out for. At least not a guild that's worthy of the respect that this one has earned. I don't want to lose that respect, and I don't want to feel as though I can't speak my mind in whatever manner I choose: I don't want that for ANY member in this guild, even if I wholeheartedly disagree with what they have to say. It all comes down to respect, and for the most part, that's strong here.

With the user and/or the post(s) in question ,there was little respect given, and there was a prevailing attitude intended to provoke a response. Well, they got a response; several of them, in fact.

I understand and I respect this/your position more than you might ever know. I don't like the shades of grey, and I don't like hypocrites. I just had to come forward and stand my ground not only for you, but for ALL of here that don't ride the fence. I am firmly planted on one side of that fence, yet I always try to see the other side and take a peek under that rock. But when confronted when something such as this with regard to a member that chose their words carefully to antagonize, I will stand my ground and I will defend what I truly feel to be the reasons behind my being here in the first place.

You, my dear Fate, are a gem, and you have my utmost respect in every way. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:34 pm
You're welcome.
It's not that user that bothers me. It's the four or more that message Pwnder who do. That user left and I know they were trying to provoke a response...the others bother me because they didn't come to me. Instead they chose to take my PERSONAL OPINION as a reason to go to the guild leader. They caused her suffering and work.

Honestly...I would be willing to bet my left tit that none of those people were anyone who had ever DONE anything for this guild. They were probably some of those who might post once in a while but don't really help at all.

I could be wrong but who knows.

Either way...at this point I feel damned if I do, damned if I don't.

You're a friend to me. I admire how outspoken you are and how strong you are in your beliefs. I feel that by censoring myself I'm betraying you.

Pwnder is a friend to me. I admire how strong she is and how hard she's working to help this guild. I feel that by speaking my mind I'm causing her pain and betraying her.

If I betray one I'm being true to myself and my personal beliefs.
If i betray the other I'm being true to my cause and helping the guild I love.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:07 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

I am sorry you guys are being censored :/ I just came back to this after dealing with real life issues.
I think you too are amazing and I agree with you both 100%
I love you guy's passion and such. And I am sorry some people are immature little wimps that can't take being told how it is <3  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 pm
Izzy Said Rawr
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

I am sorry you guys are being censored :/ I just came back to this after dealing with real life issues.
I think you too are amazing and I agree with you both 100%
I love you guy's passion and such. And I am sorry some people are immature little wimps that can't take being told how it is <3

Let it most definitely be said that I feel the same about you, my dear. Censorship, in whatever form, is not something I would endorse or support in any way.

Thank you sweetheart, and I hope that everything with your real life issues turns out for the best. You'll be in my thoughts, rest assured.

Much love and support to you in every way, hun.
emotion_hug  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:35 pm
xx I met my fate xx
You're welcome.
It's not that user that bothers me. It's the four or more that message Pwnder who do. That user left and I know they were trying to provoke a response...the others bother me because they didn't come to me. Instead they chose to take my PERSONAL OPINION as a reason to go to the guild leader. They caused her suffering and work.

Honestly...I would be willing to bet my left tit that none of those people were anyone who had ever DONE anything for this guild. They were probably some of those who might post once in a while but don't really help at all.

I could be wrong but who knows.

Either way...at this point I feel damned if I do, damned if I don't.

You're a friend to me. I admire how outspoken you are and how strong you are in your beliefs. I feel that by censoring myself I'm betraying you.

Pwnder is a friend to me. I admire how strong she is and how hard she's working to help this guild. I feel that by speaking my mind I'm causing her pain and betraying her.

If I betray one I'm being true to myself and my personal beliefs.
If i betray the other I'm being true to my cause and helping the guild I love.

You, my dear Fate, are admired in ways you can't even imagine as well.

I also hold the same respect for Pwnder and everything you are all doing for us here both inside AND outside this guild.

I don't want you torn because at the end of it all, we have to be true to ourselves. Sometimes that comes at a cost for the greater good, but never at the cost of feeling as though one has to betray themselves and how they truly feel. It's a fine line, and you walk it with dignity. There's an inherent respect that comes with that kind of class and integrity.

As for those that messaged her directly, I would bet my own left tit as well that it's those that rarely come out of the shadows unless there's a chance to stir up some kind of issue. But, I like my left tit, and without it, I would be lopsided, so I choose to acknowledge those that complain in the shadows for exactly their worth to me: NOTHING.

We can discuss matters here. We can even disagree, as we most certainly will, but not at the cost of being censored. Censorship leads to silence, and with silence, we have no voice. Without a voice, we will never be heard. Or at the very least, the only voices that will be heard are those that already sing praises to Gaia for everything they're doing to us.

I won't be silenced, and you are most certainly not damned either way. Nor am I.

emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 pm
Damnit my post never went though after all that time I spent reading and considering everything that has happened and typing up my response. Eff you Gaia, went 404 on me twice today emotion_donotwant

Basically, we all hold the same view on purchasing Gaia cash here, Fate, Izzy, OUI and me. But I think we need to be careful in our delivery no matter our level of frustration. It might sound really stupid to some but this Gaia crap has kept me awake some nights and some with a few gold generator nightmares, it really blows my mind how IRL this whole thing hits to me. But if you spend 1/4 of your life dedicated to something it kinda gains its roots in your life. So, I totally get the whole frustration surrounding this problem because I want to punch holes in walls every time I see ignorance too.

I view us all as being in a position to educate users. Why? well, some of them just don't see the "bigger picture" or the manipulation that is going on (like us) and we refuse to become a part of it and it's bothersome to see someone else be so blindly sucked into it, that is what gets us angry. But if you take on the educator role, the person who knows better (us), we can induce some real thought processes in people to reconsider if its done the right way, delivery. Sometimes people will argue back and seem to not listen, but eventually they figure it out on their own and go "OMG they were right" so sometimes we just have to let them "fly with their own wings" after we have given our two cents worth. No one listens to anything that is filled with hostility. I know this from many many many years of experience from just growing up in my family and managing 30 or more people at work, including my own bosses yeah, weird I know....

None of our opinions or stances on this subject are wrong but if we have to power to change thought processes on this then we are golden. I think that this is our job or true calling to be in R:G, that is how I feel about it. We are supposed to be shinning examples of knowledge and Gaia citizenship that others will look up to and follow in our example, while having the ability to change minds, if done right. We have to "effectively get our point across", to quote our guild header.

*kicks soap box*
I don't need that s**t....  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items