Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG // 03/10/14 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 69 *giggles* )
  *generates gold*
View Results

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:55 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
User Image

My friend played the dice roll RIG (She's clueless about the gaian economy and refuses to be educated) and she said the highest she got was 20mil from a double of 10mil and the lowest was less than 1mil.

However, the items you can get range in price from 1mil to the most valuable ones on the site.

This is the one release that stands out the most for me this week (aside from the dreadful Project thing that made someone a multi-billionnaire with that effing Golden Ticket).

The Dice Roll awards a TON of rare releases, many of them former (bastardized) MCs from 03 and 04.

On the plus side, several prizes are newer "rare" items that will hit the gold reserves for many of the countless Cash Shop customers now. A double-edged sword is rearing its ugly head here on Gaia: Could have some major backlash from the new users since Gaia doesn't give a s**t about those of us that have been here for years. At least it's becoming an equal-opportunity bendover without a reacharound now.
emotion_kirakira

Yup! Plus...in all honestly while it IS spewing items into the economy, it's also deflating a lot of the ones that were ridiculous.

Silver lining to a s**t cloud? XD

Still needs to burn.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:58 pm
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
User Image

My friend played the dice roll RIG (She's clueless about the gaian economy and refuses to be educated) and she said the highest she got was 20mil from a double of 10mil and the lowest was less than 1mil.

However, the items you can get range in price from 1mil to the most valuable ones on the site.

This is the one release that stands out the most for me this week (aside from the dreadful Project thing that made someone a multi-billionnaire with that effing Golden Ticket).

The Dice Roll awards a TON of rare releases, many of them former (bastardized) MCs from 03 and 04.

On the plus side, several prizes are newer "rare" items that will hit the gold reserves for many of the countless Cash Shop customers now. A double-edged sword is rearing its ugly head here on Gaia: Could have some major backlash from the new users since Gaia doesn't give a s**t about those of us that have been here for years. At least it's becoming an equal-opportunity bendover without a reacharound now.
emotion_kirakira

Yup! Plus...in all honestly while it IS spewing items into the economy, it's also deflating a lot of the ones that were ridiculous.

Still needs to burn.

LOLOL! Silver lining to a s**t cloud...I love it!

But yes, many items that I've been eyeing for a while now are now massively deflated, and for once, it's not at MY expense with being on the losing end.

*snags up items at someone else's expense for a change*

0Ul

Versatile Girl

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:01 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
User Image

emotion_kirakira

Still needs to burn.

But yes, many items that I've been eyeing for a while now are now massively deflated, and for once, it's not at MY expense with being on the losing end.

Yup. I bought a bunch of the items that noteably deflated to put them in my store here in the guild. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:05 pm
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
User Image

emotion_kirakira

Still needs to burn.

Yup. I bought a bunch of the items that noteably deflated to put them in my store here in the guild. ^_^

LOL! You KNOW I'm going to shop your store again for anything I might have missed!! I'm terrible, but you've come to know that I can't resist a bargain on all the pretties! mrgreen  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:06 pm
0Ul

Hey, buy as much as you want. The store is there to be used. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:08 pm
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul

You know I will, love! I'll be standing at your storefront acting like I'm waiting for someone, but the truth is I'm just waiting for your next sale. I'm all innocent standing there drinking my coffee like I just happened to be standing there by mistake and all. LOL
emotion_omnomnom  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:13 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul

You know I will, love! I'll be standing at your storefront acting like I'm waiting for someone, but the truth is I'm just waiting for your next sale. I'm all innocent standing there drinking my coffee like I just happened to be standing there by mistake and all. LOL
emotion_omnomnom

I'm adding more new stuff right now. ^_^ I'm trying to get this acct. to the cap and then move everything over to a mule as a goldsink.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:15 pm
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul

emotion_omnomnom

I'm adding more new stuff right now. ^_^ I'm trying to get this acct. to the cap and then move everything over to a mule as a goldsink.

*saunters over to your shop area* If I ever get my account to the cap, then I shall do the same, but that will most likely take me roughly sixty years. Give or take, of course. rofl  

0Ul

Versatile Girl

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:19 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul

emotion_omnomnom

*saunters over to your shop area* If I ever get my account to the cap, then I shall do the same, but that will most likely take me roughly sixty years. Give or take, of course. rofl

LOL! Yup...I saw in a thread someone said that even if you make 100k per day in Zomg, Aquarium, and normal activities it takes an entire year of doing all of that per day to amount to any premium items in the mp.

That's sad. That should NEVER happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:23 pm
xx I met my fate xx

LOL! Yup...I saw in a thread someone said that even if you make 100k per day in Zomg, Aquarium, and normal activities it takes an entire year of doing all of that per day to amount to any premium items in the mp.

You know what? That's sad, but very true. What's even worse? This is exactly what Gaia wanted to happen. It's been carefully planned and calculated for quite some time now, I believe. I remember, as I know you do as well, when 100K per day was quite a sum. How depressing. Yet, it's another reason I'm grateful for those like yourself, Pwnder and others here in this guild. I don't know if you all truly realize what a beacon of light you are in a sea of darkness for many of us. I have no problem stating without a doubt at all that I would have long left this site if not for that.

0Ul

Versatile Girl

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:24 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

You know what? That's sad, but very true. What's even worse? This is exactly what Gaia wanted to happen. It's been carefully planned and calculated for quite some time now, I believe. I remember, as I know you do as well, when 100K per day was quite a sum. How depressing. Yet, it's another reason I'm grateful for those like yourself, Pwnder and others here in this guild. I don't know if you all truly realize what a beacon of light you are in a sea of darkness for many of us. I have no problem stating without a doubt at all that I would have long left this site if not for that.

I'd be gone already if not for this guild. I agree....I honestly believe now that they are purposefully making gold an obsolete currency.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:27 pm
xx I met my fate xx
.I honestly believe now that they are purposefully making gold an obsolete currency.

That's what many said early on when a lot of this started to happen. I didn't quite believe it was possible, but now I see that it's certainly the case. Yet another example that it's going to be far-reaching for everyone is the Dice Roll example from earlier combined with the ongoing gold generators that award 1Billion-plus on a regular basis. Ugh.

0Ul

Versatile Girl

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx
.I honestly believe now that they are purposefully making gold an obsolete currency.

That's what many said early on when a lot of this started to happen. I didn't quite believe it was possible, but now I see that it's certainly the case. Yet another example that it's going to be far-reaching for everyone is the Dice Roll example from earlier combined with the ongoing gold generators that award 1Billion-plus on a regular basis. Ugh.

Yup. On the good note...Check out Gaia's Wiki. (Scroll down)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 pm
I've been seeing more of those pink links, flying cats, and other random links that sometimes fly around your page. Just the other day I got a pink link that rewarded me 5000 gold. Of course, if it had been 3 years ago I would have been estatic. But with everything becoming inflated like crazy, it doesn't even phase me if I get a 10000 gold item anymore. Its pretty sad. It sucks saving up Gaia Gold and then having the price inflate on something you've wanted like crazy. It feels like Gaia is becoming a site that depends on our money to run.

I honestly understand that a website costs a lot to run, but couldn't they at least do it in a manner that wouldn't hurt my wallet? I really loved Gaia when it was much simpler...

P.S. Gaia needs to stop with all of those useless annoucements! I don't want to know about a bunch of item recolors that I can't afford either way, anyway! I log in everyday, and I get bombarded with at least 10 Announcements.  

Eternal Vagabond

Desirable Genius

9,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Forum Regular 100

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:53 pm
xx I met my fate xx
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

Yup. On the good note...Check out Gaia's Wiki. (Scroll down)

Oh my gosh, I love that! In the currency part, it states that the average Gaia user spends $30/month. (PUKE) but this is my favorite part! I'm so glad you posted this!!!

Controversy and user dissatisfaction

Since the 2013 change of hands, Gaia Online has seen user satisfaction drop.[22] Multiple employees were laid off including those responsible for many of the site's most beloved features. Complaints span many areas of the sites but some of the largest are centered on the economy and separation of classes within the online community. A guild and store, called Club Verge, was created only for users who spent over One Hundred dollars on Gaia in one year. The items in this shop ranged in prices from twenty dollars to over a thousand dollars. Previously limited edition items - promised to be limited time only - were re-released to the public in the form of sales for Gaia Cash. Gaia also introduced Gold Generators. These random generators create amounts of gold rather than items, effectively over populating the economy and causing mass inflation of the market. Despite frequent attempts to restore equilibrium with "Gold Sinks" the gold generating items have continued to make the value of the virtual currency plummet. [23]

Another new complaint of the users is "Spam" from announcements. In a study it was shown that the number of announcements has more than doubled from years prior and almost all of them are in regards to the daily "cash sales" that plague the site. [24] With no end in the foreseeable future, many users are flocking to competitors of Gaia such as Ernia, Solia Online, and Syndrone Online.

On the subject of user dissatisfaction Gaia has said nothing. Instead the staff of GaiaOnline made a decision that also hurt many of its longtime users and chose to shut down their "Ask the Admin" hour. A weekly occurrence, Ask the Admin served as a line of communication between users and Gaia staff and a place to voice comments, complaints, and ideas.

Groups of users - some in the thousands - have sprung up, citing that a revolution needs to happen in order to save the site.

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff