Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG 3/3/14 - <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 88 :shock: )
  *lurks*
View Results

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:16 pm
Javier Cross
So can we talk about how to gather together every friday between multiple group leaders, to see if we can have a discussion or two prepared at the ready?

Can you elaborate on that Mr. Cross? I don't know what you mean about multiple group leaders.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:19 pm
Good evening guild!
Great turn out guys smile

Thanks for the other guild link about banning and third-party site warnings.

About the gold generators...
dark pillow, has some good points in the middle of their post.

It hit me the other day, Gaia doesn't care about flooding the Marketplace with crazy, wacked-out inflation driven items.

The more outrageous the prices for even the simplest of items that are now astronomically high all further deters the average Gaian from spending their hard earned gold and points them exclusively towards GC.
They are essentially trying to herd us towards a ultra dependency on GC!

Now I like to support the MC each month but Gaia has severely cut back on the availability of free CashTree video offers (both in our headers and in the video homepage). I can maybe earn 5 GC a day for completing those offers and nothing for some of the non-video sponsor ads.

There is no way to support even a MC monthly without buying GC.
I feel absolutely suffocated as I see this theory becoming more and more obvious!

chiaroscuro13

Dapper Veteran

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:22 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross
So can we talk about how to gather together every friday between multiple group leaders, to see if we can have a discussion or two prepared at the ready?

Can you elaborate on that Mr. Cross? I don't know what you mean about multiple group leaders.

Simply put, we have at least one leader in the Revolution, yes?
(Currently that would be the Charity Mule at the moment.)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:28 pm
Javier Cross
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross

As of right now the guild is run by all of the staff members. The mule is there to serve as a placeholder for the captain slot but we have no pre-defined leader. We are a council and we handle the guild together.

Granted, when I want approval for something I tend to look to Pwnder. She's shown a great deal of skill and finesse with the position.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:33 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross

As of right now the guild is run by all of the staff members. The mule is there to serve as a placeholder for the captain slot but we have no pre-defined leader. We are a council and we handle the guild together.

Granted, when I want approval for something I tend to look to Pwnder. She's shown a great deal of skill and finesse with the position.

Fair enough.
The idea behind why the suggestion to gather other leaders outside the group for meetings to be held on friday on a shared TinyChat link still applies.
Because imagining the majority of the site going around like headless chickens is never fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:42 pm
Javier Cross
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross

Fair enough.
The idea behind why the suggestion to gather other leaders outside the group for meetings to be held on friday on a shared TinyChat link still applies.
Because imagining the majority of the site going around like headless chickens is never fun.

If you can give me links to these "other groups" you're talking about I'll see what I can do about reaching out to them and trying to get all of us on the same page, maybe organize a big event like the day of silence or something with them.

If they are not groups specifically against the changes to Gaia as we are I can't guarantee anything since it would really not make sense for me to go to an RP guild with a request for them to join us etc. PM me those links and I'll see what I can do.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:46 pm
Is there any chance that we might be able to revive the Revolution Marketplace?

I have to be honest here and say that I don't understand making personal "gold sinks" with items because unless any given user is worth oh, let's say, 50 or 60 BILLION gold, it's not going to make any difference at all. Gaia is releasing gold generators like they're going out of style.

Tossing items into the vend for a price lower than ABP does nothing more than line the pockets of vendors who live their lives online 24-hours a day refreshing the "just added" page and buying up pixels to somehow validate their very existence.

There are some here (myself being one of them) that would still like to TRY and continue earning gold and buying pretty items with gold. My gold is truly earned, and I did not buy it with Gaia Cash. I support this guild and its resolve, but I hate to see items just thrown away or wasted to create some sort of gold sink or something like that that really isn't going to make any kind of difference to Gaia at all.

I would love to be able to pay a fair price that's agreeable to both parties for items for the duration of my time here. Is this a dead issue or is there any possibility for the Revolution MP to see the light of day again?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:02 pm
ninja the pets were supposed to be those fluffs right? i got a few of them and now they serve no purpose what so ever! the least they could do with the animal avatars is let us be able to still equip our backgrounds but noooo..........  

serafym_angelkynd

Amorous Receiver

27,215 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:07 pm
xx I met my fate xx

We boycott cash

Is this truly the case, sweetheart? I'm asking because I've seen many threads here along with replies to threads that would indicate otherwise. I think the majority here (even in this guild) "support" the site by purchasing GC. I'm also confident that there are many here that buy GC when it suits their needs or when they see no other option to afford any given number of items (animal crap included).

I can count on one hand the number of members here in this guild that have come forward to say "I WILL NOT BUY GAIA CASH!"

Any data on this, sweetheart? Maybe a formal poll or guild announcement at some point to get some true feedback on this? I think the outcome might surprise us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:23 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

We boycott cash

Is this truly the case, sweetheart? I'm asking because I've seen many threads here along with replies to threads that would indicate otherwise. I think the majority here (even in this guild) "support" the site by purchasing GC. I'm also confident that there are many here that buy GC when it suits their needs or when they see no other option to afford any given number of items (animal crap included).

I can count on one hand the number of members here in this guild that have come forward to say "I WILL NOT BUY GAIA CASH!"

Any data on this, sweetheart? Maybe a formal poll or guild announcement at some point to get some true feedback on this? I think the outcome might surprise us.

Unfortunately we cannot tell our users that they CAN'T buy cash. We talked about it as a group and decided that it would be too harsh to do so and we would lose a lot of users. We do however strongly encourage it, set up ways to help get items without resorting to it and so on. Following is my personal opinion. (I've had to make my own post style for this because so many of our members are so easily offended.)

Fate Says:

I would absolutely LOVE to just outright tell our members that they are not allowed to buy Gaia Cash. I do honestly feel that anyone still buying that is not truly dedicated and that the only way to be heard is for Gaia to feel the sting of seeing its sales dwindle DRASTICALLY.

So the answer to your question is yes and no. We will never encourage buying cash. We will always tell users that they should boycott...but we don't FORCE them to.

And I for one am tired of treating people who DO buy cash as anything less than idiots. To me, right now with how things are going it is absolutely stupid for someone to buy cash and INSULTING for anyone in this guild to do so.

As for the poll and announcement, i think that's a BRILLIANT idea. I'm going to set up a thread right now to see what users think. Our entire guild is a team, we need to be on the same wavelength.

----------------------------------------

Please Note

My personal opinion as stated in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this guild or the rest of its staff. If you are offended please come to me directly.

I swear I don't bite.

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 pm
xx I met my fate xx

Unfortunately we cannot tell our users that they CAN'T buy cash. We talked about it as a group and decided that it would be too harsh to do so and we would lose a lot of users. We do however strongly encourage it, set up ways to help get items without resorting to it and so on. Following is my personal opinion. (I've had to make my own post style for this because so many of our members are so easily offended.)

Fate Says:

I would absolutely LOVE to just outright tell our members that they are not allowed to buy Gaia Cash. I do honestly feel that anyone still buying that is not truly dedicated and that the only way to be heard is for Gaia to feel the sting of seeing its sales dwindle DRASTICALLY.

So the answer to your question is yes and no. We will never encourage buying cash. We will always tell users that they should boycott...but we don't FORCE them to.

And I for one am tired of treating people who DO buy cash as anything less than idiots. To me, right now with how things are going it is absolutely stupid for someone to buy cash and INSULTING for anyone in this guild to do so.

As for the poll and announcement, i think that's a BRILLIANT idea. I'm going to set up a thread right now to see what users think. Our entire guild is a team, we need to be on the same wavelength.

Please Note

My personal opinion as stated in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this guild or the rest of its staff. If you are offended please come to me directly.

I swear I don't bite.

Fate, thank you, as always, for your candid and honest reply. I'm so thankful that I can just come right out with what's on my mind, and you never take offense and that somehow you just "get" me. Thank you.

I definitely understand, respect and AGREE with everything you've said, and it's a shame that a guild/effort/organization can't exist on Gaia that truly boycotts GC. This is like a little Communist Gaia anymore that will squash any and all attempts at free speech whatsoever. Now it's more like "If we like what you say and you're a brainwashed lemming, we'll send you an anon gift." and the flip-side "If you don't like what we're doing, then get the ******** out. NOW."

With the methods to allow members here to afford items without having to buy GC, I stated in another post that I would truly like to see some life breathed back into the Revolution Marketplace here. I don't see this as being a haven for vendors, so whatever a member decides to do with the item would up to them. As long as both parties are happy, it should be golden on all counts. I just don't understand these personal "gold sinks" because there's simply too much gold around these days. It can be bought easily for a few dollars now M/Billions of it.

With the poll/announcement, thank you again, love. I'll be very curious, and I hope that it's an ongoing effort to get as much exposure and candid replies as possible. No judgement, but some honest answers because I think the discontent here and on Gaia in general stems from those that don't truly take a stand.

I have, I will and I will continue to BOYCOTT Gaia Cash until the day this frustrating site either shuts down or they kick me to the curb so hard that the banhammer leaves my little avi skull broken and bloody at the side of the road.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:53 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

Fate Says:

Please Note

I swear I don't bite.

Fate, thank you, as always, for your candid and honest reply. I'm so thankful that I can just come right out with what's on my mind, and you never take offense and that somehow you just "get" me. Thank you.

I definitely understand, respect and AGREE with everything you've said, and it's a shame that a guild/effort/organization can't exist on Gaia that truly boycotts GC. This is like a little Communist Gaia anymore that will squash any and all attempts at free speech whatsoever. Now it's more like "If we like what you say and you're a brainwashed lemming, we'll send you an anon gift." and the flip-side "If you don't like what we're doing, then get the ******** out. NOW."

With the methods to allow members here to afford items without having to buy GC, I stated in another post that I would truly like to see some life breathed back into the Revolution Marketplace here. I don't see this as being a haven for vendors, so whatever a member decides to do with the item would up to them. As long as both parties are happy, it should be golden on all counts. I just don't understand these personal "gold sinks" because there's simply too much gold around these days. It can be bought easily for a few dollars now M/Billions of it.

With the poll/announcement, thank you again, love. I'll be very curious, and I hope that it's an ongoing effort to get as much exposure and candid replies as possible. No judgement, but some honest answers because I think the discontent here and on Gaia in general stems from those that don't truly take a stand.

I have, I will and I will continue to BOYCOTT Gaia Cash until the day this frustrating site either shuts down or they kick me to the curb so hard that the banhammer leaves my little avi skull broken and bloody at the side of the road.

Here's the thread with the survey contained.
I absolutely 100% agree with you darling. I also will continue to Boycott Gaia Cash Even if they get their act together. I created the survey in a completely confidential way that I hope will encourage people to be honest. I also stated in the thread and I will state again here that anyone who shares any opinion in that thread will have the right to that and that there will be no argument or attacks of any kind there. Even users who have a different opinion from myself need to feel like they can speak freely here.

I also hate that it feels as though I cannot have an opinion anymore. As staff of the guild I've been told more than one time that I need to remember my place and be conscious of the fact that I'm an example...to me it feels like "Be a good little girl and don't have an opinion, lest you offend some mewling little child over the interwebz". I adhere to it grudgingly and I state my opinion when I feel that it won't damage the guild.

I'll have one of the crew members with announcement priveledges send out the announcement asap. This survey WILL be used to determine the course of the guild. We are not gaia, we'll come right out and tell you guys when we're using your opinions to help us shape our path. There may be more surveys in the future (especially because this one only has 9 questions and one throwaway one). Hopefully we can arrive at a place where everyone feels heard and valid and we can DO something more proactive to satisfy those who feel we aren't doing enough.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:27 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross
xx I met my fate xx
Javier Cross

Fair enough.

If you can give me links to these "other groups" you're talking about I'll see what I can do about reaching out to them and trying to get all of us on the same page, maybe organize a big event like the day of silence or something with them.

If they are not groups specifically against the changes to Gaia as we are I can't guarantee anything since it would really not make sense for me to go to an RP guild with a request for them to join us etc. PM me those links and I'll see what I can do.

Well, there is one RP group that exclaims that enough is enough with what's going on with Gaia and they want to help orchestrate the ordeal if you'll include them.

The rest will be as noted above.

Darius Runan leads the Go-Gaia Alliance, shame we no longer have Shadowfax_Luc among us since he got banned.

User Image

I stumbled upon this group that wants Gaia online saved, Pale-little-angel is the leader for it.

That is about 2 groups to recommend thus far, I shall go and find more, and then perhaps share with you a link to the RP group whose majority of attending members want in on it, actually.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:28 pm
Sure thing, sounds great. I'll get with the rest of the council and see about PMing the leaders of those groups. We're stronger together than we are divided.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:28 pm
xx I met my fate xx

Here's the thread with the survey contained.
I absolutely 100% agree with you darling. I also will continue to Boycott Gaia Cash Even if they get their act together. I created the survey in a completely confidential way that I hope will encourage people to be honest. I also stated in the thread and I will state again here that anyone who shares any opinion in that thread will have the right to that and that there will be no argument or attacks of any kind there. Even users who have a different opinion from myself need to feel like they can speak freely here.

I also hate that it feels as though I cannot have an opinion anymore. As staff of the guild I've been told more than one time that I need to remember my place and be conscious of the fact that I'm an example...to me it feels like "Be a good little girl and don't have an opinion, lest you offend some mewling little child over the interwebz". I adhere to it grudgingly and I state my opinion when I feel that it won't damage the guild.

I'll have one of the crew members with announcement priveledges send out the announcement asap. This survey WILL be used to determine the course of the guild. We are not gaia, we'll come right out and tell you guys when we're using your opinions to help us shape our path. There may be more surveys in the future (especially because this one only has 9 questions and one throwaway one). Hopefully we can arrive at a place where everyone feels heard and valid and we can DO something more proactive to satisfy those who feel we aren't doing enough.

Thank you for this, love. I've taken the poll, replied, and I've taken the survey. I've been curious about this for quite some time now, and I applaud you for taking a stand like this.

I also applaud your dedication to the cause, even when it comes at the expense of your own feelings and well-placed pride, but sometimes, we have to stop being "nice" and allowing ourselves to be censored and/or controlled. There's never been a Revolution that didn't come at a cost, and this one is obviously very important to all of us or we wouldn't be here.

But just how important is it? Are we all willing to take a TRUE stand and draw a line in the sand? Or do we censor ourselves in the interest of numbers?

You already know I don't censor myself, and I won't be silenced. I know you feel very much the same way, and I think that's where some of the discontent and pushback is coming from with this guild sometimes. The grey area is cavernous, and it's become a polite tea party in many ways. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but even if we disagree (and we will,) it's still a safe haven where we can truly speak our minds: Something we're not allowed to do outside the confines of this guild. Maybe this will help us to organize something to appease those that came here to truly bring about change and take some action to have our voices heard.

Or we'll damn sure go down trying!

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces